RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

For someone so crushed he was an absolute tower of strength.

blewuporstuffed

jesus that was tough to watch, god knows what it must of been like for him and the lads to stand in front of the camera like that.
well done Logie for the way he has conducted the whole media side of this, nice to see someone with a bit of compassion deal with it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

wanderer

As someone already said, I struggle to connect to these incidents when watching from afar. But you'd have a heart of stone if you weren't moved by that.
My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Your heart aches for the man, for someone to have to go through his fathers death, Paul McGirr, Cormac MacAnallen and give so much comfort to others, and then deliver that speech is something else. I'd settle for having a fraction of the mans dignity and faith
RIP

tbrick18

I dont think I've ever seen anything quite like that before.
It's so immensely sad that its beyond words.
God help the two families and I hope justice is served, it might bring them some peace in the months and years to come.

wavesofTORRES

Watched that on UTV with my 80yr old father. We both cried and cried no shame I have never done that in front of him before. Christ that was the hardest thing I have ever watched. I just wanted to put my arms around those poor lads and Mickey and squeeze them. God give them strengh.

Tonto

Truly devastating news for the whole community.  Can't even begin to imagine what her husband must be going through out there now by himself.  It really puts a lot of your own troubles and problems into perspective when something like this happens within our own society.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Minus15 on January 11, 2011, 07:40:45 PM
Watched the two news bulletins on UTV and BBC and then read this thread for the first time.

Heart-wrenching news that has touched us all. I met Michaela a couple of times but did not know her. I honestly don't think I have had such a feeling of loss for someone I did not know.

I pray that the opportunity to lay Michaela to rest comes without unnecesary delay. A shocking tragedy.

Condolences to the family and especially to John. May she rest in peace.

I'd agree 100% with that. I've often thought that expressions of sympathy which pour out from sites like this can be somewhat hollow in relation to people we don't know but this seems different somehow.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armamike

Senseless waste of such a precious young life with so much to live for.  Unbelievably tragic. No words can convey the pain  and utter despair that the Harte and McAreavey families must be feeling now.  No family should have to endure this. God help them.
That's just, like your opinion man.

mylestheslasher

I just watched the interview with Mickey Harte in full on RTE's website. All I can say is the man is incredible and an inspiration even while in such obvious pain and distress.

STREET FIGHTER

Micky Harte is a great ambassador for both the Irish & GAA community.

He is a true credit and his faith is incredible.

The interview was painstakingly difficult to watch.

Again my thoughts are with both families.

mattockranger

Very interesting and very Brave

Tyrone to fulfil McKenna Cup fixture
11 January 2011

Tyrone County Board have said that they expect their senior side to line out against Fermanagh in the McKenna Cup on Sunday.

The county and Gaels nationwide haven been in mourning following the tragic death of manager Mickey Harte's daughter Michaela.

However, the O'Neill County have announced this evening that they will fulfil the game with the blessing of their manager.

"The only thing that will prevent that happening is the remains coming home or a possible funeral," explained Tyrone PRO Damian Harvey.

"Mickey Harte has given his blessing for Tyrone GAA activities to continue."
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

the Deel Rover

i listened to mickey hartes statement on today fm and my eyes just welled up so so sad and yet again just shows what a great couragoues man Mickey is . 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Sportacus

Watched Mickey's interview on BBC News 24.  He just makes me proud to be in the GAA.  So dignified, genuine and articulate. 

RIP.

Tyrones own

Heart wrenching interview altogether...may God give them
strength in the days, Weeks and indeed years ahead.
RIP Michaela.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Maguire01

Quote from: mattockranger on January 11, 2011, 09:03:42 PM
Very interesting and very Brave

Tyrone to fulfil McKenna Cup fixture
11 January 2011

Tyrone County Board have said that they expect their senior side to line out against Fermanagh in the McKenna Cup on Sunday.

The county and Gaels nationwide haven been in mourning following the tragic death of manager Mickey Harte's daughter Michaela.

However, the O'Neill County have announced this evening that they will fulfil the game with the blessing of their manager.

"The only thing that will prevent that happening is the remains coming home or a possible funeral," explained Tyrone PRO Damian Harvey.

"Mickey Harte has given his blessing for Tyrone GAA activities to continue."
I think it could be a good way for the GAA community to come out and show their solidarity with the families. Although it won't be easy for the players or the fans to 'enjoy' the game.