Margaret Thatcher....

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, October 21, 2010, 10:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Main Street on January 01, 2012, 01:28:08 PM
As soon as she exited from Downing Street, she became a shriveled irrelevance.
When she was in power she represented the government. Should she have died in the Brighton bomb, I might well have raised a glass or two in celebration, but now she doesn't matter.
Does it matter that much which party was in government in the UK parliament, or what individual was in which position, over any period of the troubles?
The once powerful British empire has been reduced to an England and a few others doubtfully hanging onto their coat tails. The government of the empire these days is reduced to fighting for the interests of foreign capital and saving the skin of their free market capitalism by imposing the burden of their losses onto the serfs.

Given that it's New Year's Day, I'm amazed that anyone is in a fit state to come up with analysis such as this !!

ardal

Thatcher was my first introduction to politics; remember "Maggie Thatcher Milk Snatcher".

With regards to celebrating her death, I shall be doing it unashamedly.

The only really horrible / bad / sad memories I have of my childhood are:

Being scared shiteless of all hell breaking loose (I'm from the 6 counties), civil war / genocide; I was 9yrs old
Driving to Dublin airport to emmigrate (we didn't board the plane thank God), and thinking no more gaa and bursting into tears
Watching a man being publicly beaten to death (Arthur Scargill)
Not knowing how one person could allow 10 others to die when they (the one person) had the power to stop it
Not knowing why one person could allow 100's more to die; see above, in a small irrelavant place like the north.
A female Ian Paisley

Like Elvis Costello, I shall trample the dirt down

Windmill abu

QuoteLike Elvis Costello, I shall trample the dirt down

From tr**p the dirt down

Well I hope I don't die too soon
I pray the lord my soul to save
Oh I'll be a good boy, Im trying so hard to behave
Because there's one thing I know, I'd like to live
Long enough to savour
That's when they finally put you in the ground
Ill stand on your grave and tr**p the dirt down

Elvis Costello singing for the people
Never underestimate the power of complaining

5 Sams

Died this morning...according to the BBC....
The Aristocrat Years

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maximus Marillius

She will now meet her maker to atone for the murders that were committed under her watch

EC Unique

Shamrock Shore

I wonder will the old Irish tradition of not speaking ill of the dead be respected?

Hereiam

good riddance. Now if Big Ian would do the same it would be a good week.

orangeman

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 08, 2013, 12:58:40 PM
She will now meet her maker to atone for the murders that were committed under her watch

Assuming there is a maker ?

Armaghgeddon

Armagh stay up and now she has gone..great two days

orangeman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 08, 2013, 01:00:49 PM
I wonder will the old Irish tradition of not speaking ill of the dead be respected?

I think in this case, the answer to that will be no considering her treatment not only of Irish men and women but her own people as well.

I heard some stories recently about the miners' strike and the abject poverty she imposed on those people.

Some mining familes were literally left with nothing to eat.

trasna man

May she rot in hell, evil aul b...ard

EC Unique

It's just a pity she did not die screaming.

Nally Stand

The lady is not for turning returning  ;D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore