Connacht FBD League 2011 Extravaganza - Official Thread Anseo

Started by Barney, December 30, 2010, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2011, 01:26:50 AM
Quote from: ross4life on January 09, 2011, 01:19:04 AM
Quote from: ck on January 09, 2011, 01:02:11 AM
Surprised to see Sean Davey back on the Sligo panel

The same Sean Davey that scored a monster point v us in the Connacht final back in July?

And crippled Tommy Walsh the year before with a shoulder below in Tralee. Seán is one of those players that is capable of anything and I mean anything! That point in the Connacht final was one of the weirdest kicks I've ever seen. I was half way through cursing him when it changed direction and curled unnaturally over the bar!

You should curse more often.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2011, 02:58:53 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2011, 01:26:50 AM
Quote from: ross4life on January 09, 2011, 01:19:04 AM
Quote from: ck on January 09, 2011, 01:02:11 AM
Surprised to see Sean Davey back on the Sligo panel

The same Sean Davey that scored a monster point v us in the Connacht final back in July?

And crippled Tommy Walsh the year before with a shoulder below in Tralee. Seán is one of those players that is capable of anything and I mean anything! That point in the Connacht final was one of the weirdest kicks I've ever seen. I was half way through cursing him when it changed direction and curled unnaturally over the bar!

You should curse more often.

That's the first time someone has said that to me!

Tubberman

Mayo v Leitrim called off due to unplayable pitch.
Only called off a few minutes ago, very poor from an organisation point of view. All the supporters would have been en route to the match. Just off the phone to my father who was around Brickens when he heard - not a happy man at all! He didn't have to go too far in comparison to others, especially any hardy Leitrim souls who made the journey.
Wouldn't you think a pitch inspection earlier on would have decided one way or the other whether the match could go ahead.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross4life

Roscommon game also called off! need to play this games in pitches that can withstand the conditions
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tubberman

Quote from: ross4life on January 09, 2011, 02:19:33 PM
Roscommon game also called off! need to play this games in pitches that can withstand the conditions

The Connacht Centre of Excellence would be just the job!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Maybe Prenty need to organise some excellence in timely pitch inspections >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

thanks to Ram over on the SS

The team listed to play was:

1. Mark Miley
2. Jason Carney
3. John Nolan
4. Sean Purcell
5. Niall Carty
6. Donal Ward
7. Ronan Brady
8. Martin Reynolds
9. Kevin Higgins
10. Fintan Cregg
11. John Rogers
12. Senan O Grady
13. Terence Kelly
14. John Dunning
15. Ger Henaghan

SUBS E McGinley, J McKeague, D Carney, S McDermott, J Connaughton, M Finneran, R Dooner, C Devaney, D Hussey, N Collins

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tubberman on January 09, 2011, 01:54:56 PM
Mayo v Leitrim called off due to unplayable pitch.
Only called off a few minutes ago, very poor from an organisation point of view. All the supporters would have been en route to the match. Just off the phone to my father who was around Brickens when he heard - not a happy man at all! He didn't have to go too far in comparison to others, especially any hardy Leitrim souls who made the journey.
Wouldn't you think a pitch inspection earlier on would have decided one way or the other whether the match could go ahead.

I believe it was inspected earlier that morning and passed as playable. Pitch seemed fine but referee was concerned about the top left corner, which is more sheltered than the rest of the pitch, therefore more ice. I did well though - didn't pay in and got money back on way out  :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

SLIGONIAN

Just back from Sligo Galway..

Good game for the conditions, Sligo 1-10 Galway 2-9

Armstrong scored 2-3 off Allstar Charlie Harrison. :-X

Best for Sligo Pat Hughes 0-2, Francis Quinn 0-1, Paul Mcgovern and everyone worked hard. Sligo were 1-5 to 0-2 up at HT with the wind, Galway got a goal start of 2nd half after the ref pulled Charlie for picking off the grd even though he clearly put his foot under it, the ref pulled for picking off the grd all day even when it bounced so no complaints as he was consistently useless for both teams.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

First game lead boots might be an excuse for Harrison but Armstrong is one of those players that could go into "Footballers with potential" thread maybe he'll cut it this year who knows?

FBD is always about performances results matter little.

GalwayBayBoy

Finally found Galway team today. Took long enough.

