That little girl was wed,
The happiest couple on a foreign shore,
It can't be that she's dead

That little girl by her Daddy's side,
Engaged, clued in,
That little girl her Daddy's pride,
Will be his shining light within, always

RIP Michaela, and God's Strength John.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

For John McAreavy to have to find what he did and have to deal what the aftermath on his own is unthinkable. I can not begin to imagine what he must be going through. I hope his faith ,or otherwise, can help him through it. My thoughts are with him and the Harte family. R.I.P.

Really am totally shocked by this. I suppose it's when it happens "closer to home" these kind of things kick in.

Sandino

I first heard this news yesterday afternoon. My first emotion was one of shock and then extreme sadness for the suffering of John Mc Arevey and the Harte and McArevey families. As news filtered through last night about the nature of Michaela's death the situation just seemed to sad to comprehend. I waited until today to post my condolences to the Harte and McArevey families in the hope that I could find appropriate words to express how I feel. Alas no words are adequate to describe what has happened or how I feel. As the doting father of two daughters I offer my prayers for the families, Rest in Peace Michaela McArevey. I just hope prosecutions are cleared up quickly so as not to inflect more suffering on all concerned.

Well said, FoSB.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Louth Exile

Just reading the latest piece on the Irish Times site and you couldn't but be brought to tears. A truly awful event.

May she Rest in Peace
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Kerry Mike

Am still shocked on this, have been checking to see that it was some sick hoax, hard to comprehend and take in that she is dead.

Cormac McAnallen and Paul McGirr will take her gently by the hands and lead her on her way. RIP
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

fearglasmor

Language is totally inept in attempting to convey emotions when such a trajedy occurs.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Norf Tyrone

Mickey Harte will be on RTE and UTV tonight at 6pm for those interested.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ExiledGael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2011, 04:35:28 PM

God help him through it, don't know how you could deal with it.
Glad he is speaking though to put an end to some disgusting reporting/guessing on the tragedy from some outlets.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2011, 04:35:28 PM

Mark Sidebottom was saying this morning on the radio he was expected to talk to the media this afternoon. Sidebottom also said in all his time both privately and professionally he has never come across a more heartbroken house as the Harte household today. Sad times.

DennistheMenace

I am so so saddened about this, keep thinking about Michaela, the Harte family and poor John. I cannot fathom what they are going through right now and no amount of words can express my sympathy for them all.

May she rest in peace.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Like everyone else I feel numb, shocked and helpless at this news. I wish there was something I could do to give some comfort to the Harte and McAreavey families, but there isn't.

The esteem in which Michaela was held can be seen by the reactions on this thread - from every county in Ireland people have nothing but good things to say about her.

May God give strength and resilience to the bereaved in the days and nights ahead. RIP Michaela.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Apple Crumble

So sorry to hear the news.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and close friends.

R.I.P.