Ulster Colleges 2010-2011

Started by duvet dave, August 18, 2010, 09:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

supersub

Quote from: Disillusioned on December 17, 2010, 06:04:48 PM
Good to see no one is spoiling the Ulster Colleges launch of their All Stars and MacRory Cup draw on Monday then.

If the boys themselves are telling people via social media and word of mouth there is no difference here!

Man Marker

Damian Casey from Dungannon Academy got a Hurling All Star, is he the first Tyrone man to get an Ulster Colleges Hurling All Star

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2010, 08:52:30 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on December 17, 2010, 08:31:48 PM
Damian Casey from Dungannon Academy got a Hurling All Star, is he the first Tyrone man to get an Ulster Colleges Hurling All Star
Another lad from the Academy got one a couple of years ago if I remember correctly.

You're right HS, Naomh Colmcille man if my memory serves. Omagh have got 2 hurling all stars, both of them back in the early 90s I think

duvet dave

Quote from: tyrone86 on December 17, 2010, 08:59:12 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2010, 08:52:30 PM
Another lad from the Academy got one a couple of years ago if I remember correctly.

You're right HS, Naomh Colmcille man if my memory serves. Omagh have got 2 hurling all stars, both of them back in the early 90s I think

Sorry, I was asking Take Your Points how many football All Stars Omagh CBS got this year.  John Mc Cullagh was one, I expect Ronan O' Neill got one as well.

clarshack

you could be the best colleges player in the last 50 years but if you are injured for the trials
you dont get an all star - a joke and farce of a system. if memory serves me correct raymond mulgrew single handedly dragged the academy to a hogan cup final in 2004 yet didnt get an allstar. these awards have no credibilty whatsoever until they are done right.

barelegs

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2010, 09:35:17 PM
Quote from: clarshack on December 17, 2010, 09:27:55 PM
you could be the best colleges player in the last 50 years but if you are injured for the trials
you dont get an all star - a joke and farce of a system. if memory serves me correct raymond mulgrew single handedly dragged the academy to a hogan cup final in 2004 yet didnt get an allstar. these awards have no credibilty whatsoever until they are done right.
Your memory isn't great. The Academy had some cracking players that year. Ronan McGurk, Damien McCaul, Marty Murray, Shane O'Hagan, Cathal O'Nell, James Grimley and Paul Forker all had as much of a hand in it.

That was a team that had James Lavery and Brendan Donaghy (albeit he'd suffered a bad injury at the start of the year) on the bench. Ciaran Donnelly captained that team if I remember rightly. Not a bad player either.

clarshack

aye but mulgrew was the main man and didnt get an allstar?

imagine peter canavan not getting an all-star in 1995.

saffron sam2

Quote from: clarshack on December 17, 2010, 09:47:27 PM
aye but mulgrew was the main man and didnt get an allstar?

imagine peter canavan not getting an all-star in 1995.

Aye, but Peter was 24 by then and St. Ciaran's didn't play Ulster Colleges.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

saffron sam2

Paul Sweeney (Carrickmore) got one in 1988, the first year of the awards. So the answer to your question is clearly No.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

duvet dave

It would be interesting to find out how many MacRory team captains in recent years were awarded All Stars as well.

TonesAbĂș

CBS got St Mary's Magherafelt in the quarter final draw

Mid Down Gael

BT MacRory Cup quarter-finals

Saturday 4 February

St Macartan's Monaghan v St Michael's Enniskillen

Friday 10 and Saturday 11 February

St Mary's Magherafelt v Omagh CBS

St Colman's Newry v Abbey CBS or St Michael's Lurgan

St Patrick's Dungannon v St Pat's Armagh