An Mhí v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 25, 2010, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Can we stop talking about hot zones now?
I'm trying to get a row going with the Flourbags.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

commonsense

What he could have done is just give us the figures from a couple of games, say the round 3 or 4 qualifiers. What is the percentage chance of a shot going over from inside the "Hotzone" (ridiculous name by the way), and what does that percentage drop to when a shot is taken from outside that zone. That'd be interesting. They could've been working that out instead of making daft graphics.

Jinxy

There's something about all-white gear.
It just doesn't look manly I think.

Dinny Breen

Look like its a Sunday game at 4pm, extra days recovery for Kildare, not that we need it and also the Rossies and Cork on the same bill. Hopefully we'll see a Kildare/Roscommon double..
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Quote from: commonsense on July 26, 2010, 11:56:33 AM
What he could have done is just give us the figures from a couple of games, say the round 3 or 4 qualifiers. What is the percentage chance of a shot going over from inside the "Hotzone" (ridiculous name by the way), and what does that percentage drop to when a shot is taken from outside that zone. That'd be interesting. They could've been working that out instead of making daft graphics.

It'd suit them better to learn the basic rules and not be making tits of themselves on commentaries.

The Sunday Game studio is one big Twatzone.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2010, 11:57:56 AM
There's something about all-white gear.
It just doesn't look manly I think.

That's the problem with you Meath men you're afraid to embrace your metrosexuality
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

This is embarrassing. I can't find anything nasty to say about Kildare.  I used to hate their football in the Micko and subsequent basketball days. These days I nearly like them and their manly ways (apart from the bleached duds).

AZOffaly

I'm the same Hardy. I like Johnny Doyle, Dermot Earley, Alan Smith, Kavanagh and co. There's no Martin Lynch anymore to mock for his snorkelling like approach, or even a Micko. It's tough I tell you.

Jinxy

Yeah I find it hard to say nasty things about them too since Martin Lynch retired.
At least I'm trying though.

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2010, 11:58:47 AM
Look like its a Sunday game at 4pm, extra days recovery for Kildare, not that we need it and also the Rossies and Cork on the same bill. Hopefully we'll see a Kildare/Roscommon double..

Good man Dinny and hopefully both things come to pass.
We need a big picture of Dermot up on the screen to get us going.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Of course I should be buggering off to an 'Also Rans' thread anyway, so it's immaterial :D

Dinny Breen

Joe Sheridan is 5/1 to be the first try scorer, could be worth a punt.
#newbridgeornowhere

commonsense

What do people think about the last time Meath played Kildare a couple of months ago in Navan. I thought Kildare were poor enough that day and we won it by 5 or 6 points I think. That's why I was surprised to hear the SG tipping them to win. But I supppose league form counts for little.

Jinxy

The whole country will be cheering for Kildare.
We're all on our own again.
Just like old times.

Hardy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
Joe Sheridan is 5/1 to be the first try scorer, could be worth a punt.

You know that thing that goes "Ahooooogah - Ahooooogah " on QI?

Minus 10 for Dinny.