RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

That interview on RTÉ was heart-wrenching. Mickey Harte deserves such credit for talking in such circumstances. I nearly broke down looking at the pain on the face of the poor son on Mickey's right - Matthew I think? This is just so tragic on so many levels. I hope that, as Mickey requested, Michaela's husband John is left in peace out there. I fear that won't be the case.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

DennistheMenace

I'm in bits here, my god how do those close feel.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 11, 2011, 06:39:45 PM
That interview on RTÉ was heart-wrenching. Mickey Harte deserves such credit for talking in such circumstances. I nearly broke down looking at the pain on the face of the poor son on Mickey's right - Matthew I think?

Yep, Matthew on his right, Michael on his left.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Awful waste of a life. Feel sorry for the immediate family and her husband who will be tormented with what ifs. I'm sure everyone who knew her are devastated as it seems she was genuinely a really nice person - I would say Rois knew her well so sympathies to all family and friends. 

Lamh Dhearg Alba

A truly horrible situation and my thoughts and condolences are with the two families. As Tyrone supporters we have seen at first hand the close relationship between Mickey and Micheala Harte and the way she was very much part of that special group who came through terrible times to bring success to the county. It beggars belief that like Paul McGirr and Cormac McAnallen she has now passed away at such a young age. Mickey himself has been a tower of strength to many people at difficult times and it's cruel indeed that his own family has now suffered such a terrible and totally unexpected loss. I hope the Harte and McAreavey families are given the privacy they have requested.

RIP Micheala.

spuds

Shocking news altogether. My sincerest sympathies to her husband John and all her family and friends.
Ar dheis Dé go raimh a anam
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Puckoon on January 11, 2011, 06:08:28 PM
My own heart is breaking as I read that. Tears in the eyes for all of us - as we think of our own families, and daughters, and sisters and mothers. They didnt have to take her wee life. Such a loss.

thats what i cant understand either puckoon, if they were going to rob the room, rob it and head on. scummy b**tards and cowardly b**tards into the bargain. Through all the grief you cant help being so fuckin angry too.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

stew

That is some man, I have tears in my eyes after watching that, God bless both families and I hope they can find some kind of peace in the weeks and months ahead.

Tyrone has suffered enough of late and I hope this is the last tragedy for a long time to come out of there.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 11, 2011, 07:26:20 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 11, 2011, 06:08:28 PM
My own heart is breaking as I read that. Tears in the eyes for all of us - as we think of our own families, and daughters, and sisters and mothers. They didnt have to take her wee life. Such a loss.

thats what i cant understand either puckoon, if they were going to rob the room, rob it and head on. scummy b**tards and cowardly b**tards into the bargain. Through all the anger you cant help being so fuckin angry too.
How did they even think they were going to get away with the robbery never mind anything else - surely only a few people would have access to the room by that means (as is clear now with the murder investigation). All the slagging, rows and rivalry we're all the one family and she's one of us - it makes me so angry. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ross matt

Mickey is truly an exceptional man to have such reserves of character that enabled him conduct that interview so articulately. His compassion for his son in law was so genuine. He obviously has some faith. His sons looked buckled with grief. God help them all....

Minus15

Watched the two news bulletins on UTV and BBC and then read this thread for the first time.

Heart-wrenching news that has touched us all. I met Michaela a couple of times but did not know her. I honestly don't think I have had such a feeling of loss for someone I did not know.

I pray that the opportunity to lay Michaela to rest comes without unnecesary delay. A shocking tragedy.

Condolences to the family and especially to John. May she rest in peace.

Tubberman

Quote from: ross matt on January 11, 2011, 07:34:59 PM
Mickey is truly an exceptional man to have such reserves of character that enabled him conduct that interview so articulately. His compassion for his son in law was so genuine. He obviously has some faith. His sons looked buckled with grief. God help them all....

The poor son on the left of the picture was really struggling to keep it together. I found it awful hard to watch as someone who had no connection to any of those involved, it's impossible to imagine what the families are going through.
Even Bryan Dobson seemed to be a bit choked up after it.
I just hope all the support and sympathy from across the island, and undeniable faith that Mickey has, will help them get through this.
And poor John, her husband. What he is having to deal with.... All the 'what ifs' going through his mind. So far away, with nobody he knows. Thank God there are people on their way out to him - he'll need it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Square Ball

watched the news and was close to tears, never met her, but like most people was deeply moved by the strenght of the family. may god help them in this time of need
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mountainboii

Usually find it very difficult to feel any genuine emotions when something happens to people I don't know personally, but it was impossible not to be moved watching Mickey there.

Two Hands FFS

Watching the News would break your heart. Throughout the years after Tyrone's thriumphs when pictured together you knew they were close...but after watching Micky speak about his daughter you realise how they meant to each other & the whole family. Shows the quality of the man to be able to speak like that

Condolences to the the Harte & McAreavey Family & their friends & especially John. The pain John must be in at present would be hard to put into words. They should be celebrating only the beginning of their life together. Its is still hard to believe & I hope they are able to cope in the next couple of weeks.

RIP Michaela