La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: ross4life on December 03, 2010, 05:54:39 PM
Pique looks like the Rolls Royce defender while Puyol (was never blessed with pace) is a pure warrior though If Xavi,Iniesta got injured it would be interesting to see how good they really are?

I actually agree with you for once, good descriptions. I think they'd handle themselves fine. Puyol is an absolute f**king legend. Some of the last ditch tackle he makes are unreal. Pique possibly has more footballing ability than any defender around - his goal against inter last year was fantastic.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on December 03, 2010, 05:58:18 PM
Iniesta has been injured a lot in the last 12-18 months.

Yes but I'm talking about both out injured at the same time & i don't think the great Mascherano would fill the gap?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

I'll be the first to admit they're a different side without Xavi, they can cope without anyone else but he's always a huge miss. To say he's wrapped in cotton wool after matches would be an understatement! The search for a replacement is well underway, the case of Fabregas is well known, but having watched him a few times this season I'd love to see Thiago Alcantara get more game time and develop into the next midfleid maestro, he definitely has enough quality to establish himself this season.

gallsman

Quote from: paco on December 03, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
I'll be the first to admit they're a different side without Xavi, they can cope without anyone else but he's always a huge miss. To say he's wrapped in cotton wool after matches would be an understatement! The search for a replacement is well underway, the case of Fabregas is well known, but having watched him a few times this season I'd love to see Thiago Alcantara get more game time and develop into the next midfleid maestro, he definitely has enough quality to establish himself this season.

Load of Spanish guys I work with are Barca fans and are massive fans of Alcantara. Have you seen his free kick routine with Canales?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkwmxuVicbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn-8tAqjo&feature=related

paco

Remember watching that England game on Eurosport. Of all the youngsters coming through at Barcelona, the other one who's really impressed me is Nolito, who's only been promoted to the first team this season. He's a nippy wee striker and has scored a few in the Copa del Ray this season. Gallsman I think you may have mentioned Paco Alcacer before as well, he plays for Valencia but is another example of the conveyor belt of talent the Spanish have at the minute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64TCLG6Btk

And one of Nolito:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZqdVIziyWs

paco

Does anyone know if the Barcelona game will be on Sky Sports tonight? It was supposed to be, then it got postponed until tomorrow and now it's back on again!  Can't see it on the listings and was wondering if anyone knew if it's on red button or anthing?

gallsman

Quote from: paco on December 04, 2010, 06:05:35 PM
Does anyone know if the Barcelona game will be on Sky Sports tonight? It was supposed to be, then it got postponed until tomorrow and now it's back on again!  Can't see it on the listings and was wondering if anyone knew if it's on red button or anthing?

My UPC has the program scheduled to start at 18.55

Minder

Spanish football isn't due on Sky Sports until 2.30am  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

paco

Quote from: Minder on December 04, 2010, 07:16:48 PM
Spanish football isn't due on Sky Sports until 2.30am  :'(

I got it on the red button on sky sports 1, "Osasuna v Barcelona will commence shortly." Anyone hear what happened? A real balls up by the RFEF, Barcelona were told at 3 the match was being played tomorrow, an hour later they were told to get on a bus to Pamplona! It'll be a real Sunday league job, getting changed on the bus and everything.

ross4life

Sounds like barca had problem with the bus over? Osasuna didn't want to play on sunday & some barca players had to catch the train

20:45 kick off time
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

There will be some kick up if they lose this match.

ross4life

Apparently if Barca didn't turn up Osasuna would have been awarded a 3-0 win

Well all players made it official line up: Valdes - Alves Pique Puyol Abidal - Xavi Busquets Iniesta - Pedro Messi Villa

paco

What a farce! They're an hour ahead Ross so it should be starting in 10 minutes, although anything could happen.

ross4life

Quote from: paco on December 04, 2010, 07:33:50 PM
What a farce! They're an hour ahead Ross so it should be starting in 10 minutes, although anything could happen.

Thats correct my mistake

ross4life

Pedro 0-1 after a beautiful ball by Messi.

FT 0-3 two for Messi

Real Madrid 0 - 0 Valencia HT