Downs All Ireland Banquet

Started by panc56, August 31, 2010, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 21, 2010, 08:00:18 PM
Why would you want to be going to these banquets anyway?

Is the Flannerys -> Coppers post-match night out not good enough for yee?

the 2 biggest sh1tholes in the capital. full of k.nobs

leenie

Quote from: snoopdog on September 21, 2010, 08:27:35 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 21, 2010, 08:00:18 PM
Why would you want to be going to these banquets anyway?

Is the Flannerys -> Coppers post-match night out not good enough for yee?

the 2 biggest sh1tholes in the capital. full of k.nobs

what are ye on about..... flipping deadly, well coppers was on sat nite.....

big shout out to ciaran the dub taxi-man, got us straight in must have skipped over 300+ people!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

I was in Coppers back in 2005. Met a really nice Kerry blade, but my Fermanagh mate ruined my chances with her!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

leenie

i just read through the thread there ..... my goodness t fearon do you talk a load of dung....!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: norabeag on September 21, 2010, 02:36:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 21, 2010, 11:49:25 AM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on September 21, 2010, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2010, 02:54:52 PM
Jealous? Why? After all, Down haven't beaten Armagh in the Championship for nearly 20 years, and a young transitional Armagh team beat Down in a National Final at Croke Park this year by two points, while Cork could only manage a

Ah, grand so...Your 1 All Ireland all those years ago is better than our 5 All Irelands from all those years ago...Forgot about that.... :D
Why is it that Down are the only county who keep harping on about All Irelands won 50 years ago.  I dont know any other county who'd harps on about past glories so much....
It is nice to have history and past glories, and the class that goes with it  ;). It is not just Down who go on about 1960. Every serious commentator on gaelic Games recognise that as a sea change in gaelic Games.No matter what county you go to in Ireland ( well bar one) we are constantly reminded of what that team of the sixties did for gaelic football.
Each era is defined by certain teams such as Kerry & Dublin in the 70s & early eighties, the northern breakthrough in the nineties and the high standards set by Tyrone & Kerry in the noughties.

Incredible bitterness and warped minds that have been polluting these threads since sunday from a very jealous neighbour.
whatever helps you sleep at night  ::)

Donkey
I do. The applemunchers have no choice but too, to feel accepted/ validated.  Their inferiority complex is on another level altogether. Hardly suprising when they are surrounded by Louth,Down and Tyrone, all much much more successful counties.
Personally I don't really care about Tyrone, where I'm from is a few miles from Louth, Down and Monaghan. Please tell me why I should be jealous of any of those counties?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DuffleKing

I fail to see why down people maintian that having won things in the past bestows class upon a county.

downjim

Even though we lost i was disappointed with the way some players conducted themselves in the aftermath of the defeat.. a few left of the banquet and some did not arrive back to the hotel until monday morning!!! Half of the players could hardly see the homecoming!! It was not a good example for the kids

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: downjim on September 22, 2010, 08:47:38 PM
Even though we lost i was disappointed with the way some players conducted themselves in the aftermath of the defeat.. a few left of the banquet and some did not arrive back to the hotel until monday morning!!! Half of the players could hardly see the homecoming!! It was not a good example for the kids

The boys have hardly got a drink all year, i think they deservd to go and have a session.

muppet

Will someone think of the children players.
MWWSI 2017

Wee Shea

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 22, 2010, 09:24:12 PM
Quote from: downjim on September 22, 2010, 08:47:38 PM

The boys have hardly got a drink all year, i think they deservd to go and have a session.

Agree. If I had to choose between a sombre formal banquet and going on the pull in Coppers it would be no contest. Especially after being on a strict drink ban for the most part of the year.

T Fearon

This is unbelievable. Surely the Down team should have stayed together on Sunday night, as Armagh did at the Citywest in 2003, and by the end of that night a hell of a lot of the players had made up for lost time at the bar all season, I can tell you

marym

Was just saying to a friend of mine earlier how dignified the Cork players were at the homecoming. They probably had a few beers ok but not that many. One of them gave an interview to a local  paper and said Conor Counihan was big into the image portrayed by  the players.

T Fearon

I rthink the motto here is "The team that plays together, should stay together!" ;D

Seroously I can't believe some Down players went awol from this function. Hugely disrespectful to all and sundry, County Board, Sponsors and supporters

Leo

Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2010, 11:21:18 PM
I rthink the motto here is "The team that plays together, should stay together!" ;D

Seroously I can't believe some Down players went awol from this function. Hugely disrespectful to all and sundry, County Board, Sponsors and supporters

Where is this nonesense coming from? No one went AWOL (to use your British army phraseology)
Every single Down player was at the (awful) banquet. I left at 12.30 and they were all still there. If some of them then left to be with family or friends, great, fair play to them. Non story. Move on.
Fierce tame altogether