Championship 2011

Started by Orangemac, September 20, 2010, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Draw for 2011 championship is only 3 weeks away (7th October).Seems strange thinking it will be 2011 next year 9 was it not just 1999 a few years ago?

Despite reservations about Paddy O'Rourkes tactical nous and worries over more than a few positions, can't wait for next year. Hopefully we can avoid the preliminary round this year and stay in Div 1.

After this year a lot of teams will fancy their chances of having a bit of a run.

Provincial championships may have lost a bit of shine but every team will be going all out to win their province.

Who will be favourites for Sam next year and who can do a Down and stretch the summer out to August at least?

Jinxy

Whats the bets we get Louth in the first round.  :P
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thewobbler

It's a very useful Cork team who will start as favourites next year.

But considering they had to pull out all the stops to just edge an under par Down team, it would suggest they are not at the level of recent Kerry and Tyrone teams.

I'd think that up to a dozen sides have a chance next year, and it's going to be simple things like injuries, refereeing decisions and momentum that decides the winner. Football looks like it's in for a fine few years.

Shamrock Shore

The first round draw is what we live for in Longford.

And the O'Byrne Cup.............oooooh......the O'Byrne Cup. Only 3 and a bit months away.

Can't wait!

ross4life

I hope we don't get any of those "who can stop ......" threads in 2011

For us Rossies looking forward to the trip to New York in May  :)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

armaghniac

Paddy Power's view

Cork          9/4
Kerry           3/1
Dublin   11/2
Tyrone   7/1
Meath   12/1
Down   18/1
Kildare   20/1
Galway   20/1
Monaghan   20/1
Mayo           20/1
Armagh   28/1
Derry           33/1
Limerick   50/1
Donegal   66/1
Sligo           66/1
Laois           66/1
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Naomh Pol CLG

Hardy

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on September 20, 2010, 12:07:19 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 20, 2010, 11:53:38 AM
Why are Meath 12/1  ???

'Cos we have no manager.

I think he means why are they not 25/1 or something like that. Kildare are 20s.

drici

Why are Meath 12/1  ???

Westmeath are 11/10 to win the Maiden Hurdle(3-05) at Ballinrobe the day with Paul Carberry up.
Corkonian is 11/8 to win the other Maiden Hurdle at 3-35 with Ruby Walsh's assistance.

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2010, 12:08:56 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 20, 2010, 12:07:19 PM
Why are Meath 12/1  ???

'Cos we have no manager.

I think he means why are they not 25/1 or something like that. Kildare are 20s.

I was just trying to be smart, AZ and anticipating the restoration of the established order among Leinster counties next year.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: drici on September 20, 2010, 12:11:07 PM

Why are Meath 12/1  ???

Westmeath are 11/10 to win the Maiden Hurdle(3-05) at Ballinrobe the day with Paul Carberry up.
Corkonian is 11/8 to win the other Maiden Hurdle at 3-35 with Ruby Walsh's assistance.

I thought Paul Carberry was on an Aer Lingus flight from Malaga once? I thought that would rule him out of ever riding for Ryanair Gigginstown House.

Corkonian with Kildare assistance. Sounds like the Cork team of the late eighties/early nineties.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ross4life

Mayo 20/1
Galway 20/1
Sligo 66/1
Roscommon 200/1

Wrote off again i like it  :)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Redhand Santa

Hopefully Tyrone will get one of the weaker counties, Armagh would do nicely.