Astronomy Thread

Started by ONeill, October 06, 2010, 09:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 25, 2012, 11:26:39 PM
How wrong I was. Took the scope out for a lookaround tonight and noticed Saturn was lurking due south. Managed to get the eye pieces lined up and it blew my mind - the rings were as clear as day. Great personal moment. It can only happen the first time once.
I'm jealous. Gonna have to take the plunge and buy one of these yokes.

Hardy

How wrong I was. Took the scope out for a lookaround tonight and noticed Saturn was lurking due south. Managed to get the eye pieces lined up and it blew my mind - the rings were as clear as day. Great personal moment. It can only happen the first time once.

Something I'd love to see. I must call around to your gaff the next time I'm in the badlands.

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on May 26, 2012, 10:13:05 AM

Something I'd love to see. I must call around to your gaff the next time I'm in the badlands.

Party time! I'll see you there too. Bring some nic-nacs.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Olly

I got up at 4.30 to get Venus in Transit.

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Armaghgeddon

I should have done astronomy at uni  :o

ONeill

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

stew

Truest words ever spoken on this board, the sight of the rings is monumental, an unforgettable moment.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Armaghgeddon

Caught the international space station on camera, its a bit poor as I havent had time to figure out iso, shutter speed setting or set manual focus

Here is a pic of it...

Not to forget the persieds tonight

ONeill

Not much chance of seeing this shower tonight.

Tony Baloney

How is that motorised scope working out O'Neill. Seen a display of them in Currys/PC World the other day but the missus wouldn't let me look at them  :-[

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 13, 2012, 10:01:13 PM
How is that motorised scope working out O'Neill. Seen a display of them in Currys/PC World the other day but the missus wouldn't let me look at them  :-[

Also time you were back at the books - standards are slipping.
Careful now