The Spider

Started by DirtyDozen12, August 06, 2010, 09:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Last night I was standing in the shower, I was washing my hair with VO5 Shampoo. Obviously when shampooing my hair I had my eyes closed, after rinsing my hair I opened my eyes to see a small house spider on the wall on front of me. There was water splashing from the shower and the spider was hanging on for dear life. At one stage it was clinging on by one leg. It battled back to get stable, I was so amazed by its will to survive that I splashed a bit more water to see how much he wanted it. Again the spider pulled through. He climbed out of trouble to the promise land at the top of the shower.

Tonight Matthew, I want to be that spider.............

The Spider  1
The World   0
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

the Deel Rover

was he there this morning  ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 06, 2010, 09:45:09 AM
was he there this morning  ?
#

I Showered last nigth before i went to bed, there is no need to shower again this morning, there is such thing as over washing, its not good for your hair your know, your hair has its own natural oils, over washing can seriously damage hair, please be more aware of this.  Also, in the area i live, its a hardwater area which again can be very hard on soft skin and dry it out quite badly if you overwash, a lor of moisturizer is therefore needed.  Again please be more aware of this in the future.  Thanks.

the Deel Rover

you could have checked to see if he was ok the poor mite
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 06, 2010, 09:52:23 AM
you could have checked to see if he was ok the poor mite

Dont think I'd have found him, he probably went on to bigger and better challenges, he really was an amazing spider.

blewuporstuffed

a touching & inspiring story
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

You probably put the shampoo bottle down on top of him.

illdecide

I had a spider in my shed and it was a big mother fu*ker...anyway we had a bond and i used to go and see him everyday, infact i used to catch insects for him and just before hid tragic death i had him taking the insects out of my hand. F**king amazing it was, all i had to do was hit his web a gentle tap and he'd be down in the middle of the web looking his lunch. There was this one day i caught him this black centipede (don't really know what it was, it was black and had about 40 legs) anyway i threw him into the web and my spider and him fought for an hour solid (amazing) until the spider had enough and threw him away so i squashed the we cowardly bastid and that was the end of the spider
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the Deel Rover

Quote from: illdecide on August 06, 2010, 10:14:52 AM
I had a spider in my shed and it was a big mother f**ker...anyway we had a bond and i used to go and see him everyday, infact i used to catch insects for him and just before hid tragic death i had him taking the insects out of my hand. F**king amazing it was, all i had to do was hit his web a gentle tap and he'd be down in the middle of the web looking his lunch. There was this one day i caught him this black centipede (don't really know what it was, it was black and had about 40 legs) anyway i threw him into the web and my spider and him fought for an hour solid (amazing) until the spider had enough and threw him away so i squashed the we cowardly bastid and that was the end of the spider

a spider whisperer in our midst , amazing story illdecide amazing
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Hereiam

I crossed paths with one of them "Chuck Norris" spiders before. You really have to see it to believe it.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hereiam on August 06, 2010, 10:40:37 AM
I crossed paths with one of them "Chuck Norris" spiders before. You really have to see it to believe it.

i thought they were called  larry reilly spiders
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Shrek

i found one of those in my shed the other day,  didnt try and make any sort of bond with it though..................i took a picture of it, then killed the big fecker.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Shrek on August 06, 2010, 10:53:51 AM
i found one of those in my shed the other day,  didnt try and make any sort of bond with it though..................i took a picture of it, then killed the big fecker.

If your really Shrek, then you would have ate the thing  :P

Puckoon

What is it with women freaking out about spiders. You come home and she'll say - there's a big spider in the bathtub, or there is a spider in the kitchen - I've trapped it under a glass.

If you can trap it under a glass you can kill the fecker.

lurganblue

Yep I get the texts to tell me that herself has trapped a spider under a glass and it'll be there for me when I get home. She won't kill them but waits for me to throw them outside. Surely she could throw it out herself?