Ardmhachaabu RIP

Started by Mack the finger, November 06, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2010, 05:55:13 PM
Called today at Stephens mothers house and to say it was emotional is an understatement, was pure sadness and shock at his death.

True to his character he is was in his Armagh shirt, spoke to his heart broken sister and explained that i worked with him and told her about his Gaa Board friends and how they felt after hearing the tragic news.

Funeral is at 11 from Dunmurray tomorrow

Rest in peace Stephen

Maith thú MR

turk

Quote from: Mack the finger on November 07, 2010, 08:19:57 PM
I was with his family today and its just incredibly difficult to take in. As others have already said,
he leaves behind two young boys and a wife and a family who loved Stephen very, very much.
Its hard for me to say too much at the moment but its heartening to see so many messages
of support from the posters here and how highly many of you thought of him.
At some point, down the line, I'll show this thread to his family to let them see the messages of condolonce and support from Stephens Gaaboard friends.

Maith thú Mack

Abble

Still in a bit of shock about this all day. a bit of an eery feeling about the whole thing as everyone here is interacting in some way, this is my ever experience of this kind of grief and it is every bit as bad.

RIP Stephen and my thoughts are with your whole family circle.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Shocking news, RIP Stephen.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Orangemac

Very sad news.Condolences to his family.

We all gripe about sport and things in general but something like this brings home what is really important.

angermanagement

Very sad news RIP, thoughts are with his family and friends.

orangeman

Given the overwhelming reaction to the untimely passing of Ardmhachaabu and having guaged the reaction of posters, it has been decided to send a mass card on behalf of posters on the GAA board to express our sympathy to Ardmahachabu's wife and family at this very difficult time.

Should you wish to send a personal message and to maintain confidentiality, please PM me so that this can be arranged.

At the end of the week, the thread will be edited and printed by Ziggy and given to the family as a mark of respect and as a sign of the huge contribution he made to the board and to show the respect that he had from fellow posters on the board. Hopefully the family will show how valued a poster Ardmhacaabu was on the board and the impact that his very untimely death has had on us all.

mylestheslasher

Excellent idea lads, If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

WaterBoy

Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Baile an tuaigh

Orangeman that is very classy idea will go down well with the family. You have to feel for the wife and kids. Everyone that walks through the family door they will expect it to be their husband, daddy. Very tough on the children, at that age your parents are your whole world. It will be a somber Christmas. Mary Queen of the Gael pray for Stephen.

wavesofTORRES

I am stunned by this news. As I look my my own babies sleep tonite my heart breaks for his poor family. RIP man we will all miss you. This is an example of why the GAA is the greatest sporting organisation in the world and I like all of us are proud to be part of it . God bless all. Why am I close to tears for someone I never met?

Goldengreen

Shocking news, my he rest in peace

Tyrones own

Mass being said for himself and his family here on Tuesday morning
Desperate sad altogether..RIP ardmhachaabu
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

umgolaarmagh

So Sad to hear of Stephen's passing away, RIP

saffron sam2

Shocking news and absolutely tragic for his wife and young children.

Nothing else I can add that hasn't been said already, but anyone who has seen his facebook can only admire how devoted he was to his family.

May he rest in peace.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet