Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2010, 04:43:07 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 21, 2010, 04:26:25 PM
Not that it matters but Galvin has a girlfriend.

I heard she's a great looking girl too.

she has a big c**k.

GalwayBayBoy

Sure Elton John had a wife once. And now he's had a baby with a man. It's a crazy world out there.

red hander

ck

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2010, 07:12:57 PM
Quote from: ross matt on December 29, 2010, 07:07:53 PM
Quote from: ck on December 29, 2010, 02:06:13 PM
Galvin craves attention, simple as that.
When he then gets unwanted attention from people on the Sunday Game who simply point out what he has done (yet again) he plays the victim. He wants his cake and eats it!
You can't do an RTE documentary, go on the late late show, allow cameras follow him to NYC, plaster himself in tatoos and wear statement clothing and NOT crave the limelight... but then as soon as someone points out that he stuck his finger in an apponants mouth he huffs and puffs like a spoilt child. I personally believe that there is loads of room for flamboyant characters in our games but not those who have low discipline levels and expect us to ignore these and concentrate only on his latest pair of shiny shoes!

Having got involved in all of the pr waffle lately it isnt going to be any easier for Galvin in 2011. Clearly all of the recent pr stuff is geared towards a new media career.
Never a truer word spoken CK. But you're going to embarress Tony Baloney with that post!

Did you actually watch the documentary? He stated a few times how stupid he was for doing that. He then shunned any media requests for a response. How on earth is that huffing and puffing?

Yes I did watch it. Did you? Clearly the subtle inconsistancies were lost on you.
Yes he did say he was stupid but also he moaned about the Sunday Game analysing the incident. He indirectly took a swipe at Anthony Tohill (who spoke at length about the incident) by saying the Spillane and O'Rourke were the only ones worth listening to on the programme... but of course he didnt even watch it as he was far too cool for that and was watching MTV at the time. Just one of the many contradictory b-Sh*t statements he came out with on the show.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: red hander on December 30, 2010, 06:05:09 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 30, 2010, 03:43:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2010, 04:43:07 PM

I heard she's a great looking girl too.

she has a big c**k.

Aye... on her arm

Oh, that crude britboy humour. Where would we be without it  ::)

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ck on December 30, 2010, 06:30:46 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2010, 07:12:57 PM
Quote from: ross matt on December 29, 2010, 07:07:53 PM
Quote from: ck on December 29, 2010, 02:06:13 PM
Galvin craves attention, simple as that.
When he then gets unwanted attention from people on the Sunday Game who simply point out what he has done (yet again) he plays the victim. He wants his cake and eats it!
You can't do an RTE documentary, go on the late late show, allow cameras follow him to NYC, plaster himself in tatoos and wear statement clothing and NOT crave the limelight... but then as soon as someone points out that he stuck his finger in an apponants mouth he huffs and puffs like a spoilt child. I personally believe that there is loads of room for flamboyant characters in our games but not those who have low discipline levels and expect us to ignore these and concentrate only on his latest pair of shiny shoes!

Having got involved in all of the pr waffle lately it isnt going to be any easier for Galvin in 2011. Clearly all of the recent pr stuff is geared towards a new media career.
Never a truer word spoken CK. But you're going to embarress Tony Baloney with that post!

Did you actually watch the documentary? He stated a few times how stupid he was for doing that. He then shunned any media requests for a response. How on earth is that huffing and puffing?

Yes I did watch it. Did you? Clearly the subtle inconsistancies were lost on you.
Yes he did say he was stupid but also he moaned about the Sunday Game analysing the incident. He indirectly took a swipe at Anthony Tohill (who spoke at length about the incident) by saying the Spillane and O'Rourke were the only ones worth listening to on the programme... but of course he didnt even watch it as he was far too cool for that and was watching MTV at the time. Just one of the many contradictory b-Sh*t statements he came out with on the show.

