Things you love about Ireland

Started by seafoid, November 17, 2010, 03:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2010, 06:25:42 PM
The fact that our sitting Monarch will see her grandson married next year.

Whose sitting Monarch? Not mine.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on November 17, 2010, 06:22:41 PM
The Rain! I was in the middle east for the last five days doing a few Job interviews it was a joy to come back to fresh rain.

You would love somewhere like Seattle or Bergen Norway then.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on November 17, 2010, 06:48:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on November 17, 2010, 06:22:41 PM
The Rain! I was in the middle east for the last five days doing a few Job interviews it was a joy to come back to fresh rain.

You would love somewhere like Seattle or Bergen Norway then.

Loads of jobs in Ushuaia. Permanent positions too.
MWWSI 2017

Banana Man

underage discos when you are young and a blind eye is turned to drink  :D

ballinaman

The banter. We're a different breed all together.

seafoid

glens abu

Donkeywalloper

A 70 year old on a Honda 50 with an ill fitting helmet and a bag of spuds on the back, doing 25mph and holding up half a mile of traffic

The farmers tan. first glimpse of sun and all you can see is flouresent white torso's and half a red arm.

The joy of watching a muck savage in action as they stalk their prey, like a cheetah waiting on the  edge of the plains of the serengeti.

Some nosey hewer in a strange pub who will quite bluntly say, Who are you ? and where you from?    Never seen it happening anywhere else.

5 Sams

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on November 18, 2010, 10:06:02 AM
A 70 year old on a Honda 50 with an ill fitting helmet and a bag of spuds on the back, doing 25mph and holding up half a mile of traffic

The farmers tan. first glimpse of sun and all you can see is flouresent white torso's and half a red arm.The joy of watching a muck savage in action as they stalk their prey, like a cheetah waiting on the  edge of the plains of the serengeti.

Some nosey hewer in a strange pub who will quite bluntly say, Who are you ? and where you from?    Never seen it happening anywhere else.

15 secs in.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20K_Vn0OrNI
The Aristocrat Years

Sandino

"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

glens abu

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 18, 2010, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 18, 2010, 09:39:18 AM
A good wake and funeral

Things you love?

We all have to die,nothing like meeting up with old friends and relations for a bit of nostalgia and craic and usually happens at a funeral. 

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

ONeill

Our two-facedness. We're experts at saying a lad is a great fella within earshot and sticking a hatchet in him and his family as he leaves the room.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 18, 2010, 09:18:09 PM
Our two-facedness. We're experts at saying a lad is a great fella within earshot and sticking a hatchet in him and his family as he leaves the room.

I'll do a deal.

If you travel to meet some of our Ministers...............I'll pay for the hatchets.
MWWSI 2017