Kilmacud Sevens

Started by Any craic, August 20, 2010, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

The deadline for entries is today, as explained here by Teams Secretary Marcus Ó Buachalla - http://vimeo.com/14290069//
Sorry if this is the wrong threat but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Muzz

Quote from: Any craic on August 20, 2010, 10:37:05 AM
The deadline for entries is today, as explained here by Teams Secretary Marcus Ó Buachalla - http://vimeo.com/14290069//
Sorry if this is the wrong threat but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Is it a threat to get the entries in?

SuperHans

just booked friday and monday off work around the all ireland football weekend, never been to the 7s before so really looking forward to it. should be a good weekend

Any craic

Ha! I meant to say 'thread'... or did I?!

Maiden1

Hopefully a couple of the Down lads have a match the next day so they mightn't be as strong this year.    8)
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Any craic

that's what it says on the video cos Aidan Carr is Clonduff and they're the reigning sevens champs. who else would be out.. if..?

Maiden1

5 of the 8 teams that made the knockout stage last year were from Down including the 2 finalists.

Not sure how many of the county players play 7s.

An Riocht have the 2 Clarkes, Colgan, McVeigh
Bryansford King
Longstone Poland, Rodgers
Clonduff Carr

Few others in the panel as well.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Milltown Row2

we participated in both last year (hurling and football) I'd imagine St Johns and Rossa (antrim) would have done the same in the past. how many clubs would be doing the double and has it every been won in the same year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lolafrola

Do you have to be invited to this and then accept or is it a case of any senior team applying?
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Milltown Row2

usually it was the county champions from the year before and then invites. also past winners were always invited. its a cracking day out, also helps when your club is involved and gets to the latter stages.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wee Shea

Quote from: Maiden1 on August 20, 2010, 11:56:26 AM
5 of the 8 teams that made the knockout stage last year were from Down including the 2 finalists.

Not sure how many of the county players play 7s.

An Riocht have the 2 Clarkes, Colgan, McVeigh
Bryansford King
Longstone Poland, Rodgers
Clonduff Carr

Few others in the panel as well.

Last year's player of the tournament Jason Brown on the Down panel as well.

Leo

The most over-hyped commercially sponsored money-fest in GAA history.

These guys are laughing all the way to the bank and the poor oul Ulster tourists who have nothing better to do in Dublin of a Saturday fall for it every year hook line and stinker!

So of course we will win it ....
Fierce tame altogether

Shamrock Shore

Been there as a visitor (only 10 mins walk from house) for most of the past 10 years and I can confirm it's a good day out.

Been at more football than hurling but that would be in my nature.

To paraphrase Christy Moore - you'd never know who'd you'd see hanging about.

Any craic

Will the Cork champions be affected by being in the All Ireland final for the 7s?

Keepthefaith93

Is there any bookies taking bets for the sevens?