Championship 2011

Started by Orangemac, September 20, 2010, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: swing-er-over on September 22, 2010, 09:50:41 PM
can someone explain to me how antrim are nearly twice the price of fermanagh or offaly?

Good point - The St.Galls fellas were very late back to county training this year after their AI success; I think this success will be more evident next year (unless they win it again). And Bradley has committed to them - I know of a few folk that are expecting big things of them in 2011

I think that the Ulster championship is going to be a belter next year, due to the following:

Armagh a year further down the line with Paddy O'Rourke
Cavan with Val Andrews in first season, wanting to make an impact
Same applies for Brennan in Derry & McGuinness in Donegal
Down wanting to build on this year
Tyrone wanting to prove they are still the best.
Won't Fermanagh have a new manager as well?
Monaghan will have a new manager, but I predict a player revolt, wrecking Monaghans year, McEnaney being re-instated and Monaghan winning Ulster 2012.

Can't wait
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

red hander

Do you have Friday's Euromillions numbers?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: red hander on September 22, 2010, 10:50:46 PM
Do you have Friday's Euromillions numbers?

Not at the minute - Can get them to you Saturday?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Farrandeelin

Mayo will have a short stint next year again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 20, 2010, 05:06:48 PM
Hopefully Tyrone will get one of the weaker counties, Armagh would do nicely.
Careful what you wish for, you might be choking on your Santa hat as you munch it!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: swing-er-over on September 22, 2010, 09:50:41 PM
can someone explain to me how antrim are nearly twice the price of fermanagh or offaly?
Because they are Antrim.

lawnseed

CORK they're the ivan lendl of gaelic football, back in the day when john mcenroe and bjorn borg were slugging it out on the tennis circuit ivan lendl was a fine big man who just couldnt beat either of them but he just hung around til they got injured or bored or too old and he finally won wimbledon. i dont expect cork to feature in 2011. and down? even the manager admits they rode their luck like a badly shod horse.

28-1 for armagh is generous with homer o'rourke at the helm and a rugby coach doing the training perhaps thats why they wont pass the ball forward maybe he's blowing them up

it could be dublins year
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

bcarrier

I wouldnt be surprised if 7 of the last 8 are the same as this year with any one of Sligo/Galway/Mayo replacing the Rossies. I dont see Cork retaining it - thats only happened once in last two decades but think any one of the rest could come through to win.   

Of the rest would agree that Armagh could be next years slightly dark horses especially if they have a decent league campaign. Antrim are capable of beating most on their day but not of a sustained campaign imo.

marym

Cork are going to be strong again in 2011. They plan to unveil a few more under 21s. Remember Sheehan and Walsh are under 21 again next  year.Some great minors too Cahalane Hurley etc.

snoopdog

So i take it nobody gives Down a chance next year.1 Point of winning an All Ireland and nobody rates Down.
Yes we had a bit of Luck, all teams that get to a final have Luck.
Yes Kerry were missing two players that were suspended and rightly so but Down beat Kerry well
Luck against Kildare indeed but Ref wasnt long in levelling it out
Cork deserve their All Ireland title and they will be a force again next year.

Was in tullamore for Down Offally and to be fair to Offally they look a decent team i will be expecting some good performances from them in the league especially at home. No reason why they cant do a Louth, after all only the width of a post between them and the second best team in the country this summer.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: lawnseed on September 24, 2010, 12:52:19 AM
CORK they're the ivan lendl of gaelic football, back in the day when john mcenroe and bjorn borg were slugging it out on the tennis circuit ivan lendl was a fine big man who just couldnt beat either of them but he just hung around til they got injured or bored or too old and he finally won wimbledon. i dont expect cork to feature in 2011. and down? even the manager admits they rode their luck like a badly shod horse.

28-1 for armagh is generous with homer o'rourke at the helm and a rugby coach doing the training perhaps thats why they wont pass the ball forward maybe he's blowing them up

Good analogy but I don't think Lendl ever won Wimbledon.

it could be dublins year

ross4life

Quote from: snoopdog on September 24, 2010, 03:52:42 PM
So i take it nobody gives Down a chance next year.1 Point of winning an All Ireland and nobody rates Down.
Yes Kerry were missing two players that were suspended and rightly so but Down beat Kerry well

Was in tullamore for Down Offally and to be fair to Offally they look a decent team i will be expecting some good performances from them in the league especially at home. No reason why they cant do a Louth, after all only the width of a post between them and the second best team in the country this summer.

If i were a Down fan i would look to the Ulster Championship & try to break the Armagh/Tyrone dominance & then take it from there...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armagho9 on September 22, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on September 20, 2010, 11:55:46 AM
Armagh 28/1------ :D

Down 18-1?  When was the last time a beaten finalist started at such a big price for the next year?  Clearly the bookies believe Down massivly overachieved this year, were very lucky against kerry in terms of injuries and had a massive amount of luck against kildare.  Clearly the bookies are not afraid of Down for next year, and they would be right.

Mayo 2005 (2004 A.I.F), Mayo 2007 (2006 A.I.F.)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

snoopdog

Quote from: ross4life on September 24, 2010, 04:03:11 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on September 24, 2010, 03:52:42 PM

If i were a Down fan i would look to the Ulster Championship & try to break the Armagh/Tyrone dominance & then take it from there...
id say that is what Wee James plan will be. Need to win something

armagho9

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 24, 2010, 04:42:02 PM
Quote from: armagho9 on September 22, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on September 20, 2010, 11:55:46 AM
Armagh 28/1------ :D

Down 18-1?  When was the last time a beaten finalist started at such a big price for the next year?  Clearly the bookies believe Down massivly overachieved this year, were very lucky against kerry in terms of injuries and had a massive amount of luck against kildare.  Clearly the bookies are not afraid of Down for next year, and they would be right.

Mayo 2005 (2004 A.I.F), Mayo 2007 (2006 A.I.F.)

i would say Down will have a similar season to Mayo 05 and 07