Christmas presents

Started by winsamsoon, November 22, 2010, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Present for each of the folks, secret santa between siblings and then presents for the kiddies. That's it.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Learnt my lesson last year regarding Christmas presents. When the children were 1 and 2 they'd have received fairly basic stuff. Last year (aged 3 yrs 7 mths) I was a bit too lavish with gifts on them and the impact of getting stuff was diluted. Back to basics this year and maybe 5 things (bike, magic set etc)

Usually get the wife comedy tickets or something women use when getting ready like a hair thing. She'll get me 5-a-side stuff or socks with days on them. The ma gets a box of biscuits, the da a bottle of the clear stuff but sure that's a 4-5 times a year occurrence. Have over 40 nephews and nieces so feck that. 5 godchildren might get a tenner. Usually send Ziggy 15 stout but he never acknowledges them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2010, 11:48:38 PM
Learnt my lesson last year regarding Christmas presents. When the children were 1 and 2 they'd have received fairly basic stuff. Last year (aged 3 yrs 7 mths) I was a bit too lavish with gifts on them and the impact of getting stuff was diluted. Back to basics this year and maybe 5 things (bike, magic set etc)

Usually get the wife comedy tickets or something women use when getting ready like a hair thing. She'll get me 5-a-side stuff or socks with days on them. The ma gets a box of biscuits, the da a bottle of the clear stuff but sure that's a 4-5 times a year occurrence. Have over 40 nephews and nieces so feck that. 5 godchildren might get a tenner......

Interesting stuff there ONeill.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

Have only one nephew, also my godson, was giving him a ton for birth, christening and planning on the same for christmas until someone pointed out what if I have more newphews/nieces/godchildren??

Good point. Spening about forty on him just now and then I think I will start an account for him and put a score in it on every occasion for him until he is 18 or something, otherwise I am just handing money for his ma and da and f**k them if they are getting it.

Got the woman one of those digital photo frames that can rotate pictures, she loves pictures. As long as there are none of me in it. Then dopey stuff like perfume, she tells me which so I can't go wrong, DVDs, a cookbook (hint hint), fluffy toy things and that will do her. Was gonna get her an ipod but caught myself on. I'm not made of money.

Don't buy any of my siblings presents. Maybe get my ma an da something if I am feeling generous.

Niall Quinn

How does Darth Vader know what he's getting for Christmas?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

crossdoesitbest

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy lego is? Preferably online!!

DirtyDozen12

Any cheap PS3's on the go out there?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

David McKeown

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 23, 2010, 09:20:02 AM
Any cheap PS3's on the go out there?

Check Amazon regularly all week they seem to be making a big deal of their black friday week deals and rumours suggest they may have very limited numbers of consoles for cheap.

They'll be 18 at ours for Christmas this year between my immediate family nieces and nephew and an aunt and uncle.  As a result we've done a secret santa so youve to buy for no more than one adult and one child.  Not sure if I like the idea tbh but at least it saves a good bit.  Suspiciously though my ma organised the 'draw' and unsurprisingly the blue eyed boy has drawn her
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

I give my nieces and nephews £20 each in cash (11 of the we feckers) i get my mother vouchers and she buys her own stuff, sisters don't get anything and have no brothers...thats that sorted in 20 mins of shopping.

Ohh and for the first time ever i got my kids their presents a month ago instead of running around like a blue bottle a few days b4 Christmas looking for presents for them
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on December 03, 2010, 10:51:10 PM
Ma and da sorted. Woman half sorted.

Nieces 5 and 1 - haven't a notion. Any ideas?

The 5 year old will be into something, Disney princesses, Peppa Pig etc. Ask their Ma and you will be sorted.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rois

My niece loves dressing up - maybe a Dianey princess outfit or something? Think you can get them in Tesco and Matalan.

One year old won't have a clue so a pretend mobile phone should do the trick.

Puckoon

Junior is turning three this weekend and is getting wiggles and thomas the tank engine stuff for the birthday and christmas.

Jesus those wiggles have made some money off a classroom project!

Celt_Man

For the first time ever, I've got to buy a xmas for a/the woman.... and I haven't a flipping clue what to get her! :-[ :-[

Anyone (especially the females among us) have any ideas?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010