P Lally
C McGrath
F Hanley
A Glynn
D Reilly 
N Coleman
G Sice
G O'Donnell
E Hoare
M Clancy
C Healy
B Faherty
J Ryan
C de Paor
S Armstrong

RedandGreenSniper

From Connachtgaa.ie

Connacht FBD League: Sunday 9th January 2011

Round 1: Results

Sligo 1-10 Galway 2-9

Venue: Enniscrone

Scorers:
Galway: S Armstrong (2-3, 0-1f); C De Paor (0-2); J Ryan (0-2, 0-1f); E Hoare (0-1); M Clancy (0-1)
Sligo: D Maye (0-6, 0-5f); T Taylor (1-0); P Hughes (0-2); A Costello (0-1f); F Quinn (0-1).

Sligo: J Farrell; C Harrison, C Davey, N Ewing; P McGovern, M McGuire, B O'Boyle; T Taylor, B Egan; A Costello, F Quinn, P Hughes; D Maye, J Hynes, A Marren.
Subs: S Davey for Marren, 52; D Rooney for O'Boyle, 57; M Breheny for Costello, 58; M Quinn for McGuire, inj, 62.

Galway: P Lally; K McGrath, F Hanley, A Glynn; D Reilly, N Coleman, G Sice; E Hoare, G O'Donnell; M Clancy, C Healy, S Armstrong; B Flaherty, C De Paor, J Ryan. Subs: M Kelly for Flaherty, 25; F O Curraoin for Healy, h-t; A Burke for Reilly, 56; C O Cualain for Hoare, 59.

NUI, Galway 0-11 IT Sligo 0-10
Venue: Dangan

Scorers:
NUI Galway: J Doherty (0-7, 7fs); N Douglas (0-2, 1f); C Mimnagh (0-1); F Deasmhumnaigh (0-1).
Sligo IT: G White (0-5, 1f); A Croal (0-2); E Keating (0-2, 1f); D Gallagher (0-1).

NUI, Galway: Nathan King, Shane McHale, Ciaran McDonald, Ronan Rochford, Peadar Gardiner, Kieran O' Connor, Donal Newcombe, Stephen Gilmartin(C), Brian Geraghty, Denis Coroon, Cian Mimnagh, Mark McHugh, Neil Douglas, Greg Higgins, Jason Doherty.
Subs: J Moore for Newcombe, 18; F Deasmhumnaigh for Geraghty, 53; D Wynne for Mimnagh, 54.

IT Sligo: Adrian Faherty, Dermot Reynolds, Paul Gleeson, Paddy McGuire, Paul Kelly, Paul Kane, Darren Daly, Martin Brady, David Givney, Gary White, Eugene Keating, Gary Gaughan, Adrian Croal, Kenny Sweeney, Donnacha Gallagher.
Subs: P Garvey for Mannion, 29; K Rodgers for McHugh, 43; K Cawley for Daly, 49; M Leddy for Keane, 52.

Leitrim vs. Mayo Game Postponed
Venue: Ballyhaunis

Roscommon vs. GMIT Game postponed
Venue: Ballyforan

For FBD League Table, click on Con' Leagues '11 on the sidebar.

Connacht FBD League: Round 2 Fixtures

Saturday 15th January 2011

Mayo vs. GMIT

Venue: McHale Park, Castlebar

Throw in: 7.30pm

IT Sligo vs. Sligo

Venue: Ballinode, Sligo

Throw In: 7.30pm

Connacht FBD League:

Sunday 16th January 2011

Galway vs. NUI, Galway
Venue: Tuam Stadium
Throw in: 2pm

Roscommon vs. Leitrim
Venue: Elphin, Roscommon.
Throw in: 2pm

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

laoisgaa

Navan

St Lomans, Mullingar

Ballyhaunis though takes the biscuit!

ross4life

AbbeySider

Quote from: ross4life on January 10, 2011, 12:04:42 AM
Quote from: laoisgaa on January 09, 2011, 10:42:50 PM

Over there is the great county called Roscommon kings of high connacht.........

I along with a few more posters on here made the trip to Ballyhaunis only for the game to be called off.
From where I was standing the pitch looked sound, although a tiny section in the corner didnt seem to get sunlight and the ground was deemed frozen.

It occurred to me that perhaps Leitrim didnt want to play the fixture though. They didnt seem warm-up for the match and waited in the dressing-room. Mayo were put through their paces for a warm-up and seemed to expecting the game to go ahead. Strange.