AISF 2010: An Dún vs Cill Dara

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: ross4life on August 30, 2010, 02:48:57 AM
2005 & 2009 All Ireland under 21 final defeats try telling Clarke, Rogers & others that they don't lose finals

I'm talking about the big ones...you wouldnt know much about that in fairness Ross4life ;)
The Aristocrat Years

ross4life

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 30, 2010, 02:59:41 AM
2005 & 2009 All Ireland under 21 final defeats try telling Clarke, Rogers & others that they don't lose finals

I'm talking about the big ones...you wouldnt know much about that in fairness Ross4life ;)

& i'm talking about some of these senior players know what it's like to lose All Ireland finals & BTW i was Croker in 1991 when we missed our chance in the "big one" i know how the kildare fans feel tonight..funny enough Down we would have played in final
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

5 Sams

Quote from: ross4life on August 30, 2010, 03:05:14 AM

& i'm talking about some of these senior players know what it's like to lose All Ireland finals & BTW i was Croker in 1991 when we missed our chance in the "big one" i know how the kildare fans feel tonight..funny enough Down we would have played in final

??? ??? You might want to try typing that again in the morning.. ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Mike Tyson

Doubt very much that Clarke would give two shits about losing the 2005 final as he had just lst the MacRory the day before and was probably still hungover.

ross4life

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 30, 2010, 03:11:43 AM

??? ??? You might want to try typing that again in the morning.. ;)

Fu*k sure it's late  :D but hey i think the only time Cork lost a final to a Ulster team was Derry 1993
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

rrhf

Congrats to Down yesterday.  Croke Park in September will be like 05 in reverse.  I feel the myth about this referees greatness is finished after today.  Its like this - either no 1 he took out kildare or 2 he is as blind as a bat. The cop out on the penalty was shocking, the umpiring was shocking and contributed to the officialdom mess.  If I was Kildare I would feel absolutely sick to the teeth today.  The game didnt deserve it, I felt Down were stunning but Kildare could have got something out but for the referee and umpires.  As it is its a great final, and delighted to see Down through but to me Mc Enaneys finished at that level.         

nrico2006

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 30, 2010, 02:39:50 AM
Just a few points through a drunken haze...I will tidy this up tomorrow.

Down got out of jail today. Benny's goal was a square ball and a Down player touched the ball in the wee square in the middle of the melee at the end..should have been a penalty..

Apart from that we were the better team and deserved to win.

Danny Hughes far and away man of the match.

If Marty Clarke stays in Ireland he has the potential to be the best footballer we have ever seen in Down.

Coulter's point at the end of the first half was fcukin sublime :o

We don't lose finals.

2003 Ulster Final?  2010 NFL Division 2 Final?

Alot of people seem to be sticking up for PME here, very different to what Sludden had dished against him after the Louth/Meath game when according to some here it should have been the umpire(s) who are in the firing line.  Again, alot of peole here musty have great hearing if they could hear that PME asked the umpires if it was a square ball and also heard that they told him it wasn't.  Ultimately though, PME can overrule their decisions if this was the case.  As for the Kildare goal and the number of steps taken, everybody who has any interest in the game knows that you get a few extra steps when some cynical lead booted defender tries to haul you down when you are clean through.  The correct decision here was to allow the goal, how can you solo or bounce the ball when you are being wrestled?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zapatista

QuoteAlot of people seem to be sticking up for PME here,

He made a balls of it. I've no idea what he was blowing for half the time. It looked like he was awarding frees for 'falling over while running'.

DoireGael

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 30, 2010, 09:02:52 AM
Just a few points through a drunken haze...I will tidy this up tomorrow.

Down got out of jail today. Benny's goal was a square ball and a Down player touched the ball in the wee square in the middle of the melee at the end..should have been a penalty..

Apart from that we were the better team and deserved to win.

Danny Hughes far and away man of the match.

If Marty Clarke stays in Ireland he has the potential to be the best footballer we have ever seen in Down.

Coulter's point at the end of the first half was fcukin sublime :o

We don't lose finals.

Think I had the best view in the house for that, directly behind him in the Hogan, get strike

Danny Hughes, if anyone wanted to know how to play wing forward, just 'player cam' that man.

To many pints in the big tree  :'(

Milltown Row2

Pat is a great ref. you cant judge a ref over one game. any fool who does that is thick. he favoured no team. the square ball was hard for him to call. was a long kick and he was in the right position. he asked his umpieres ffs! as for kildares goal he was again right. down were the better team for 60 minutes. i-d rather have pat referee than some of the other eejits out there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Zapatista

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2010, 09:27:15 AM
Pat is a great ref. you cant judge a ref over one game. any fool who does that is thick. he favoured no team. the square ball was hard for him to call. was a long kick and he was in the right position. he asked his umpieres ffs! as for kildares goal he was again right. down were the better team for 60 minutes. i-d rather have pat referee than some of the other eejits out there

FAir enough but he had a bad day yesterday. We all have them.

DoireGael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2010, 09:27:15 AM

Exactly, very little else he could have done.

BerfArmagh

Well done Down. Yesterdays game was a pulsating match and i throughly enjoyed it as a neutral. Fanatstic entertainment, both teams were a credit to the association. I felt sick for John Doyle who i consider to be one of the top forwards in the game. Kildare showed a never say die attitude and a draw would have been a fair result. That said i thought Down were outstanding today, coulter, clarke & co really stepped up today & i thought Downs defence were amazing, really putting their bodies on the line. What a finish to the game, pulsating. On the officials performance, i thought the disallowed point was incredible, it was clearly between the sticks & the goal was certainly a square ball. Though kildares goal was about 8/9 steps. However the goal was the crucial decision as it changed Downs whole demeanor. It was never going to be Kildares day, when you see teams hitting crossbars and posts it just is'nt mean't to be. I would blame the umpires more that PME, at least mc enaney consulted his umpires, unlike sludden. Those guts were half asleep yesterday. Good luck to down in the final

Tomorrow is another day

5 Sams - fair possibility that you will have to change your name come 19th September at risk of being confused with somone from Cavan and Ballyholland being confused with a crossroads bear Mullahorn lol