Home Heating

Started by nrico2006, December 03, 2010, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

The plan is to get a drum, but that will hardly last long. Me and the owner prepared to get some, but no point forking out big when other lad can't afford it! This is the problem when you live with people of a student mentality.

nrico2006

Quote from: tintin25 on December 03, 2012, 04:24:21 PM
The plan is to get a drum, but that will hardly last long. Me and the owner prepared to get some, but no point forking out big when other lad can't afford it! This is the problem when you live with people of a student mentality.

Keep your drum, you will be able to fill it from the pump from now on for around £13 instead of the £20 odd the shops sell them for.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heganboy

has anyone used the nest for home heating (nest.com)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

illdecide

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 28, 2012, 09:55:22 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2012, 10:20:42 PM
illdecide will save the day. He's only up the road too.

He serviced my bolier the other week and did a qware job.

Cheers nrico...

No job too big no job too small...

O'Neill i never missed a day at the tech in my life ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on December 04, 2012, 04:31:06 PM

Cheers nrico...

I hope there is a serious gaaboard discount.

illdecide

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2012, 04:33:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 04, 2012, 04:31:06 PM

Cheers nrico...

I hope there is a serious gaaboard discount.

£40 for a full service which will last at least 1 hour (keep that quiet thats for Board members only) Providing you don't live in Strabane or somewhere too far to travel

Abble

so because someone admits to not being able to afford something they have a student mentality...have you looked around you lately, we're in a bit of a recession

tintin25

Quote from: Abble on December 05, 2012, 12:29:13 PM

so because someone admits to not being able to afford something they have a student mentality...have you looked around you lately, we're in a bit of a recession

Yes, I have looked around me and I feel the effects of it like everyone else. Doesn't mean I can't put a little bit away every month and prepare for things such as this. All I'm saying is that there are some people who move into rentals who don't prepare for the other bills that go along with it.  Just don't think it's fair on other housemates.

Abble

Quote from: tintin25 on December 05, 2012, 12:48:55 PM
Quote from: Abble on December 05, 2012, 12:29:13 PM

Yes, I have looked around me and I feel the effects of it like everyone else. Doesn't mean I can't put a little bit away every month and prepare for things such as this. All I'm saying is that there are some people who move into rentals who don't prepare for the other bills that go along with it.  Just don't think it's fair on other housemates.

did his rental contract stipulate that he must contribute to the home heating oil bill ? if so then yeah i'd agree with you.

oil drums though are just another ripoff i'd imagine as they're not gonna last a tap, they say the less you buy the more you pay per litre or whatever

illdecide

Getting the single drums is more expensive but unfortunately a good majority of people cannot afford to fill up with the oil man (tanker). Not only is it more expensive and more hassle to do this (drums) but you will pick up more dirt and possibly water as it's topped up with drums every other day and you wouldn't believe the amount of people who forget to put the lid back on...the fuel pump is the victim in all this and will cost about £100 to replace.

BenDover

I recently had to change the oil time to a Grasslin MIL72A but since I've had the new timer fitted, we've been getting no hot water from the oil burning. I've checked the pipes running to the tank and there is one pipe that feels hot to touch but the rest of the pipes have no warm water running through them. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

illdecide

Quote from: BenDover on February 06, 2013, 08:49:26 AM
I recently had to change the oil time to a Grasslin MIL72A but since I've had the new timer fitted, we've been getting no hot water from the oil burning. I've checked the pipes running to the tank and there is one pipe that feels hot to touch but the rest of the pipes have no warm water running through them. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

The motorised valve for the hot water sounds like its fecked...prob just a coincidence from new timer clock (although check the hot water settings on new timer)

BenDover

Quote from: illdecide on February 06, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: BenDover on February 06, 2013, 08:49:26 AM

The motorised valve for the hot water sounds like its fecked...prob just a coincidence from new timer clock (although check the hot water settings on new timer)
How much is that to replace approx? This timer has 3 settings afaik Off, On Timer, On Constantly.

illdecide

Well it's probably on the head of the valve needs replaced (about £40 - £70 depending on where you buy it) and then usually £20-£30 to fit it. (i normally charge £70 all in supply and fit)

magpie seanie

On filling the tank with drums etc - I was charged more per litre (101c/litre) by the delivery guy before Christmas than I pay when I go to the pump (96.9c/litre). Sure its a pain in the ass this time of year filling the drums etc but it is actually cheaper in the place I go to in Sligo. Some other places that sell Kero at the pump can be much more expensive, approx 105c/litre in other spots.

Would have though it should have been cheaper from the delivery guy.