FG
LAB
SF
Others
Greens
Not going to Vote

AZOffaly

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 25, 2011, 12:47:09 PM
QuoteI wouldn't be surprised if Cowen doesn't run. Is the Bull running down in Kerry South?

The Bull is coming back for more, some neck on him, and he will probably get in too taking the 3rd seat behind Michael Healy-Rae and Tom Sheahan!! Cant see anyone else making much a go of it.

Would PJ Donovan not have a chance down there? Could carry a good Cahirciveen vote. Is he running for FG?

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2011, 12:34:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Cowen doesn't run. Is the Bull running down in Kerry South?
Bertie Ahern made an interesting comment yesterday in relation to his own decision not to run:

"...the historical decision in Fianna Fail has been if you are no longer the leader or the taoiseach you don't run"

Might have been one of the reasons Cowen fought so hard to retain the leadership until after the election - he would have got 4 or 5 more years as a TD.

Ulick

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 25, 2011, 12:47:09 PM
QuoteI wouldn't be surprised if Cowen doesn't run. Is the Bull running down in Kerry South?

The Bull is coming back for more, some neck on him, and he will probably get in too taking the 3rd seat behind Michael Healy-Rae and Tom Sheahan!! Cant see anyone else making much a go of it.

Ferris the younger?

AZOffaly

She's north Kerry ulick. I don't think the South Kerry ones would take too kindly to a North Kerry one being sent down on top of them. North of Killarney is a different county in many ways.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWould PJ Donovan not have a chance down there? Could carry a good Cahirciveen vote. Is he running for FG?

cant see him splitting Sheahans vote and there wont be 2 FG seats I'd say . As for Ferris I dont think she has declared yet , Mick Gleeson in Killarney may attract a good vote
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Ulick

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2011, 12:56:33 PM
She's north Kerry ulick. I don't think the South Kerry ones would take too kindly to a North Kerry one being sent down on top of them. North of Killarney is a different county in many ways.

She did well in the yoyos. Never a better time to capitalize on that than now.

mylestheslasher

Gerry Adams needs to stay away from the TV shows or he'll make a balls of this election for SF like he did in the last one. He doesn't have a grasp at all of the economics and the media will go to town on him if he keeps this up.

muppet

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 25, 2011, 12:32:54 PM
non Runners this time around from 2007, It like a bad day for fallers at Beechers Bankers Brook

MWWSI 2017

Declan

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ulick on January 25, 2011, 01:15:37 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2011, 12:56:33 PM

She did well in the yoyos. Never a better time to capitalize on that than now.

Do we know how she did in the South Kerry boxes? I'd expect her to do well around North Kerry.

Ulick

Ulick

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2011, 02:08:15 PM
Do we know how she did in the South Kerry boxes? I'd expect her to do well around North Kerry.

Don't think there were any official tallies kept at the time but she came in at 13% first preferences and attracted transfers all over the show. A 13-14% base would be a good platform to have a serious crack at it. Healy-Rae got in on 15-16% first preferences last time.

seafoid

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2011, 01:16:57 PM
Gerry Adams needs to stay away from the TV shows or he'll make a balls of this election for SF like he did in the last one. He doesn't have a grasp at all of the economics and the media will go to town on him if he keeps this up.
Name one TD that has a grasp of the economics.
The bailout is a joke. The IMF say so.

Colm "Snip" McCarthy on irisheconomy.ie

Attached are the four conclusions of the IMF's Financial Stability Update just released, in so far as they concern the Eurozone, with my comments:

'In the European Union, the steps listed below are needed to reduce uncertainty and help restore confidence in markets.

Further rigorous and credible bank stress testing is required along with time-bound follow-up plans for recapitalization and restructuring of viable, undercapitalized institutions and closure of nonviable ones.'
Comment: The IMF is suggesting new stress tests and 'follow-up' recapitalisation and re-structuring of banks. In that order, not in the reverse order.

'The effective size of the European Financial Stability Facility should be increased and it should have a more flexible mandate. For countries where the banking system represents a large proportion of the economy, it is now even more essential to ensure access to sufficient funds, going beyond national backstops whenever necessary.'
Comment: Means the EFSF is inadequate in size and function, particularly for countries with large banking systems, such as Ireland.

'Euro area-wide resolution mechanisms need to be deployed and strengthened as needed. The introduction of a pan-European bank resolution framework with an EU-wide fiscal backstop would help decouple sovereign and banking risks.'
Comment: Means the IMF wants to share bank losses with bank creditors and re-capitalise banks with EU-wide, and not just national, fiscal support.

'The European Central Bank will need to continue to supply liquidity to banks that need it and keep its Securities Markets Program active, while also recognizing that this is a temporary set of measures and will not solve the underlying problems.'

Comment: Means that ECB has been overly restrictive on both counts.

Farrandeelin

Looks like Dara Calleary will be the only FF candidate in Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on January 25, 2011, 12:08:39 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on January 25, 2011, 11:58:31 AM
As for Sinn Fein, I feel sorry for Pearse Doherty, he is the only one able to bat for them, poor old Gerry was caught out badly this morning on Morning Ireland.

Adams is going to take a while to adjust and get to grips with the detail of the southern policy lines. I'd say he mainstream media appearances will be restricted to boosting his profile in Louth until he gets his head around things.
How long is it likely to take him? Should he not have been practicing since his 2007 performance? It's not as if the economic crisis started last week.
Is it possible that he's just not up to the job?