All Ireland Final tickets

Started by Lazer, August 31, 2010, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

How are tickets distributed between the clubs in each county? Do all clubs get the same number or is it based on registered, paid up members?

swagger

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 01, 2010, 11:24:33 AM
How are tickets distributed between the clubs in each county? Do all clubs get the same number or is it based on registered, paid up members?

same number to all clubs i think, so better chance with smaller clubs. Any clubs that do not use up their allocation are sent back and redistributed around the county
riiiiiiiiiite

magpie seanie

Member A obviously is more deserving and will appreciate the ticket more. Member B will expect to be provided with a ticket and use it as the reason he does nothing in the club if he doesn't get one!

David McKeown

Not sure about the member a v b debate but what I would like to know is who is more deserving of a ticket for an all ireland final in the following scenario.

Member a or b as described above by TAC or a gaa member from another club who because of a falling out with their own club has turned his attention to county football and is such a big fan that he attended all matches in the Ulster Championships, a number of qualifiers involving other counties as well as all qualifiers involving his own county and every match in the all ireland series.  This fan also attended most league games, all McKenna cup games and a number of underage games involving his county?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

lilpaulie85

Quote from: David McKeown on September 01, 2010, 04:28:00 PM
Not sure about the member a v b debate but what I would like to know is who is more deserving of a ticket for an all ireland final in the following scenario.

Member a or b as described above by TAC or a gaa member from another club who because of a falling out with their own club has turned his attention to county football and is such a big fan that he attended all matches in the Ulster Championships, a number of qualifiers involving other counties as well as all qualifiers involving his own county and every match in the all ireland series.  This fan also attended most league games, all McKenna cup games and a number of underage games involving his county?

The fan who attends all the games as above regardless of if he is a gaa member or not i think is more deserving of a ticket. i know loads of people who go to all the intercounty games league and championship and still struggle to get tickets for finals.
Chase the dream not the competition.

David McKeown

Quote from: lilpaulie85 on September 01, 2010, 04:33:21 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on September 01, 2010, 04:28:00 PM

The fan who attends all the games as above regardless of if he is a gaa member or not i think is more deserving of a ticket. i know loads of people who go to all the intercounty games league and championship and still struggle to get tickets for finals.

Sorry should have said the fan in my example is from an other county not involved on finals day
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

kumquat

How many did Kerry & Cork get for last years final?
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

MCMLX

The real fan always gets a ticket, be that through the club, contacts at work or being in the know. The scenario with member A and B is irrelevant. Both of them deserve a ticket. There are a lot of bandwagon supporters looking for tickets that haven't been in Croke Park since 1994 and while it is annoying to see them getting tickets before more deserving supporters, its also great to be looking tickets in September. We`ll all get a ticket. There were 20000 empty seats on Sunday and Cork aren't the greatest supported team in the country. I have been promised a few tickets and they`ll go to people who go regularly.

Doohicky

Out of interest how many tickets do counties get that are in the minor game?

I got a season ticket due to being away from my town (and therefore not a member of a club), but obviously that is no help when it comes to the minor team.

Dougal Maguire

I was chatting to member B today. He tells me that he's ok for a ticket through a contact at work. However he met a girl in the Canal Court on Sunday night and has high hopes that it could lead to somethnig. She's never been to a match before but would love to get to the final and it would increase his chances greatly if he managed to get her 1. He's therefore putting his name in with the Club and is pretty sure of a ticket as he's done a few favours for the Chairman on a private basis. However the problem is that the seats won't be beside each other. Can anyone help??
Careful now

Frank Casey

Quote from: MCMLX on September 01, 2010, 04:56:17 PM
Cork aren't the greatest supported team in the country

I would expect a big demand in Langerland. Talking to a few lads there today and they're bulling for road. "Our first in 20 years"; "Showing Kerry how to beat Down"; "The talent in Coppers" - these are amongst the more printable reasons advanced.

Cork Expects etc.....
KERRY 3:7

rossglass

I would fall into the Member B category.

Disillusioned with the way my local club is run, it doesn't diminish my love for the county. Attended all home league games and been to every championship game. Think I'll be ok for a couple of tickets through work but feel for similar fans who may not be in the position to get tickets.

The Worker

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 01, 2010, 06:24:33 PM
I was chatting to member B today. He tells me that he's ok for a ticket through a contact at work. However he met a girl in the Canal Court on Sunday night and has high hopes that it could lead to somethnig. She's never been to a match before but would love to get to the final and it would increase his chances greatly if he managed to get her 1. He's therefore putting his name in with the Club and is pretty sure of a ticket as he's done a few favours for the Chairman on a private basis. However the problem is that the seats won't be beside each other. Can anyone help??

I have two seats beside each other, il take the bird with me if shes afraid to sit on her own.

armaghniac

QuoteThe real fan always gets a ticket, be that through the club, contacts at work

It depends what you work at. The point is that you might not be real fan but have good contacts at work and get a ticket.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B