An Mhí v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 25, 2010, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Should be good. Bring it on!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

This is the draw I wanted but now I have it I don't want it aghhhhh
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 25, 2010, 06:52:05 PM
This is the draw I wanted but now I have it I don't want it aghhhhh
why - you'll never be in a better position to win !
Apart from the rossies, this is the next best draw you could have got!

Jinxy

We'll be doing well to keep the scoreline respectable.
Is it too early to start this?

Dinny Breen

Because it's Meath, no better side to shoot you down.

But your right it is Kildare's best draw, better than Roscommon because of the emotional baggage involved in that one.

Meath could be like a wounded animal after the grief they received after the Leinster final, saw their 2 games against Laois, very good in the 2nd not so great in the 1st, exceptionally finishing against Dublin but poor again against Louth.

Who knows what Meath will turn up, at least we are not playing them in Navan for a change, double header on Sunday with Kerry/Down would be nice...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Yeah I think they'll put us on with Kerra v Down.
Optimise the crowd both days.
The Dubs should all be climbing back on the bandwagon for next week.

Jinxy

By the way, I've always hated Kildare for some reason.

Hardy

A hard one to call. Kildare are on a bit of a roll and looked very good against Monaghan, whereas in our last match we ... well you know.

However, one of my most reliable maxims is that teams rarely produce two very good performances in a row, so that's a hurdle for Kildare to overcome.

Unfortunately, that doesn't apply in reverse and it's quite common for teams to produce two bad performances in a row.

I hope and expect the stuff of the last few weeks will galvanise this team and might just be the magic ingredient we've been looking for.

The civilised Kildare support will not be obnoxious to our players as some might be in the aftermath of Livelinegate. So there goes another advantage  :) .

Donnellys Hollow

Hard to know how good Meath are. Didn't put Laois away the first day but comfortably disposed of them in Tullamore. Went goal crazy on the Jackeens. Bit of a curate's egg performance in the Leinster Final. There'll surely be a backlash from them after the unfair flack they took after the Louth match and the sight of the Bán go leor should bring out the best of them.

Kildare have serious momentum behind them and I don't see any signs of fatigue. I wouldn't worry about JD's form but Dermot Earley's fitness is a concern. The Meath midfield wouldn't be the most mobile around but they're well able to field ball. We'll need another big game from Flynn.

Nearly always a cracker when they meet. Great memories of '97 and '98.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dubh driocht

Doesn't matter who wins this, Down will bate the pick of youse.

Jinxy

This is a Leinster thread.
Keep your pulling and dragging in the Ulster threads!

Dinny Breen

2003 was also a cracking game, Paddy Murray was fantastic that night (pity injury ruined his career).

The last time we met was 2007, Meath comfortable enough winners that day.

QuoteBy the way, I've always hated Kildare for some reason.

Sure ye feckers hate everyone  :D

Still Meath will be favourites and rightly so.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dubh driocht

Jinxy, you were put in your place last night. If you manage to sneak past Mc Geeney's Kildare, with you star-man Crawford a Down-man, there will only be one team pullin and draggin on 29th August. ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 25, 2010, 07:45:21 PM
2003 was also a cracking game, Paddy Murray was fantastic that night (pity injury ruined his career).

The last time we met was 2007, Meath comfortable enough winners that day.

QuoteBy the way, I've always hated Kildare for some reason.

Sure ye feckers hate everyone  :D

Still Meath will be favourites and rightly so.

Nah, Kildare definitely have the momentum.
Sure we are in emotional turmoil since the Leinster final.