Club Championships 2010

Started by maxpower, October 15, 2010, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

What is the status in each of the Counties with regard to the Club Championship, it could be a fairly open year for the All-Ireland, Portumna don't seem to be firing yet (probaly need a break), Ballyhale are gone, Newtonshandrum are gone, James Stephens gone

In Ulster we're at the Final stage with Loughgiel (Antrim) likely to easily overcome Keady (Armagh)

What happens next????

Sean3

In Munster Sarsfields, Kilmallock and Ballyduff have all won their finals. Clare final is Sunday between Cratloe and Crusheen. Waterford semi replay is between Lismore and Ballygunner and I think De La Salle are already in the final. Tipp are only at the semi stage yet but Toomevara are playing Thurles.

Carrickshock play O'Loughlins in Kilkenny final next week. Oulart won Wexford. Can't recall who is in the Offaly final but I think Tullamore are one of them. Don't know about Laois. Dublin also only at semis which are on next week Ballyboden v O'Tooles and Vins v Crokes. Portumna's replay is on this week I believe.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: maxpower on October 15, 2010, 01:35:50 PM
What is the status in each of the Counties with regard to the Club Championship, it could be a fairly open year for the All-Ireland, Portumna don't seem to be firing yet (probaly need a break), Ballyhale are gone, Newtonshandrum are gone, James Stephens gone

Portumna were nearly gone as well. Took an injury time free to get them the draw against Loughrea. Winner plays Clarinbridge in the county final. Port are slipping a bit alright I'd say. They are a long time on the road now and don't have a whole pile coming through at underage.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 15, 2010, 02:35:55 PM

Portumna were nearly gone as well. Took an injury time free to get them the draw against Loughrea. Winner plays Clarinbridge in the county final. Port are slipping a bit alright I'd say. They are a long time on the road now and don't have a whole pile coming through at underage.
The replay is on in Athenry tomorrow eve at 4pm.

orangeman

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on October 15, 2010, 06:48:36 PM

Betting for this match.

Portumna 1/8 Loughrea 5/1. Bookies reckon Loughrea have missed the boat.

Reillers

Quote from: Sean3 on October 15, 2010, 02:27:44 PM
In Munster Sarsfields, Kilmallock and Ballyduff have all won their finals. Clare final is Sunday between Cratloe and Crusheen. Waterford semi replay is between Lismore and Ballygunner and I think De La Salle are already in the final. Tipp are only at the semi stage yet but Toomevara are playing Thurles.

Carrickshock play O'Loughlins in Kilkenny final next week. Oulart won Wexford. Can't recall who is in the Offaly final but I think Tullamore are one of them. Don't know about Laois. Dublin also only at semis which are on next week Ballyboden v O'Tooles and Vins v Crokes. Portumna's replay is on this week I believe.

It will be interesting all right to see how it plays out, no clear stands out at the moment, and while Portumna aren't exactly firing at all cylinders at the moment, well the season isn't over yet at all and experience will count when it gets down to the serious days.
Sars will have it all to do against the Waterford lads, the Glen put in a tough, brave performance in the end, it was because of pure grit and determination that they got back in the game, but Sars experience won out. 
Cian McCarthy was great to watch free taking, I think Pa Horgan was relied on about too much and problems grew from there because in the second half he'd a good few men on him marking him. Hoggy really has a great future ahead of him, and hopefully he'll keep going strong,
The hooking and blocking on show, was at a level we haven't seen for a while at Cork level, it was like back to the Donal O Grady, pure basics, it was unreal.
Connor O Sullivan looks very promising, as are a few others, and it's great to see. There were some promising players who hopefully will be seen on the Cork scene in the not so distant future.

It was a great day out, a decent crowd down there, Sars got a great reception when they came back home, but while I hope they
do well, I can't see them getting over the Waterford champs, never mind the lads from Tipp or KK.

It's all open right now at the moment, it's a matter of time will tell, but I think the old favs will click back into shape. Should be interesting to watch unfold. Best of luck to all teams involved. Would love to see a Cork winner, but I wont hold my breath.

Milltown Row2

Think its Leinster winners for Ulster after British champions in the quarters. Should Loughgeil progress they won't meet the heavy weights. PJ could at least get to a final.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2010, 09:08:13 AM
Think its Leinester winners for Ulster after British champions in the quarters. Should Loughgeil progress they won't meet the heavy weights. PJ could at least get to a final.

Fancy Oulart the Ballagh for Leinster.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

They have won well this year. Strong favs for Wexford but i've a sneaky feeling L'Giel might get to final. I-d rest Watson, looks like hes carrying an injury
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

Portumna GONE. Loughrea just beat them in the Galway semi-final replay.

Loughrea 1-16 Portumna 1-14

Loughrea v Clarinbridge in Galway county final

cicfada

Could be a blessing in disguise for Galway to see Portumna gone at this stage. JC getting a rest and/or an operation as well and all the others geting a rest as well! They have been great representatives for Galway hurling, Thank You Portumna!

belleaqua

Here here! Lost 3 championship games since 2005, epic stuff. I saw them against Mullagh in QF and thought they'd be beaten in Galway, the pace is gone out of them which is expected given so many years on the road. One of the greatest club teams ever, well done.

Milltown Row2

Well i.m sure the Munster team will be happy not to meet Portumna and Lgiel won't be meeting Ballyhale. Thurles Sarsfields play T'vara Ballyboden could go one better than a few years ago. If you are still in it at this stage then you'd feel you have a chance

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on October 15, 2010, 07:19:50 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on October 15, 2010, 06:48:36 PM

Betting for this match.

Portumna 1/8 Loughrea 5/1. Bookies reckon Loughrea have missed the boat.

Some odds.

Glensman

Ulster

Date: Sunday 24th Oct 2010

Ulster Club Junior Hurling Championship 2010 Final 1 45 PM Casement Park St Bridgid's Cloughmills v Inniskeen

Ulster Club Senior Hurling Championship 2010 Final 3 30 PM Casement Park Loch gCaol Seamroga/Loughgiel Shamrocks v Ceidé Lamh Dearg