Armagh v Down 2011 Ulster Championship First Round

Started by 6Sams, October 07, 2010, 08:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Sams

armaghniac

A  cracking game for the new Athletic grounds, I'll have to renew my season ticket, this game will be sold out! 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mid Down Gael

This is gonna be one busy thread. What a start for both counties. Wait to Fearon starts.

In the Onion Bag

Nobody wants the back door so early.  It will be an all out game for both.  Almost can't wait.

5 Sams

It's good to get one of the weaker counties in the first round for a change.
The Aristocrat Years

pearseog

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 07, 2010, 08:53:50 PM

at least your username is accurate, unlike the thread starter "6 sams". I'm not aware of any county with 6 sams  :D :D

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: pearseog on October 07, 2010, 09:05:32 PM
I'm not aware of any county with 6 sams  :D :D

Certainly not OurMa anyway - they're a least cuig, 5, or if you like, five away.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: pearseog on October 07, 2010, 09:05:32 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 07, 2010, 08:53:50 PM

at least your username is accurate, unlike the thread starter "6 sams". I'm not aware of any county with 6 sams  :D :D

Im aware of a county with just the one.  :)

thewobbler

I'll probably not go. I'll save my money for bigger games down the line.

Penalty kick to the Ulster Final for Down.

Armamike

Its still hard to believe how that Down side got to an All Ireland final, but anyway. Armagh's always a big game for the Down ones, it's their only local rivalry, whereas for Armagh its only one of 4 (Tyrone, Monaghan, Down, Louth).

Good draw for both counties, should help to keep the players focused over the months ahead.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

snoopdog

Quote from: Armamike on October 07, 2010, 10:02:45 PM
Its still hard to believe how that Down side got to an All Ireland final, but anyway. Armagh's always a big game for the Down ones, it's their only local rivalry, whereas for Armagh its only one of 4 (Tyrone, Monaghan, Down, Louth).

Good draw for both counties, should help to keep the players focused over the months ahead.   
To be honest we couldnt care less about Armagh.
most Down folk were glad to see our wee neighbours win their one and only All Ireland. Unlike the bitter oranges who couldnt get enough of Cork last month.
We are more worried about Derry in the Semi.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: snoopdog on October 07, 2010, 10:07:56 PM

To be honest we couldnt care less about Armagh.
most Down folk were glad to see our wee neighbours win their one and only All Ireland. Unlike the bitter oranges who couldnt get enough of Cork last month.
We are more worried about Derry in the Semi.
Ha. I love commments like these.

snoopdog

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 07, 2010, 10:17:07 PM
Says it all about Down to be more worried about Derry!

To go from AI finalists to be worried about probably the flakiest county in Ulster when it comes to championship football, only slightly above Donegal.  Still they have a similar record to Down since the early 90s, rarely able to make anything of the great population and talent at their disposal and failed management team after failed management team while their nieghbours beat a well worn track to Croke Park and Clones.  Down should learn from 2010 and hope for a quick exit to the qualifiers without too much embarassment and hope for a series of soft draws to meet teams on the big slide or stilling clawing their way up. ;D

ha ha, remind me what failed Down manager is now over the orchard.
Ha Ha Armaghs inferiority complex with Down makes me laugh all the time.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pearseog

Quote from: snoopdog on October 07, 2010, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on October 07, 2010, 10:17:07 PM
Says it all about Down to be more worried about Derry!

To go from AI finalists to be worried about probably the flakiest county in Ulster when it comes to championship football, only slightly above Donegal.  Still they have a similar record to Down since the early 90s, rarely able to make anything of the great population and talent at their disposal and failed management team after failed management team while their nieghbours beat a well worn track to Croke Park and Clones.  Down should learn from 2010 and hope for a quick exit to the qualifiers without too much embarassment and hope for a series of soft draws to meet teams on the big slide or stilling clawing their way up. ;D

ha ha, remind me what failed Down manager is now over the orchard.
Ha Ha Armaghs inferiority complex with Down makes me laugh all the time.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TYP from tyrone is he not??

Highlander3

I do think that Armagh fans hate Down a lot more than Down fans dislike Armagh. And until recent years i dont think we saw Armagh as that big of rivals to Down.