AISF 2010: Corcaigh vs Áth Cliath

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

The wonderful Dubs against the cute Corkonians  ;)

Canty will be a huge loss for the Cork men if he's not fit in time, possibly decisively so.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

clarshack

Dinny Breen

Anyways in most people eyes this is already the All-Ireland decider.

Cork's biggest strength, running at pace at players is probably Dublin's biggest defensive weakness as they concede an awful lot of fouls to this strong running, they've a lot work to do defensively so would probably favour Cork at the moment but very hard to call.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

PP:
Cork 4/6
Dublin 13/8

If Cork's current form continues then Dublin will definitely have a great chance. But the fear is that the real Cork will finally stand up.

If Cork beat Dublin, then I think they'll improve again and take Sam. A Dublin win would mean a very close final.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2010, 01:43:21 PM
Anyone in most people eyes this is already the All-Ireland decider.

Cork's biggest strength, running at pace at players is probably Dublin's biggest defensive weakness as they concede an awful lot of fouls to this strong running, they've a lot work to do defensively so would probably favour Cork at the moment but very hard to call.

Jaysus that's an early gambit for the 'yerra we've no hope at all' award. :D

Chris agus Snoop

I remember reading an interview where a Dublin player said that they were better off not meeting Cork in the league final as theyd get beaten easily. I wonder what think think now?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on August 02, 2010, 05:28:20 PM
I wonder what they think now?

I'd say that they don't think that at alll now -- they're in a much better place at this juncture than they were at that one, primarily psychologically. Their confidence in their 'system' now will be solid, and that allied to the workrate and application of this particular team will only bolster that confidence.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2010, 01:43:21 PM
Anyways in most people eyes this is already the All-Ireland decider.

I'd say Cork forwards are big enough that they are unlikely to fall over as easily as other teams forwards have done in the tackle...

heffo

Looking forward to this game. The whole thing is wide open now so all to play for.

We'll see Sunday fortnight whether Cork justified their inclusion in the big three - they have a superior spread of scoring forwards than us, their spine is stronger and are far more advanced in their development, but I don't fear them.

Haven't seen any odds or handicaps but I'd imagine Cork +3 or thereabouts..

tonto1888

if cork keep up their current form Dublin have a great chance of beating them. If cork can hit top form then i can only see them wonning

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sobering stats for the Dubs, from Gavin Cummiskey in today's Irish Times (Cummiskey's Piece)

Tyrone's defeat to Dublin, from a statistical perspective anyway, stems primarily from their 17 wides. They had 56 per cent of the possession, completed almost double the number of accurate passes and carried 117 times to Dublin's 74.

Although it's fair to say that because of the exclusively short kick-outs those stats aren't truly reflective, and Dublin would expect to secure more primary possession against Cork (from the longer kick-outs).

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2010, 09:22:11 PM
Sobering stats for the Dubs, from Gavin Cummiskey in today's Irish Times (Cummiskey's Piece)

Tyrone's defeat to Dublin, from a statistical perspective anyway, stems primarily from their 17 wides. They had 56 per cent of the possession, completed almost double the number of accurate passes and carried 117 times to Dublin's 74.

Although it's fair to say that because of the exclusively short kick-outs those stats aren't truly reflective, and Dublin would expect to secure more primary possession against Cork (from the longer kick-outs).

Is that a record for short kickouts (last Saturday ) ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

I would say so John, almost came off  ;)

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2010, 09:36:31 PM
I would say so John, almost came off  ;)

As I sat in the Canal  end in the first half I was amazed at the amount of work involved in getting the ball down to the other end . It allows the other team to back off and only tackle when the ball gets into the oter half . The one Tyrone player who looked dangerous all day was Mulligan .

Jinxy

Is there no one in Tyrone that could catch a ball around the middle?
If you were any use you'd be playing.