2010 All Stars

Started by 5 Sams, August 03, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: INDIANA on October 13, 2010, 06:58:43 PM
Complete joke and has no credibility left.

Cant believe Mc Mahon didnt get one.

Canty had no business being nominated never mind getting one.

As good as he was in the final. Aiden Walsh shouldnt have got one either.

Cant believe John Galvin didnt get one

Keenan deserves his though.
Agree 100% Indiana. Big fan of Canty's but not this season especially considering he was injured from the quarter final onwards. Aidan Walsh played his best football in the final but John Galvin would eat him for breakfast considering the form he showed this season.

up tyrone

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 13, 2010, 08:50:33 PM

I couldn't work out how jordan got nominated never mind getting one
Dont know what you were watching in defeat nobody remembers the good preformances,i`d say the match against dublin was the best half back display of anybody in the c-ship his year.Who wud you have on on front of him?

crossfire

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 13, 2010, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: drici on October 13, 2010, 04:59:27 PM
1 Brendan McVeigh Down
2 Peter Kelly Kildare
3 Michael Shields Cork
4 Charlie Harrison Sligo
5 Paidi Kiissane Cork
6 Graham Canty Cork
7 Philip Jordan Tyrone
8 Paddy Keenan Louth
9 Aidan Walsh Cork
10 Daniel Hughes Down
11 Martin Clarke Down
12 Johnny Doyle Kildare
13 Colm Cooper Kerry
14. Bernard Brogan Dublin
15. Benny Coulter Down

Surprised Rory O'Carroll, Kevin McKernan and Emmet Bolton didn't make it but I suppose they had to get some Cork men in there somewhere. Is this the first time the AI winners haven't been out there on their own in terms of All-Stars? It's actually not a bad team as All-Stars go...

In 1991 Down only got 4 whilst Meath whom they beat in the final got 6.

omagh_gael

You obviously haven't watched many Tyrone games this year. He played well in every single one, scored in them all, or vast majority.

sammymaguire

Quote from: up tyrone on October 13, 2010, 08:56:57 PM

Dont know what you were watching in defeat nobody remembers the good preformances,i`d say the match against dublin was the best half back display of anybody in the c-ship his year.Who wud you have on on front of him?

I think Morgan O'Flaherty should feel hard done by as well as Emmett Bolton who had an outstanding year - Eamon Callaghan too for that matter
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

J OGorman

Quote from: southsidejohnny on October 13, 2010, 08:26:35 PM
What is it about Kildare that gets All Stars on a quiet year? They got three in 1997 for winning one match and losing a Leinster semi final. Journalists are like politicians, they throw things out to gain access and influence, Harrison of Sligo an All Star and Galvan from Limerick not? Its a joke. But it was long ago most people saw them for what they were. David Heaney from Mayo was outstanding all season in 2004 and had a poor final. Canty was injured all this season and had a good twenty minutes in the final and gets one, was it because he was Corks captain?. All Stars...more like All S****. How can Canty get one and Nicholas Murphy not get one? How come Donie Shine who's team actually won something in Connacht this year as opposed to a shower who were blinded by their own wind and letters from important people like TDs ! ,didnt get one?

explain the bit in bold if you get a minute

you cant please everyone sir. Canty is the obvious questionable recipient in fairness

Philip Jordan is the best half-back in the country and was a shoe in for an award

As someone said earlier, thats a serious front 6

ross4life

A good question on another forum..

When is the last time All-Ireland champions had no forwards selected on the All-Star team?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

And the other finalist had no defenders.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

Quote from: up tyrone on October 13, 2010, 08:56:57 PM

i would said bolton was better but i wouldnt have given peter kelly one

ONeill

I think that's Jordan's 4th All-Star.

Down, Tyrone and Galway joint 5th on 23 All-Stars.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 23, 2010, 01:02:17 PM
Think the 5 for Kildare is about right, Daryl Flynn would be the obvious omission for Kildare fans but not surprised as his profile isn't particulary high...

From the nominations I'd pick

1. Brendan McVeigh
2. Peter Kelly
3. Justin McMahon (Although I can see gerrymandering in play and  Shields getting the nod)
4. Rory O'Carroll
5. Graham Canty (will be sentimental I think)
6. Kevin McKernan
7. Emmet Bolton   (Although either Noel O'Leary/Paudie Kissane will be selected as this will be more gerrymandering to Cork)
8. Aidan Walsh
9. Paddy Keenan
10. Daniel Hughes
11. Paul Kerrigan
12. Johnny Doyle
13. Bernard Brogan
14. Benny Coulter
15. Donncha O'Connor

4 Cork
4 Down
3 Kildare (Think we'll end up with two)
2 Dublin
1 Tyrone
1 Louth

By the way I don't mind saying this anyway who doesn't realise how good a midfiielder Paddy Keenan is, is just ignorant. One of the top midfielders in Ireland the last 4 years.

9 right and knew Kildare would get two surprised by Harrison, Cooper, Walsh and Jordan though
#newbridgeornowhere

Kerry Mike

Well done Colm Cooper on another well deserved All Star but I'd say he will care little about it this week, winning the County Final next weekend with his Dr Crokes will be much higher on his agenda and the opportunity of becoming Kerry captain in 2011 a fitting reward for a great Kerry servant for the last 8 years.

Kieran Donaghy and Austin Stacks will have something to say about the destination of the Bishop Moynihan Cup and the Kerry armband too, and whoever wins we will have the Kerry Champions represented in the Munster Club this year for the first time in a long time as the last few county champions have all been divisional teams.

Well done to all winners in the All Stars.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ExiledGael

Don't understand how so many are surprised by Jordan's All-Star. Goes to show how you can never please people with these types of awards.
He was outstanding in every game, especially those in which Tyrone were struggling. The best half-back in the country this year.
Would have to agree about Canty though, token award to keep the Cork figures up and not create an even bigger storm.
You certainly can't accuse them of favouring the Dubs this year, MD MacAuley and less so McMahon unlucky.

shawshank

Cork wpn the All Ireland and the national league, the double, and they don't have an All star forward, balls. Goulding who was consistant all year, and puts in the big pressure performance when his team needed him most gets ignored, jez lads do ya know anything at all

corrected, stupid ballox, i am, but i still stand by my point

sammymaguire

Quote from: shawshank on October 13, 2010, 10:44:07 PM
Cork wpn the All Ireland and the national league, the double, went through the front door and they don't have an All star forward, balls. Goulding who was consistant all year, and puts in the big pressure performance when his team needed him most gets ignored, jez lads do ya know anything at all

Kerry beat Cork in Munster semi
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!