Christmas presents

Started by winsamsoon, November 22, 2010, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

I have all written down that im to buy but i generally dont get off me arse to sort it til near the time.
Me daddy will be getting a new phone and a couple of books. Me mother will be getting voucher for next and a watch, maybe few face creams. Me younger brother amazon voucher, older brother in america  hmm havnt a clue. His kids hmm havnt a clue about that either. Older sister and her hubby will get meal voucher somewhere and her 4 kids will get football jersey each and xbox game between them. As for himself well the list is too damm long  :o :o.
Im ridiculous when it comes to xmas buy far too much but feck it i love it  ;D and cliched an all as it sounds i couldnt care less what i get back i loveee giving presents far more than getting them

Bogball XV

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 22, 2010, 09:56:59 PM
I have all written down that im to buy but i generally dont get off me arse to sort it til near the time.
Me daddy will be getting a new phone and a couple of books. Me mother will be getting voucher for next and a watch, maybe few face creams. Me younger brother amazon voucher, older brother in america  hmm havnt a clue. His kids hmm havnt a clue about that either. Older sister and her hubby will get meal voucher somewhere and her 4 kids will get football jersey each and xbox game between them. As for himself well the list is too damm long  :o :o.
Im ridiculous when it comes to xmas buy far too much but feck it i love it  ;D and cliched an all as it sounds i couldnt care less what i get back i loveee giving presents far more than getting them
Seriously, that's just overspend, the jersey each was enough or maybe the x-box, but definitely not both.

Puckoon

Definitely seems like a lot of money alright - I can see how the red deisel is appealing.

tyrone girl

Its only one game between them all tho together with a jersey really isnt that much to be fair

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 22, 2010, 10:25:18 PM
Its only one game between them all tho together with a jersey really isnt that much to be fair
It really is!

I'd only spend 15-20 quid (at the most) each on my niece and nephews and I think it's plenty!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyrone girl

But a jerseys usually 25 or 30 quid for 3 of them and then 35 for the other then games usually round 30 so 120 or so for the lot so its really only 35 quid or so each which isnt a big massive deal

paco

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 22, 2010, 10:44:49 PM
But a jerseys usually 25 or 30 quid for 3 of them and then 35 for the other then games usually round 30 so 120 or so for the lot so its really only 35 quid or so each which isnt a big massive deal

But then if they have more children, you'll be expected to buy the same for them...it's a vicious cycle. Buying for nieces/nephews is too much IMO, outside the immediate family I would only buy for my god son and my god parents.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: paco on November 22, 2010, 10:48:51 PM

But then if they have more children, you'll be expected to buy the same for them...it's a vicious cycle. Buying for nieces/nephews is too much IMO, outside the immediate family I would only buy for my god son and my god parents.
You wouldn't consider your nieces and nephews your immediate family?  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Getting the feeling some folk don't enjoy Christmas lol I hate the shopping bit and end up getting most of it on the net. A few good ideas there folks keep them coming
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

tyrone girl

My sister wont be having any more kids. There are them 4 and 2 kids in america. They are my immediate family, they are like my wee brothers and i love spoiling them. Whats so wrong with wanting to treat them??

paco

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2010, 10:50:24 PM
Quote from: paco on November 22, 2010, 10:48:51 PM

You wouldn't consider your nieces and nephews your immediate family?  ???

I've obviously got the terminology wrong! By "immediate family" I meant mother, father, brothers and sisters. Nothing wrong with wanting to treat them TG, fair play! I just like to keep the gift list short and adopt a mentality of "I'll buy whoever buys me".

lurganblue

You only think it's bad winsam. The in-law side of the family have a tradition of not buying everyone and just doing a secret Santa between us. Now that's grand and is a good money saver but I have drawn the short straw and have to get a present for the mother in law. Great

Thinking of getting the pacific box set for my da, some fancy Boots pampering stuff for my ma and something stupid for my brother

Bogball XV

i actually thought it was an x-box!!

But I think £15-20 per niece or nephew is more than enough.  As for buying for nieces or nephews, in my family we buy for the nieces and nephews, but not their parents - as HS and TG said, Christmas is for the kids.

ONeill

Only the children. Don't buy presents for others.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

demusicman

As a family  present we are going to the best pantomime in town.
We have decided to go before Christmas as there are doubts as if it will be showing in the new year.
http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/visitsevents//