All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: downredblack on July 30, 2010, 09:02:45 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 30, 2010, 08:32:01 PM
You're mad in the head Indiana.

Kerry have three exceptional fowards and in Marc O Se, one outstanding defender.

The rest of them are no better or worse than 90% of county players.

Kerry had 9 top class players last summer and were an exceptional team for it. But this is a different vintage. Some people just see green and gold then go google eyed.

Down have no good defenders , an average midfield and 3 good forwards. And you think that will beat kerry? Ther eis only one person mad in the head mate and it ain't me. This isn't 1991 or 1968. You'd want to fast forward a bit.

Who was telling ye this ? Pat Spillane or Martin McHugh ? our defence has come on alot this year , have a look at our scores against tally in the league . An average midfield ? Ambrose would get onto any team in the country and Kalum King has had a brilliant first year and will only get better . I have no worries about our forwards if they click there are as good as most . How many times have you seen Down play Indiana ? or is your opinion based on what you read in the papers . Anyway hope the lads do themselves justice tomorrow ,  go out and give it everything . James's first year can only go down as a success .

Down are tier 2. Tomorrow they are playing a tier one side and will lose. By 7-8 points in my view. It doesn't take much for down fans to lose the run of themselves. Big wins over Sligo mean nothing at this level.

downredblack

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 09:13:24 PM
Quote from: downredblack on July 30, 2010, 09:02:45 PM

Kerry have three exceptional fowards and in Marc O Se, one outstanding defender.

Kerry had 9 top class players last summer and were an exceptional team for it. But this is a different vintage. Some people just see green and gold then go google eyed.

Down have no good defenders , an average midfield and 3 good forwards. And you think that will beat kerry? Ther eis only one person mad in the head mate and it ain't me. This isn't 1991 or 1968. You'd want to fast forward a bit.

Who was telling ye this ? Pat Spillane or Martin McHugh ? our defence has come on alot this year , have a look at our scores against tally in the league . An average midfield ? Ambrose would get onto any team in the country and Kalum King has had a brilliant first year and will only get better . I have no worries about our forwards if they click there are as good as most . How many times have you seen Down play Indiana ? or is your opinion based on what you read in the papers . Anyway hope the lads do themselves justice tomorrow ,  go out and give it everything . James's first year can only go down as a success .

Down are tier 2. Tomorrow they are playing a tier one side and will lose. By 7-8 points in my view. It doesn't take much for down fans to lose the run of themselves. Big wins over Sligo mean nothing at this level.

Your right Down are a tier 2 team but an improving one at that . I don't think anyone is running away with themselves we know Kerry in a massive ask but not one that this team will shrink from . I'm sure the lads will give it everything and that's all that the Down fans will expect from them .

I have never seen Down concede 5 goals in a championship game , I have seen them score five though .

INDIANA

You couldn't beat armagh in CP this year. Having seen how poor armagh are I know who my money is on tomorrow. Kerry will be more up for this game then people realise having never beaten Down before. I don't think people realise at times how good this kerry side are. The clap trap emanating from the North is that because they haven't beaten tyrone (yet) that their legacy is somehow tarnished.The fact is tyrone have lost to teams in the championship kerry wouldn't lose to if they tried
When the shit hits the fan there is no side in the country better at digging a result out.
Down have had a decent year and have a good manager in my view. But the gap between tier one and two is grand canyon esque in my opinion.

downredblack

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 09:37:33 PM
You couldn't beat armagh in CP this year. Having seen how poor armagh are I know who my money is on tomorrow. Kerry will be more up for this game then people realise having never beaten Down before. I don't think people realise at times how good this kerry side are. The clap trap emanating from the North is that because they haven't beaten tyrone (yet) that their legacy is somehow tarnished.The fact is tyrone have lost to teams in the championship kerry wouldn't lose to if they tried
When the shit hits the fan there is no side in the country better at digging a result out.
Down have had a decent year and have a good manager in my view. But the gap between tier one and two is grand canyon esque in my opinion.

Come on Indiana , we can all have a bad day out (Meath) one game does not define a team . We also beat Armagh this year so it is 1-1 on that front . To tell you the truth I could care less what Tyrone do, so I don't see what relevance your comments about Tyrone have to this thread .
The gap between tier 1 and 2 remains to be seen , I just cant understand how you know for certain that the gap is as big as you think .

Onlooker

Of course, Kerry have to be strong favourites for to-morrow and they should win, but Down have some fine players.   IMO their midfield is a good deal better than you rate them, Indiana.  Ambrose Rodgers and Kalum King are a solid pairing and I would expect them to win the midfield battle.  Danny Hughes, Benny Coulter and Marty Clarke are top class forwards and will trouble the Kerry defence.  Kerry's big 3 forwards, Cooper, Donaghy and Declan O'Sullivan are outstanding players and will probably be the match winners for Kerry.  However if Dan Gordon is a success at full back and his fellow defenders rise to their task it could be very interesting indeed.  Looking forward to a good game anyway.

5 Sams

You obviously havent seen Damien Rafferty playing football.
The Aristocrat Years

All of a Sludden

The nordies are losing the run of themselves again  ::)
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Fear ón Srath Bán

(Down) lads, if you want to check out INDIANA's forecasting credentials, look no further than the Dublin vs Tyrone '08 thread  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2010, 10:14:15 PM
(Down) lads, if you want to check out INDIANA's forecasting credentials, look no further than the Dublin vs Tyrone '08 thread  :D

If i were you then I'd be very afraid considering my prediction for tomorrow :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 10:15:51 PM

;)

But I am, and all of my myriad hats will be for the tipping Sir this time tomorrow evening should your erring predictions once again come to fruition  ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2010, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 10:15:51 PM

;)

But I am, and all of my myriad hats will be for the tipping Sir this time tomorrow evening should your erring predictions once again come to fruition  ;)

I won't be seen till Tuesday morning if my predictions go arseways tomorrow. I'll be on a session :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 10:20:25 PM
I won't be seen till Tuesday morning if my predictions go arseways tomorrow. I'll be on a session :D

If that's how it works out, let me know where you are and I'll join you. Nothing else for it.

thewobbler

Indiana, so what you're saying is a 'tier one' team can lose 40% of it's starting line up and still be streets ahead of a division one side? This is a decent Kerry side with bags of experience and a few match winners, but no more than that.

All of a Sludden

thewobbler do you honestly think that Down will be within an asses roar of Kerry tomorrow? I am all for supporting the underdog, but I am expecting a very one sided game tomorrow. I am hoping the second game tomorrow will be a bit closer.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Donnellys Hollow

The likes of Tom O'Sullivan, Mike McCarthy and Killian Young are great defenders who would walk on to nearly every county team. They have All-Ireland medals and All-Stars falling out of their arse pockets.

They will be missing the best footballer in the country tomorrow (Tomás Ó Sé IMO) but O'Mahoney is a fairly handy replacement - man of the match in two All-Ireland finals. Even with the likes of Darragh Ó Sé, Tommy Walsh, Diarmuid Murphy and Tadhg Kennelly gone from last year they still have an exceptional team with the knowledge of how to win big games in Croke Park.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?