You could admit to be wrong to doing what he did and still be correct to bemoan how Tohill over sensationalised what happened. I know there are certain things you don't do to an opponent - spitting, eye gouging etc are some. But a fish hook to me is hardly a big deal. A punch is much worse. Stupid thing to do but hardly that malicious. I had actually assumed it was an eye-gouge when I saw the fuss that was being made about it. Only later did I look at the video clip and see it was merely what it was.

His contradictions on Sunday Game were interesting though. He clearly did watch it. Or else read all the papers the following day.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ONeill

Clearly the subtle inconsistancies were lost on you.

If you think they were subtle you need to get out more. I said earlier he was riddled with inconsistencies. But to say he huffed and puffed suggests you never actually watched it really.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LilySavage

So much negativity on here about a documentary one of the games best exponents. Im just glad it was made, a great insight into a year in the life ofthe most famous Gaelic player out there. RTE usually dont touch GAA with a bargepole form September to May- would ye have been happeier to view a boring documentary on one of their beloved rugger buggers instead? The camera on Galvin at the Cork replay showed the class of the player, that was one of the greatest impact substitutions of all time.

DirtyDozen12

Watched it online last night and enjoyed the program.  Good TV if you ask me, better than other reality shite like X Factor, Im a celeb, Dancing with the stars etc.  Nice to see camera's follow around an amatuer gaelic footballer so see how they act.  HBO in America run a great program called 24/7 where before every major boxing fight, they follow the boxers around for around 8 weeks in the build up to the fight.  You get to see first hand their training, how they act and just how they go about their daily business.  The RTE program sort of reminded me of the HBO programs.  I think they could do well to do this more often in the run up to big games, follow teams around etc, give them more TV exposure and get more personal with the players.  Think it would be a great marketing idea for our games and would add hype to the biggest championship games which i think has been lost a bit this past number of years.

As someone said, would like to have seen more of the individual training he does on his own.  Few things though:

-I dont like skinny jeans on men, makes the ole feet look like Sideshow Bob there, would never wear them myself, bootcut all the way
-I dont know how he trains teams or runs about in jeans??  Skinny jeans too!! Just uncomfortable like?
-His beard always seems to be the same, never grows anymore or he never seems to shave it, how is he doing this??
-2010 must have been one hell of a frustrating year for him, more suspensions than half un's
-I like him because he said Tyrone where a great team  ;D
-I like him because he slates Cork at every opportunity  ;D
-He looks to have a pretty nice house there down there in Kerry
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

LilySavage

Who cares about what he wears or how often he shaves. Its 2010, get over it.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: LilySavage on December 31, 2010, 11:18:15 AM

Get your head out of yer hole you parasite, where did I say I actually care about what he wears or if he ever shaves??  And yes, im well aware of the year. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

BennyHarp

Plainly Galvin thinks people care about what he wears as he spent the first half of the show talking about his fashion. The documentary, in my opinion, was concieved with the view of how a GAA player prepares for the latter stages of an all Ireland championship! This however went to pot when Kerry got knocked out so they had to pad the rest out with b*llocks about what he wears and that completely pointless section of him in New York! I hope they do this type of thing again, perhaps following someone else such as Bernard Brogan or Gooch. I'd be more interested in the football side of things than listening to someone give off about his treatment in the media, which in the big scheme of things isn't that bad! Hardly a big deal that he is accused of going to Lilys!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 31, 2010, 12:51:18 PM

Plainly Galvin thinks people care about what he wears as he spent the first half of the show talking about his fashion. The documentary, in my opinion, was concieved with the view of how a GAA player prepares for the latter stages of an all Ireland championship! This however went to pot when Kerry got knocked out so they had to pad the rest out with b*llocks about what he wears and that completely pointless section of him in New York! I hope they do this type of thing again, perhaps following someone else such as Bernard Brogan or Gooch. I'd be more interested in the football side of things than listening to someone give off about his treatment in the media, which in the big scheme of things isn't that bad! Hardly a big deal that he is accused of going to Lilys!

They'd need to be picky about their subject matter though. It could be incredibly dull if the player was a dour hoor.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Maybe they should follow Larry Reilly for a year? Though they'd struggle to keep up.
That was never a square ball!!