Accountant's brought to bookover raunchy e-mails

Started by Banana Man, November 10, 2010, 11:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

ONE of Ireland's largest accountancy firms last night launched an internal investigation after male staff were found circulating emails where they rated the looks of their female colleagues.

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) started the probe after pictures of young women, who had just recently joined the firm, were sent around and nominated for a "Top 10".

The emails were circulated between a group of up to 17 male staff members within PWC before being forwarded to other businesses as the emails went "viral", spreading across the internet.

The 13 women, whose pictures were accompanied by their names and departments, all recently joined the accountancy firm as trainee accountants or "associates" and are expected to train with the company for the next three years.

The offending emails were traced and are being examined by senior management at PWC, sources confirmed.

The initial email sent around by the group of men had a subject line of "this would be my shortlist for the top 10".

A subsequent comment in the forwarded email says: "Great work... have reservations about the last one getting in."

In one message, a highly derogatory female description is used about the "new" intake.

Signature

One of the men who forwarded on the pictures asked for his email signature be removed if it was forwarded again.

Last night, the accountancy firm -- which employs 2,000 people in Ireland -- launched an investigation into the matter after they were informed of the emails by the Irish Independent.

The emails have been forwarded to finance companies, accountants, law firms, technology firms, state bodies and construction firms around Ireland since they were first written at the end of October.

"We are taking this matter extremely seriously and are launching a full investigation. We will take all necessary steps and actions in line with our firm's polices and procedures," PWC's human resources partner Carmel O'Connor said last night.

A number of the women whose pictures were circulated have recently graduated from prominent universities.

Graduate trainees at the firm typically stay for between three and three-and-a-half years where they work as accountants.

Ms O'Connor said the men who had been involved in the circulation of the emails had not yet been contacted about the matter.

She declined to comment on what the ultimate sanction would be as a result of the investigation.

UK-based PWC is the second largest accountancy firm in the world and one of the so-called "Big Four" which provide services to most large companies.

The company previously acted as auditor for Anglo Irish Bank and a team from the company was sent to Allied Irish Banks recently by the National Treasury Management Agency.

PWC is no stranger to controversy overseas. The company paid millions to former partner Christina Rich in Australia two years ago following a long-running dispute over claims she had been exposed to sexual harassment and sex discrimination.

The company's website lists a code of conduct for the firm which includes "behaving professionally" and "respecting others".

ballygawleyman

MR99

Quote from: ballygawleyman on November 10, 2010, 12:04:14 PM
:D

Can we get a thread like this?

If anyone can get a link to this email can you'se post it?  I know a right good looking bird just started and I want to know if she is on it.

illdecide

A bookies in Lurgan done that with their female staff. There was 10 female staff there and you had to rate them from 1 - 10. 1 being "get them off" and 10 "the tide wouldn't take you out love"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

A good few of them in our place at the minute doing the year end audit. As always they've sent a good few dolly birds.

haranguerer

f**king nioghtmare for the lads though - pc'nesss will almost gaurantee they lose their jobs

Puckoon

Quote from: haranguerer on November 10, 2010, 05:42:29 PM
f**king nioghtmare for the lads though - pc'nesss will almost gaurantee they lose their jobs

Aye but come on - that is what your private email is for!

Stupid mistake in this economic climate by "the lads".

DrinkingHarp

I find it disgusting that this takes place in the work place today, no respect for coworkers.

Now if you could post their pics in order to make sure they have it right.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Square Ball

do we have a female poster who works for them?

Oh and I have see it on the interweb but the faces have been obscured a bit
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Geoff Tipps

I got the email today. The "New Clunge..." comment by one of the lads involved will probably land him in trouble.

MR99

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 10, 2010, 05:59:02 PM
I got the email today. The "New Clunge..." comment by one of the lads involved will probably land him in trouble.

Any chance of u PM'ing it to me?  I would be grateful

The Worker

Would love a look at this. Any northern dirty birdies in the top 10?

Peter Solan the Great

They published the pictures of the girls in the evening herald i believe.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 10, 2010, 06:34:01 PM
They should be sacked for stupidity alone.

It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of people who forward emails with their full name, title, company name and address on it. Often the mails are jokes about travellers or other minority groups. I bin them all.