Sligo All Ireland Junior Champions 2010

Started by ross4life, August 02, 2010, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mano

Sligo team for Junior final.

1.Jason Farrell-Iason Ó Fearghail                               Gael na hAbhainn Mhóra

2.Donal McLynn-Donál Mac Fhlionn                        Naomh Eoin

3.David Rooney-Daithí Ó Ruanaidh                          Naomh Eoin

4.Luke Bree-Lucas Ó Bré                                           Cúl Iora/An Leathros

5.Eoin McHugh-Eoghan Mac Aodh                           Gael Naomh Mholaise

6.Adrian McItyre-Adrian Mac an tSaoir                    Tuairliostráin

7.Kevin Gallagher-Caoimhín Ó Gallachóir                 Clársigh an Iarthair

8.James Murphy-Seamas Ó Murchú                           Naomh Eoin

9.Paul McTiernan-Pól Mac Tiarnáin                           Naomh Mhicíl

10.Kieran Finan-Ciarán Ó Fionnán                             Cúil Áine/Mullach na Bréine

11.Pádraig McGoldrick-Pádraig MacGualraic           Naomh Mhicíl

12.Brendan Egan-Brendán Mac Aogáin                    Tuairliostráin

13.Cian McNamara-Cian Mac Conmara                     Naomh Eoin

14.Shane Stenson-Seaghan Mac Stibhín                    Naomh Eoin

15.David Maye-Daithí Ó Maidhaigh                          An Curraigh

16.Mark Touhy-Marcus Ó Tuathaigh                         Gael na Seamroige

17.Barry Cryan-Barra Ó Croidheáin                           Clársigh an Iarthair

18.Daniel Maye-Donal Ó Maidhaigh                         Tobar an Choire

19.Niall Walsh-Niall Breathnach                                Naomh Eoin

20.Mark Gordon-Marcus Mag Mhuirneacháin           Inis Eachra Abhainn/Cill                                                                                                                                                  Mholaise         

21.Benny McDonagh-Beircheart Mac Donnacha       Tobar an Choire

22.Brendan Mc Grath-Brendan Mac Craith               Iascaigh

23.Joe Quinn-Seosamh Ó Cuinn                             Gael na Seamroige

24.Michael Mac Gowan-Michéal Mac Gabhann        Naomh Fearnain

magpie seanie

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 11, 2010, 02:05:31 PM
Mike O'Donoghue is an excellent footballer. He scored Kerry's two goals in the u21 final against Kildare down in Thurles a few years ago. I was surprised he wasn't involved in their senior setup this summer.

MacGearailt was playing in Cork for a few years. He must be back playing with An Ghaeltacht now. I'd say Páidí still regrets taking him off in that Munster Final when he was giving Ó hÁilpín a roasting.

I didn't realise that An Ghaeltacht had gone down to intermediate. Maybe blanketattack can explain Kerry's selection system. You seemed to indicate that ye didn't pick lads from senior clubs but ye have two lads from Spa starting and one captaining and Spa are a senior club aren't they? Funnily enough there are actually more senior clubs in Sligo (12) than Kerry (11) because of your club system. Most of your intermediate clubs would be strong enough for SFC in Sligo and that seems to be where most of your team is drawn from. I've no doubt this will be a very strong Kerry team.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on August 19, 2010, 10:25:24 PM
Sligo team for Junior final.

1.Jason Farrell-Iason Ó Fearghail                               Gael na hAbhainn Mhóra

2.Donal McLynn-Donál Mac Fhlionn                        Naomh Eoin

3.David Rooney-Daithí Ó Ruanaidh                          Naomh Eoin

4.Luke Bree-Lucas Ó Bré                                           Cúl Iora/An Leathros

5.Eoin McHugh-Eoghan Mac Aodh                           Gael Naomh Mholaise

6.Adrian McItyre-Adrian Mac an tSaoir                    Tuairliostráin

7.Kevin Gallagher-Caoimhín Ó Gallachóir                 Clársigh an Iarthair

8.James Murphy-Seamas Ó Murchú                           Naomh Eoin

9.Paul McTiernan-Pól Mac Tiarnáin                           Naomh Mhicíl

10.Kieran Finan-Ciarán Ó Fionnán                             Cúil Áine/Mullach na Bréine

11.Pádraig McGoldrick-Pádraig MacGualraic           Naomh Mhicíl

12.Brendan Egan-Brendán Mac Aogáin                    Tuairliostráin

13.Cian McNamara-Cian Mac Conmara                     Naomh Eoin

14.Shane Stenson-Seaghan Mac Stibhín                    Naomh Eoin

15.David Maye-Daithí Ó Maidhaigh                          An Curraigh

16.Mark Touhy-Marcus Ó Tuathaigh                         Gael na Seamroige

17.Barry Cryan-Barra Ó Croidheáin                           Clársigh an Iarthair

18.Daniel Maye-Donal Ó Maidhaigh                         Tobar an Choire

19.Niall Walsh-Niall Breathnach                                Naomh Eoin

20.Mark Gordon-Marcus Mag Mhuirneacháin           Inis Eachra Abhainn/Cill                                                                                                                                                  Mholaise         

