I'm A Mad Down Fan But?

Started by In the Onion Bag, September 20, 2010, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Dougal.

Longford people are pure as the driven snow, we don't know how to boo.

We never get the chance, in fairness.

We mutter and we have the odd laugh at the likes of Mayo but, other than that, we're boo-less

ONeill

I must've been so wrapped up in the game that I didn't notice it from the Upper Hogan. Was it coming from the Hill?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DoireGael

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 20, 2010, 11:23:11 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on September 20, 2010, 10:12:17 PM
Does any other Down Heads feel, like I do, let down by those who booed every Cork free kick?

Yip.

Funnily enough, you don't hear the booing in the national league games::)

Sums it up, I would like to think the booers are band wagon fans? Never the less a terrible element thats been brought into are games. The respect given at the egg chaser matchs is something we should be endorsing.

rossglass

I agree with the concensus that its andwagon fans that are booing.

For many its was maybe their 2nd or 3rd time at HQ, and they just don't know how to behave at GAA matches.

bcarrier

Quote from: ONeill on September 20, 2010, 11:50:08 PM
I must've been so wrapped up in the game that I didn't notice it from the Upper Hogan. Was it coming from the Hill?

I was in the lower cusack and never noticed either. Maybe its all rebounding of that perspex thingy .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 20, 2010, 11:23:11 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on September 20, 2010, 10:12:17 PM
Does any other Down Heads feel, like I do, let down by those who booed every Cork free kick?

Yip.

Funnily enough, you don't hear the booing in the national league games.  ::)

I did, in 2007 when all the youngish Donegal supporters started to boo Conor Mortimer in the NFL final that year. But there was an old man behind me and he used tell them to 'shut up' and he apologised for their behaviour.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

snoopdog

they let the county down. But we all know the majority of them dont follow Down through thick and thin. How many will be in Newry for our first league game next Feb.
Its a plague that only comes with progress.No place for it. But wasnt only Down fans. a woman in her 50s was cheering all the down wides in the early stages until i said to her that she was showing great sportsmanship in her behaviour. She shut up after that.

cornafean

Quote from: bcarrier on September 21, 2010, 09:37:38 AM

I was in the lower cusack and never noticed either. Maybe its all rebounding of that perspex thingy .

Me neither. Much ado about nothing?
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

mackers

Quote from: snoopdog on September 24, 2010, 11:21:31 AM
they let the county down. But we all know the majority of them dont follow Down through thick and thin. How many will be in Newry for our first league game next Feb.
Its a plague that only comes with progress.No place for it. But wasnt only Down fans. a woman in her 50s was cheering all the down wides in the early stages until i said to her that she was showing great sportsmanship in her behaviour. She shut up after that.

The worst case of this I ever heard was our AI semi in 2003. We kicked something like 22 wides that day and a large contingent of Donegal supporters around us cheered for every last one of them. I was well f**ked off and but at least Stevie put the manners on them by the end of the match.......
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

the wildebeest man

Quote from: cornafean on September 24, 2010, 11:56:38 AM
Quote from: bcarrier on September 21, 2010, 09:37:38 AM

Me neither. Much ado about nothing?

Upper Cusack, near the Hill. Very loud.

mournerambler

Have to say I didn't hear the booing from where I was but I did have the displeasure of hearing first hand the worst bit of abuse I have ever heard in a GAA ground.
I was sitting in row UU of the lower Cusack & there were signs asking patrons not to stand up due to wheelchair viewers behind us, fair enough I thought.
I was horrified to hear a County Down sc**bag (only word for him) tell a wheelchair user who had asked him to sit down, "fook you & fook your wheelchair".
I confronted the dirty rotten b@astard & told him to catch a grip of himself, he then went into hibernation mode & hardly spoke for a good half hour after this, it was all I could do to stop the lad beside me from ripping the head of this tosser.
The p***k in question was, at a guess in his 60's & dressed in a suit, if a teenager had said this he would have been slapped by someone i'd say.
Highly embarrasing for this clown to be associated with Down GAA.

Mickeys beard

Biggest Boo boys of the year:

Louth. (inexperienced fans)
Dubs.  (Usual story-not as bad as previous years)
Down (Was surprised and disappointed by this-sounded bad on TV and a pity for the daycent fans)

Stamp it out, I say!
Boil the Drawers!

The Worker

was in the hill and heard more booing from the cork 'fans' than downs!

Maguire01

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 20, 2010, 11:36:46 PM
The sad thing is that most counties have fans to be ashamed of. I'm an Armagh supporter and would agree that we have an awful element that follows us
Yes, but enough about Tony.

Square Ball

was in the Nally and I only heard booing when Cork were taking frees, it was a disgrace and a few Cork ones near to me commented on it.

there was a thread on the Down bit of the Hoganstand stand encouraging people to boo as it worked in the semi, sad but true >:(

On a different point, the thread title can be taken two ways, he is a Down fan who is mad, or, he is fanatical about Down. which one is it?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid