Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: INDIANA on January 30, 2011, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 30, 2011, 05:54:02 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2011, 05:47:01 PM
Why would anyone engage with the media when they treat him like Sweeney did in that article?

QuotePaul, there's such a thing as an enigma. And then there's such a thing as an asshole. Don't start getting them confused.

Sweeney might start taking his own advice.

Did he really write that? I've no love for Galvin but thats out of order from Sweeney, a Gaelic footballer shouldnt have to take abuse like that from the media.

I think if you actively seek publicity like Galvin. You have to take the consequences that go with it.
Exactly. It's not nice, but Galvin put himself up to publicise the competition and then shunned the media. That's not the way to play the game.

INDIANA

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 30, 2011, 06:06:22 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 30, 2011, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 30, 2011, 05:54:02 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2011, 05:47:01 PM
Why would anyone engage with the media when they treat him like Sweeney did in that article?

QuotePaul, there's such a thing as an enigma. And then there's such a thing as an asshole. Don't start getting them confused.

Sweeney might start taking his own advice.

Did he really write that? I've no love for Galvin but thats out of order from Sweeney, a Gaelic footballer shouldnt have to take abuse like that from the media.

I think if you actively seek publicity like Galvin. You have to take the consequences that go with it.
Exactly. It's not nice, but Galvin put himself up to publicise the competition and then shunned the media. That's not the way to play the game.

Thats just it. Galvin has heavily publicised his interests in fashion, writes a newspaper column, done a documentary on himself etc. You cant just pick out the bits of being in the public eye you like and get a carte blanche on criticism from the media. He's more then an amateur Gaelic Footballer at this stage. He earns money from the media.
So for me Sweeney is well within his rights.

orangeman

Sweeney, when you read this you're way,way out of order.

If you wanted to call Galvin an asshole, why did you have to try and conceal it under these auspices ?.

The Indo has reached a new low.

Is it now acceptable to insult an IC player in the national press ?.

I know the journos weren't happy that Galvin didn't wait arond the other day, but come on lads, this is out of order. To say that he brought this on himself is not right either. He doesn't speak to media, so it's alright to be insulted publicly the following Sunday in the national papers cos he "brought it on himself" ? How do you come up with that one ?.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on January 30, 2011, 06:17:48 PM

If you wanted to call Galvin an asshole, why did you have to try and conceal it under these auspices ?.

I know the journos weren't happy that Galvin didn't wait arond the other day, but come on lads, this is out of order. To say that he brought this on himself is not right either. He doesn't speak to media, so it's alright to be insulted publicly the following Sunday in the national papers cos he "brought it on himself" ? How do you come up with that one ?.
Did you not read the previous posts?

orangeman

Jesus Indiana, I'm shocked.

He's more then an amateur Gaelic Footballer at this stage. He earns money from the media.

There are plenty of GAA lads earning money from the media but no journo has publicly sunk to this low before. I don't see how it's acceptable at all.

What sort of a precedent is this setting ? Where is it going to finish ?

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 30, 2011, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 30, 2011, 06:17:48 PM

Did you not read the previous posts?
[/b]

I did and still don't see any justification for this. I'm sorry but I don't.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: orangeman on January 30, 2011, 06:27:19 PM

He's more then an amateur Gaelic Footballer at this stage. He earns money from the media.

There are plenty of GAA lads earning money from the media but no journo has publicly sunk to this low before. I don't see how it's acceptable at all.

Sweeney has sunk much lower before.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 30, 2011, 06:34:33 PM

Sweeney has sunk much lower before.
[/b]

How ?

muppet

Sweeney is basically calling him unprofessional, by calling him an Asshole in a newspaper article.

Hilarious hypocrisy really.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2011, 06:46:10 PM
Sweeney is basically calling him unprofessional, by calling him an Asshole in a newspaper article.

Hilarious hypocrisy really.

Callling him unproferssional would have been fine.

Calling him an asshole surely isn't on ?.

Maguire01

He didn't actually call him an asshole at all.

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 28, 2011, 08:02:44 PM

..and how much money have the newspapers  made off selling stories about Paul Galvin to fools like you ? You can be sure Paul Galvin has seen none of that money.

More power to him, the middle finger is exactly what those t**ts deserve.

I'd say Galvin hasn't given the middle finger to very many tw*ts...   :-*

INDIANA

Hang on a second:

- How many Gaa players personally commissioned a documentary about themselves and broadcast it?

Thats inviting celebrity in my view. No problem with him doing it but you have to take what goes with that and he doesn't actually call him an asshole.

He doesn't just see himself as a Gaa player anymore. Cant just take the bits you like that go with that anymore. His day job is now essentially the public eye.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on January 30, 2011, 07:15:21 PM

Hang on a second:

- How many Gaa players personally commissioned a documentary about themselves and broadcast it?

Thats inviting celebrity in my view. No problem with him doing it but you have to take what goes with that and he doesn't actually call him an asshole.

He doesn't just see himself as a Gaa player anymore. Cant just take the bits you like that go with that anymore. His day job is now essentially the public eye.

Ok please explain why the word asshole appears in Sweeney's article about Galvin.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2011, 07:52:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 30, 2011, 07:15:21 PM

Hang on a second:

Ok please explain why the word asshole appears in Sweeney's article about Galvin.
He's referring to the thin line that exists.