Downs All Ireland Banquet

Started by panc56, August 31, 2010, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick999

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=25.msg844662#msg844662

Post the All Ireland Final there will be a Banquet on Sunday evening 19 September 2010 at the City West Hotel in Dublin.  The City West was chosen in order to facilitate as large as attendance as possible at the banquet and meet national media requirements.  With this in mind banquet tickets have also been priced at £60 per head.  An order form for banquet tickets will shortly be available to be downloaded from the Down GAA website and will also be forwarded to club secretaries in due course.  Martina Casement at the County office: 028 4377 0880 will be co-ordinating the tickets for the post match banquet. 

AZOffaly

Qwerty28

Just grab a snac box after the game, taxi out to City West and gatecrash!! I know when Tyrone were there in 08 was no probs gettin in and joining the party, the more the merrier!

MCMLX

Match tickets guaranteed (and promised another 2 today), Citywest booked, Banquet sorted.  :D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 31, 2010, 10:58:54 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 31, 2010, 04:14:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2010, 03:48:50 PM
If Down take the City West, I'm backing them. How many winners have been in City West over the recent past? I remember one of the years Kerry lost to Tyrone, they were in Jurys custom House. I knew it was a bad omen :D

we never won whenever we stayed there  :(

Well to be honest we never won when we stayed anywhere.

Maybe Mayo teams should get the bus back home straight away then!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Aaron Boone

Any news on the homecoming after the banquet (win, lose, or draw)?

mrenergizer

SURELY ALONG NEWRY CANAL ON THE 20TH NITE OF SEPTEMBER 2010 ;D

jas376

Well, Tipp are in the Burlington tonight and Kilkenny are at Citywest. So much for the 'winners' hotel' theory.

MCMLX

Whats the dress code for one of these banquets? I wasnt really into banquets in 91 and 94 so have no experience of them.

45 metres

Quote from: panc56 on August 31, 2010, 03:27:57 PM
Any idea which hotel Down are going to after the final to show off SAM? Cork already have the Burlo booked!

omagh_gael

45 metres you are one bitter bollix, do us a favour and F off.

T Fearon

Brilliant 45 metres :D

It must have been a ball in Citywest last night. Imagine losing your first All Ireland Final then haing tolisten to Patrick Kielty as well :D

dodgy umpire

Quote from: T Fearon on September 20, 2010, 09:24:51 AM
Brilliant 45 metres :D

It must have been a ball in Citywest last night. Imagine losing your first All Ireland Final then haing tolisten to Patrick Kielty as well :D

Do you have many friends?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

seafoid

What sort of menu is normally served at a post all-Ireland banquet? Is it the usual wedding type shite of roast beef or salmon or is there more to it?