Ardmhachaabu RIP

Started by Mack the finger, November 06, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Holy crap, after what has happened to me last week, this has brought me back to Earth with a bump!
my thoughts and prayers are with his family as this sad time!
RIP

haranguerer

RIP

A lot of the posts make reference to not 'actually' knowing him. I think that is inaccurate. In todays age, face to face interaction is less common that communication via the net, and so everyone who had interaction with Ardmhachaabu on here knew him imo. I know that I would feel a strong affinity with posters on here, esp those (all) I argue with, and I dont feel that I dont 'properly' know them, just that I know them in a different way, in a similar way to everyone having work colleagues and their usual mates for e.g

May god rest his soul.

Fluffy Che

Very sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to his young family. RIP.
Midnight to Six..

Redhand Santa

FL/MAYO

Awful news, I would like to think that his children will have some great memories of their dad especially his two year old, he seemed to be very involved in their upbringing that kind of unconditional love cannot forgotten. RIP Stephen.

Rois

This has made me feel very sad. Go mbeadh solas agua suaimhneas De aige.

Uplifting to see the typical Irish community reaction throughout the thread. I love being Irish.

Oraisteach

Very sad news to wake up to.

Nally Stand

I've been off the board for last last day or two and have only seen this now. Sickening news alright. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who seen the thread title at first and thought it was ardmhacha announcing his retirement from the board or something! Then I seen the thread was started by someone else and it was clear something wasn't right.

Like many others on here I never knew the man personally and as many more of you would know, himself and myself crossed swords on repeated occasions and it was no secret that we didn't see eye to eye in general; however even when we'd both have lost the temper with other, he'd have been the first man to come back and state an agreement with you on a separate thread about something else. He wore his heart on his sleeve and as someone who tends to do likewise, I genuinely respected him for that.

You left quite an impression ardmhachaabu.

God Rest.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'm very taken aback by this news. So sad, so sudden and so tragic. Mortality is something most of us rarely contemplate yet it seems so unfair that life is grasped from someone so young so suddenly.

I wouldn't have engaged ardmhachaabu too often and had a fairly terse argument with him a couple of weeks ago. Such petty disputes seem so utterly irrelevant now.

May he Rest in Peace.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

caughtredhanded

This news has saddened me greatly, my thoughts and prayers are with Ardmhachaabu's family. May God grant him eternal peace.

boojangles

RIP Ardmhacaabu. Thoughts are with his family.

trileacman

Me and Ardmhacaabu often stood side by side in the ould Stoop-Shinner debate. A poster I respected and behind the pseudonym a man I considered would be moral, courageous and loved. In the time since his passing my assertions have been proved to be true.

His death is a tragedy and to think such an good man, of moral beliefs and outstanding character, could be taken from his family at such a young age has shocked and saddened me.

Rest in peace Ardmachaabu.

From your erstwhile ally,
trileacman.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

magpie seanie

Terrible sad news altogether. Didn't know the guy at all and that seems to have been my loss. My thoughts are with his wife and kids. RIP.

Midman

Like so many here when i saw this thread I thought he was retiring from the board. The reality was much harder to take. An Armagh man through and through. My thoughts go to his wife and young family. May he rest in peace.

Declan

Must admit I did see the title of the thread yesterday and assumed it was a joke. Only reading it know and deepest symapthies to his wife and family and all who knew him. Very sad news. RIP.