All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2010, 11:13:10 PM
The juxtaposition of the bravado of the Dublin lads on this board in the Dublin vs Tyrone quarter-final  '08 against the corresponding fixture of 2010 is nothing short of breathtaking; how could those so full of hubris be reduced to the crumbling wrecks of circumspection and fragility that they now find their footballing egos to be inextricably lodged in?

I wish, as a Tyrone-exiled and Dublin-domiciled, I could empathise and identify fully with the predicament of being brought sharply back to footballing reality, where the ultimate win in 1995 through the twin mechanisms of both a player overstaying his legal time on the pitch and a perfectly valid equalising point being denied by the honest incompetency of an honest referee, was seen by the vast majority of Jacks as nothing more than the rightful restitution of a dubious footballing hierarchy and restoration of an even more dubious natural order!

Alas, those same Dubliners, the fantastic colour and beautiful and unrivalled cacophony notwithstanding, have no idea of the torture that some Tyronies have had to endure over the years. Like the humiliation in 1984, when as a young lad with a full head of (now seemingly magically) coloured hair, how I watched as those 'brutes' of Dublin men made a bee-line for the Hill 16 end to warm up, despite the fact that our 'brave'   ;) Tyrone lads were already there; OK, they weren't much good in the game itself afterwards (minor detail), the psychology these days doesn't bear comparison, but to hear some of the Dubs now complain about  the 'Trash-Talk' and the rest... yeah, right. Oh, the arrogance, bastids!

Well Dublin, what went around has come around (eventually), and ye know ye feckers, the result is almost an irrelevance tomorrow – it's been some fun hearing the silence in the Capital this week. That's a sound I am most unaccustomed to, despite having spent 13 Julys here at various times.  And it's also why I'll have no sympathy whatsofcukinever if we turn you over in Croke once again. Your lads shouldn't have been the insufferable bullies they were in 1984, not to mention the cheats of '95  ;)!

;D

The good Friday Agreement was signed mate. You need to let it go. Funny reading that.

Family guy

Just back from bookies took a wee piece of sean cavanagh firts goalscorer,in my opinion the best footballer in Ireland up against a new inexperienced fullback who hasnt come up against much this year to date,think thats were tyrone will win the game with mcguigan putting them into cavanagh in the wide open spaces of croker were brian and sean seem to perform best,countdown is now on.......................

Fuzzman

Just on the bus heading in now. Good luck to both teams and may the best team on the day win. Its raining again

drici

Dublin 0-01 Tyrone 0-00

drici

Dublin 0-02 Tyrone 0-00

Maguire01

drici

Dublin 0-03 Tyrone 0-00

Hardy

Same scenario again - ring-rustiness vs. momentum?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

drici

Dublin 0-03 Tyrone 0-01

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 31, 2010, 04:07:03 PM
O'Gara is "impish" according to Canning.  :D

On the other hand Canning is gimpish.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Dublin's physical power gonna be a factor here.