Sickening GAA Propaganda

Started by Peter Solan the Great, September 21, 2010, 08:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Spot on O'Neill.

We should get rid of all those new fangled defibrillators too.

It seems to me that for a lot of people the GAA must first and foremost be a twee and backdated remembrance of a bygone era. The fact that this bygone era was one of poverty, violoence and mass migration seems of little concern either.

deiseach

It's funny how those arguing in favour of the pitch invasion because it's tradition are being mirrored by those arguing against it because it's tradition, using traditions that went by the wayside as evidence that this one needs to go. Both equally facile arguments

under the bar

QuoteI find it hard to believe a Armagh man would be against the "pitch invasion" given the fact they had one of the best & most famous one's in 2002

Enough buckfast to re-float the Titanic coupled with the sense of relief that they'd scraped a 1 point win against a team that outplayed them for 60 mins added to the occasion.

ONeill

Quote from: deiseach on September 21, 2010, 10:13:45 PM
It's funny how those arguing in favour of the pitch invasion because it's tradition are being mirrored by those arguing against it because it's tradition, using traditions that went by the wayside as evidence that this one needs to go. Both equally facile arguments

Erm, it was sarcasm.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Its a tradition that Waterford get to an AI Hurling Final once every 50 years and get an almighty hammering, and that's one tradition that will not be changing any time soon. ;D

Jinxy the GPA logo appeared on the video messages on the big screen on Sunday in connection with the new procedures for the presentation of trophy so I am assuming that the organisation has taken a democratic decision in favour of this

deiseach

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2010, 10:18:56 PM
Its a tradition that Waterford get to an AI Hurling Final once every 50 years and get an almighty hammering, and that's one tradition that will not be changing any time soon. ;D

Refer me to the hammerings Waterford received in All-Ireland finals before 2008. I'll wait

deiseach

Pitch invasion at this very moment in the Brentford - Everton game. Did they not watch the video?!

down6061689194

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2010, 10:18:56 PM

Jinxy the GPA logo appeared on the video messages on the big screen on Sunday in connection with the new procedures for the presentation of trophy so I am assuming that the organisation has taken a democratic decision in favour of this

Fearon any word of you growing a set and actually placing a valid argument when someone makes a point instead of discredeting it based on the performances of their county.

I supose im in now position to comment because sure down haven won anything in 16 years blah blah...

ross4life

Check out my display image, it's Jimmy Murray the Roscommon captain in 1943 carried shoulder high off the Croke park pitch! i met him in person in 2006 (one year before he died) he was still reflecting on that great moment where his fellow county men celebrated with him

Now that's tradition to past onto your grand-kids compared to the muted celebrations on Sunday

P.S pitch invasion gone forever?? i would like to see them try stopping us or Mayo fan's if they won it again
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Tell ye what Rosslife. See when Mayo win it and it's a dripping wet pitch after 2 matches have been played on it and some young lad runs on in sheer delight amongst the horde of ecstatic fans but slips on the drowned sod whilst a drunk in DMs follows on and stamps his head into the ground, bring that photo into him in the Dublin Royal if he's lucky and tell him sure isn't it great.

Might never happen. Might.

Redhand Santa

The same young lad could slip and fall down the steps on the way out or get knocked down outside Quinns.

Redhand Santa

Was just thinking, should the home coming be scrapped to? 50,000 squashed in front of a stage can't be that safe.

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 21, 2010, 11:21:14 PM
The same young lad could slip and fall down the steps on the way out or get knocked down outside Quinns.

Yes he could. But do you think the chance increases when he's part of 3-4000 at least running manically?

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 21, 2010, 11:23:54 PM
Was just thinking, should the home coming be scrapped to? 50,000 squashed in front of a stage can't be that safe.

No, for the same reasons as concerts. It's usually fairly restrained. No need for running like bulls in their thousands. Usually just standing there. Did you not go to Omagh those times?

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on September 21, 2010, 11:04:47 PM
Tell ye what Rosslife. See when Mayo win it and it's a dripping wet pitch after 2 matches have been played on it and some young lad runs on in sheer delight amongst the horde of ecstatic fans but slips on the drowned sod whilst a drunk in DMs follows on and stamps his head into the ground, bring that photo into him in the Dublin Royal if he's lucky and tell him sure isn't it great.

Might never happen. Might.

That life & unfortunately accidents happen, as someone else said on another thread if it's controlled properly then i can't see any problems than there was at say....the U2 concert in Croke park
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open