21.Benny McDonagh-Beircheart Mac Donnacha       Tobar an Choire

22.Brendan Mc Grath-Brendan Mac Craith               Iascaigh

23.Joe Quinn-Seosamh Ó Cuinn                             Gael na Seamroige

24.Michael Mac Gowan-Michéal Mac Gabhann        Naomh Fearnain

Have to say im happy with that selection. Excited to see how mcinytyre gets on and glad to see Egan back in the Black & white. Good to see Eoin starting aswell as he was outstanding against harps. I seen McGoldrick in a cast a few weeks ago so he must of made miraclous recovery, but after his connacht final performance im glad hes back. Its a strong FB line aswell so I cant see that team being easily beat.

Best of luck again.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

The Kerry No. 7 Brendan Guiney wasn't he the fella who Sean Boylan drafted into the International Rules panel a few years ago.

jpw1984ciarrai

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that because the Spa lads were playing intermediate last year they can still play for the juniors this year but not next year. Was pretty sure it worked like that

Onlooker

According to Aertel Sligo won the All Ireland Junior Football beating Kerry by 2-10 to 1-7.  Well done to them and to Sligonian and their other supporters on this forum.  It may not be the most important title but it is nice to win it at the same time and beating Kerry in the final makes it that bit better.

Zulu

Quote2.Brendan Egan-Brendán Mac Aogáin                    Tuairliostráin

Is that the Egan who played centre back for the seniors a few years ago? I thought he was outstanding but haven't heard of him in a while. Oh and congratulations on winning the All Ireland, the junior isn't an easy one to win.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on August 21, 2010, 04:52:27 PM
Quote2.Brendan Egan-Brendán Mac Aogáin                    Tuairliostráin

Is that the Egan who played centre back for the seniors a few years ago? I thought he was outstanding but haven't heard of him in a while. Oh and congratulations on winning the All Ireland, the junior isn't an easy one to win.

Thats him. He's a good player. Ex DCU.

ross4life

Well Done Sligo a nice way to finish 2010 season, i wonder how long it will take Sligonian to put All Ireland Champions under his name  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Congratulations to Sligo on winning the All Ireland Junior Title.

Some people (usually from the so called elitist counties) turn their noses up at even the mention of this competition.
I still remember the excitement in Roscommon when we beat Kerry in the 2000 Junior Final.

This title is the least that Sligo Gaa deserves this year, after the heartbreak of losing Connacht U-21 and Senior Finals.
They made a very positive contribution to the Gaa scene this year, and it's nice that they have something to put a smile on their faces.

It will be interesting to hear the views of Sligonian, Paddy, Seanie etc on how they think this win will be viewed in Sligo.
Will it be celebrated, or will it get a cool enough reception because of it's status in the greater scheme of things.

Anyway, well done Sligo.

ross matt

Delighted for Sligo. Important win. Positive note for Kevin Walsh to close out 2010.

SLIGONIAN

Just back, i think ross matt sums it up, it ends the season on a positive note, and as shrewdness says u21 and senior defeats still hurt deeply so much so i still cant bring myself to rewatch it but we mustnt live in the past and move on.

The junior title, its been beneficial to us as alot of lads in senior squad got games and showcase there talent. There is deadwood in the squad and there is clearly 4/5 lads on this that really havent got the chances they deserve this yr.

It was very good performance and we were comfortable most of the 2nd half and i'll go into in more detail tomorrow. I wont be celebrating it tonight for the record, tbh but i am happy no doubt.  Well done KW/selectors and all the players.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Peter Solan the Great

I must say say its a great little win for them. Well done Sligo.

magpie seanie

I'm very happy with the win. Its only our second All-Ireland ever and as was mentioned earlier beating Kerry in an All-Ireland final of any grade is not to be sniffed at (least of all by the previous poster). Ros won this in 2000 but more interestingly to me anyway, contested 3 of the last 4 finals before today. Its a decent level for bringing lads through and to my mind more relevant to senior championship that a NFL game in Feb or March. We've a few lads on this team that to be honest I wouldn't have rated as county material on their club form but they've shown enough at this level to be worth a further look. On top of that the return of Egan and addition of McIntyre are exciting propects for next year.

There won't be wild celebrations but its a good end to a season that promised a whole lot more.

Zulu

Quotethe return of Egan

Was he injured or away?