Downs All Ireland Banquet

Started by panc56, August 31, 2010, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 24, 2010, 08:44:55 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 24, 2010, 04:13:49 AM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 23, 2010, 06:44:07 PM
Quote from: rionach 4 on September 23, 2010, 12:17:05 PM
How did Benny Coulter enjoy the banquet????
Benny Coulter,like every other player I saw, behaved  perfectly. It constantly amazes me how decent, down to earth and unassuming top-level Gaelic footballers and Hurlers are.Having put so much into training and playing over the last 9 months for no financial reward, lose an All Ireland final by a kick of a ball and then be so patient and understanding with supporters, many of whom who are unknown to you or the worse for wear, is incredible.
Before Sunday, I thought the current squad were great role-models in County Down.
Now I know that they are great role-models for the whole of Ireland

Oh, jesus h christ...now the Nordies have invented behaving oneself at the post match function ! ....lads is there anything ye haven't invented.
Partition you guys did that all by yourselves. At least we keep our clothes on when we are in hotel public areas.

Unlike you lot, we didnt allow the plantation of our province to succeed. If you lads had shown a bit more gumption back in the day instead of having all your Earls run away to France then the conditions for partition would never have existed.

So its all your own fault.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 24, 2010, 07:58:48 PM
Unlike you lot, we didnt allow the plantation of our province to succeed. If you lads had shown a bit more gumption back in the day instead of having all your Earls run away to France then the conditions for partition would never have existed.

Excellent post Mike, it shows just what you know about Irish history.  Maith thú
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

T Fearon

I heard Down's banquet was reduced at the last minute from 6 courses to 5, and that sour grapes, gutted sole, and kangaroo burgers were all on the menu ;D

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2010, 10:57:11 AM
I heard Down's banquet was reduced at the last minute from 6 courses to 5, and that sour grapes, gutted sole, and kangaroo burgers were all on the menu ;D

No call for sour grapes. we took our defeat on the chin. Not like Armagh in 2003.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 24, 2010, 08:44:55 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 24, 2010, 04:13:49 AM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 23, 2010, 06:44:07 PM
Quote from: rionach 4 on September 23, 2010, 12:17:05 PM
How did Benny Coulter enjoy the banquet????
Benny Coulter,like every other player I saw, behaved  perfectly. It constantly amazes me how decent, down to earth and unassuming top-level Gaelic footballers and Hurlers are.Having put so much into training and playing over the last 9 months for no financial reward, lose an All Ireland final by a kick of a ball and then be so patient and understanding with supporters, many of whom who are unknown to you or the worse for wear, is incredible.
Before Sunday, I thought the current squad were great role-models in County Down.
Now I know that they are great role-models for the whole of Ireland

Oh, jesus h christ...now the Nordies have invented behaving oneself at the post match function ! ....lads is there anything ye haven't invented.
Partition you guys did that all by yourselves. At least we keep our clothes on when we are in hotel public areas.

They just went on holidays, and the operator went bust!!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 24, 2010, 08:06:47 PM

Excellent post Mike, it shows just what you know about Irish history.  Maith thú

go on so, educate me as to why the plantation in Ulster suceeded while Munster was purged of the planters.

I look forward to your excuses.

ardmhachaabu

Munster was purged of the planters?  This is what I mean, you have no clue about history Mike, not even the history of your own county or province.

Don't ask me to explain as I haven't got the time nor inclination to do so.  I have 2 boys under 2, the elder of which has more sense than you
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Mike Sheehy

ziggysego

It was a Munster man that signed us away.

Plus, you shot him for his troubles.
Testing Accessibility

Pangurban

Think you are the bluffer Mike, or else you really do not know your History