Started by seafoid, November 17, 2010, 03:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Work on your squats before you go AZ and bring some baby wipes  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 22, 2010, 04:42:15 PM

Was thinking that alright. How much are XXL nappies anyway?

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2010, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 22, 2010, 12:01:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2010, 11:57:39 AM
The history that the landscape is drenched with. Especially the slua sí.
That's not history; it's superstition.

It's both, Hardy. I used to have a driver in India. He used to say that when you go to a sacred place you go in the footsteps of everyone who went before you and it gives you power. What is the Haram ash sharif/Temple site in Jerusalem only the site of an earlier pagan pilgrimage spot? Same goes for the Ayodhya site in India. Tremendously important because it has always been sacred and since well before the Hindus came onto it.   

Seafoid - I was referring to the bit in bold. Are you telling me you believe in fairies?

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2010, 04:29:57 PM

It's both, Hardy. I used to have a driver in India. He used to say that when you go to a sacred place you go in the footsteps of everyone who went before you and it gives you power. What is the Haram ash sharif/Temple site in Jerusalem only the site of an earlier pagan pilgrimage spot? Same goes for the Ayodhya site in India. Tremendously important because it has always been sacred and since well before the Hindus came onto it.   

Tuam Stadium?

Tuam Stadium is like Kosovo . Except for the stands. 

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on November 22, 2010, 04:46:18 PM

Seafoid - I was referring to the bit in bold. Are you telling me you believe in fairies?

No. I was thinking today about this poem considering the trouble the country is in :
http://chrsouchon.free.fr/rosccath.htm

I like the idea of the 4 waves protecting Ireland . Like someone is in charge. doesn't the country need that sort of reassurance at the moment ?   WTF is the church in all this ?

Paganism in Ireland was much closer to nature too.
Hinduism is  all about fairies. It's as valid as any other belief system but personally I don't buy it.

I met 4 Christian Zionists at a stand in Lausanne on Saturday. It was a red rag to a bull. they told me that Jesus is coming and we must support Netanyahu and the settlers. They told me god won wars for Israel but had no answer to the question why Jesus would fire white phosphorous on Gaza. 

It is all ráiméis really.

What i like about the slua sí is the link to the land. You don't get that in England. Poor muintir shasana.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2010, 05:06:56 PM

No. I was thinking today about this poem considering the trouble the country is in :

I like the idea of the 4 waves protecting Ireland . Like someone is in charge. doesn't the country need that sort of reassurance at the moment ?   WTF is the church in all this ?

Hinduism is  all about fairies. It's as valid as any other belief system but personally I don't buy it.

I met 4 Christian Zionists at a stand in Lausanne on Saturday. It was a red rag to a bull. they told me that Jesus is coming and we must support Netanyahu and the settlers. They told me god won wars for Israel but had no answer to the question why Jesus would fire white phosphorous on Gaza. 

What i like about the slua sí is the link to the land. You don't get that in England. Poor muintir shasana.

I think he is here already:

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2010, 05:06:56 PM

Fair enough.

That was a good question for the lads about the white phosphorous.

As regards the church, things are bad enough without them getting involved. They don't dare open their mouths about anything now that their role in ruining the lives of generations has been usurped by politicians, bankers, gombeen men and other varieties of umnmasked robbers. And the Pope is reduced to raving about male prostitutes and condoms. If it wasn't for the two Brians, that would have qualified as bizarre statement of the month.

Still Éamon Ó Cuiv was advising us yesterday to pray for the economy. I suppose that's the most honest assessment that FF has yet come up with.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2010, 04:42:56 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 22, 2010, 04:42:15 PM

Was thinking that alright. How much are XXL nappies anyway?
AZ- i sent you a msg