RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forfeit Point

Shocking stuff!

Really feel for mickey, an out and out gentleman.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Zapatista on January 11, 2011, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 11, 2011, 01:11:07 PM
I think she was also the brains behind the team CD for 2003 where they all had a song each that meant so much to them, for example Cormac's was 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet.  'Little things' that Mickey references so often in his book that contribute so much to greater success.

This may have been the case in 2003 also. It's just the scene in 05 sticks out for me.
She was a key component in the background in so many 'little' things that all helped the team.

Estimator

Absolute tragedy, devastasting for everyone involved. 

That story from Nesbitt reminded me of Brolly's article about Brian Og McKeever.  I cut and paste the relevant section below.

Quote"Some weeks ago, the family asked me to ring Mickey Harte to see if he would pray for them. It was the day after Mickey's road accident and despite the pain of broken ribs, Mickey came to the house the following day and prayed with them, something for which they are deeply grateful."

Ulster League Champions 2009

ONeill

We hope Mickey's strong faith, and his family's, will somehow find him the strength and wherewithal to deal with something very few of us will have to experience. He'll find no end of comfort from those around him and beyond. John McAreavey and his own family's plight can often be forgotton in media reports. We can only hope he can find some method of coping to get through the immediate future. Unimaginable grief, anger and bewilderment.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: ONeill on January 11, 2011, 01:47:11 PM
We hope Mickey's strong faith, and his family's, will somehow find him the strength and wherewithal to deal with something very few of us will have to experience. He'll find no end of comfort from those around him and beyond. John McAreavey and his own family's plight can often be forgotton in media reports. We can only hope he can find some method of coping to get through the immediate future. Unimaginable grief, anger and bewilderment.

well said.

something like this i'm sure would test the most devout of men's faith, hopefully it helps him cope

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 11, 2011, 10:49:13 AM
As posters have stated, there is a really surreal feeling to all of this.  Absolutely devastated for the family, friends and for her husband as well as god only knows what that man is going through right now out there on his own.  Really is hard to comprehend what has happened, you never think much of these things in the news until it happens locally.  I dont know how a family gets over something like this, I just hope they find the strength to do so.  RIP.

+1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

umpire

Tragic news for Harte and McAareavey families, Michaela McAreavey R.I.P.

ziggysego

I have been in complete shock, since the news broke yesterday afternoon. I've been unable to think of much else since and have even dreamed about it last night. It's a testament to the woman, as I've never had the pleasure of meeting her, that her untimely and horrific death can feel so personal to each of us.

I hope that the Harte's strong faith will stand by them in the difficult days, weeks and months ahead, as it will be a very testing time for them.

I've delayed posting here for nearly a full day, so I could have the right words to express with I'm feeling and the Gaels across Ireland and the world. Unfortunately there are no words.

My thoughts are with the Harte and John's families and I will pray for the extra strength you shall need.

Michaela RIP
Testing Accessibility

J70

I am just stunned. Absolutely heart breaking. And so random, if the Irish Times report is true. I've no idea how her husband or parents will be able to cope with this. And she always seemed such an effervescent, happy person when you'd see her at a game or on the tv. Just tragic.

rrhf

Maybe it was the innocent beauty of the girl and her love and enthusiasm for her father and her football, maybe its the sheer wastefulness of a well lived young life stolen in its prime, or the loss of a life long relationship for a young husband, or  that perhaps the most successful and tragic times in Tyrone GAA will always be associated with her and her father.  Whatever it is, people everywhere are numbed by this, this is as tragic as it gets for the Hartes and the McAreaveys, for their families and friends.  God bless them all. 

ross matt

Quote from: ONeill on January 11, 2011, 01:47:11 PM

Well said O'Neill.

armaghniac

Indeed. The Harte's will have the support of a wide community to help in their terrible tragedy and people will rally around the McAreaveys too. But poor John McAreavey has had to bear the immediate crisis without support close at hand, it hardly bears thinking about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Doogie Browser

One of the news reports said this morning that British diplomats were on the scene which if true would have been a great help to John. Nearest Irish embassy was S Africa and they arrive today according to the news.

angermanagement

Johns brother and Mark Harte are on there way out also, should be there tomorrow. Still in shock over this, was welling up listening to talk back today God only know what the families and close friends are going through.

tyroneboi

Almost 24hrs later and I am still stunned by the news. I never met her but have met Mickey several times and he is the most genuine person you could ever meet. You hear so many stories of Mickey being there for so many families at their time of need including the McGirrs and McAnallens all those years ago but for him and his family to now have to bear that grief for his only daughter and the circumstances of her death really saddens me. There are no real words to express my sympathy to both families but just hope their faith, prayers and the support of their communities see them through this tough time. RIP