Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: ONeill on December 31, 2010, 01:02:09 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on December 31, 2010, 12:51:18 PM
Quote from: LilySavage on December 31, 2010, 11:18:15 AM
Who cares about what he wears or how often he shaves. Its 2010, get over it.

Plainly Galvin thinks people care about what he wears as he spent the first half of the show talking about his fashion. The documentary, in my opinion, was concieved with the view of how a GAA player prepares for the latter stages of an all Ireland championship! This however went to pot when Kerry got knocked out so they had to pad the rest out with b*llocks about what he wears and that completely pointless section of him in New York! I hope they do this type of thing again, perhaps following someone else such as Bernard Brogan or Gooch. I'd be more interested in the football side of things than listening to someone give off about his treatment in the media, which in the big scheme of things isn't that bad! Hardly a big deal that he is accused of going to Lilys!

They'd need to be picky about their subject matter though. It could be incredibly dull if the player was a dour hoor.

Agree but i think its something RTE should persue on a more regaular basis and air the programs in run up's to the big games.  Hype, Hype, Hype.  Hype the balls out of the things, hype sells.  Not enough hype at the minute in championship games, we need hype.  I think fly on the wall programs like these can add much needed hype.  Imagine following the Gooch around for a week before a clash with Cork and him maybe slating a few Cork defenders and bad mouthing opponents, would certianly add an edge (not that gooch would do this anyway but you get my point)  ;D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on December 31, 2010, 01:33:39 PM

Plainly Galvin thinks people care about what he wears as he spent the first half of the show talking about his fashion. The documentary, in my opinion, was concieved with the view of how a GAA player prepares for the latter stages of an all Ireland championship! This however went to pot when Kerry got knocked out so they had to pad the rest out with b*llocks about what he wears and that completely pointless section of him in New York! I hope they do this type of thing again, perhaps following someone else such as Bernard Brogan or Gooch. I'd be more interested in the football side of things than listening to someone give off about his treatment in the media, which in the big scheme of things isn't that bad! Hardly a big deal that he is accused of going to Lilys!

They'd need to be picky about their subject matter though. It could be incredibly dull if the player was a dour hoor.

Agree but i think its something RTE should persue on a more regaular basis and air the programs in run up's to the big games.  Hype, Hype, Hype.  Hype the balls out of the things, hype sells.  Not enough hype at the minute in championship games, we need hype.  I think fly on the wall programs like these can add much needed hype.  Imagine following the Gooch around for a week before a clash with Cork and him maybe slating a few Cork defenders and bad mouthing opponents, would certianly add an edge (not that gooch would do this anyway but you get my point)  ;D

There's a difference between good promotion and the extremities of hype. We're no where even near the first stage. Getting there would be sufficient.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

GalwayBayBoy

Hype, Hype, Hype.  Hype the balls out of the things, hype sells.  Not enough hype at the minute in championship games, we need hype.  I think fly on the wall programs like these can add much needed hype.

So you're saying we need more hype?

red hander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 30, 2010, 06:32:21 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 30, 2010, 06:05:09 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 30, 2010, 03:43:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2010, 04:43:07 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 21, 2010, 04:26:25 PM
Not that it matters but Galvin has a girlfriend.

I heard she's a great looking girl too.

she has a big c**k.

Aye... on her arm

Oh, that crude britboy humour. Where would we be without it  ::)

Without any question marks for a start, obviously ... Kerry, mmmmmm, isn't that where the Famine Queen loved to holiday because it made her feel at home?

the Deel Rover

maybe rte should get a hold of dd12 avatar and ask her to present the sunday game or to patrol the sidelines like marty morrisey  just to generate a bit of interest in our wonderfull games
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

bloodybreakball

i wonder would a lot of yous ever wise up tohill didnt sensationalise it, jst called it as it was seen it, wicked, cowardly act, jst called paul out fr doin wrong

orangeman

For all you Celtic fans out there !

JimStynes

Just watched the programme there. Galvin seems to be a 'celeb wanna be' and completely in love with himself. Saying that I like him and think we need more people like him in the gaa. He gives us something to talk about anyway.

ross matt

Quote from: bloodybreakball on December 31, 2010, 04:34:13 PM
i wonder would a lot of yous ever wise up tohill didnt sensationalise it, jst called it as it was seen it, wicked, cowardly act, jst called paul out fr doin wrong
Ah come on now Bloodybreakball. That's far too boring and honest of a take on the matter.  :)!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: JimStynes on December 31, 2010, 09:31:59 PM
Just watched the programme there. Galvin seems to be a 'celeb wanna be' and completely in love with himself. Saying that I like him and think we need more people like him in the gaa. He gives us something to talk about anyway.
Good show I thought. He's a bit of a maverick and I kind of admire the way he doesn't conform with the usual GAA player stereotype.

rrhf

I had half a notion he would claim that he could be the first Kerry James Bond.  No doubt in time he could become as big a fashion icon within the GAA as say Hector.  To be honest I felt embarassed for him watching it - whoever is advising him is letting him look a complete cod. Good footballer but the star quality stops there.   

isourboydownyet

has anybody read the article in the irish news today?andy watters actualy thinks that galvin was being serious about going to have a drink with jay z!! wtf!!

thejuice

There's talk that he's going to join a Dublin club as he is moving up to the capital.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

5 Sams

Quote from: thejuice on January 22, 2011, 04:21:05 PM
There's talk that he's going to join a Dublin club as he is moving up to the capital.

All bollix...according to him apparently...

http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3600&page=7
The Aristocrat Years

Any craic