All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Jeez what a combination of tradition and nouveaux riche on Saturday!  therell be Down men, pockets stuffed with mildewey punts from under the bed, stored from the last time they were in Dublin, Kerry men who'll be saving every penny for the annual all ireland weekend with their lo-cost ham sandwiches, Tyrone men who have eveything mortgaged to the hilt producing iou's to all who'll take them,  and the dubs who cant get credit from anywhere, with nothing in their pockets, but  photocopies of euros gone by.  I would fancy trying to sell that lot burgers...

ONeill

...and Tyrone the cheeky upstarts.

Kerry - 36
Dublin  - 22
Down - 5
Tyrone - 3

On the other side of the draw

Meath - 7
Cork - 6
Kildare - 4
Roscommon - 2
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2010, 06:05:41 PM

Kerry - 36
Dublin  - 22
Down - 5
Tyrone - 3

Meath - 7
Cork - 6
Kildare - 4
Roscommon - 2

Yeah, but in the modern era...

...and Dublin and Down the cheeky upstarts.

Kerry - 4
Tyrone - 3
Dublin  - 0
Down - 0

Meath - 0
Cork - 0
Kildare - 0
Roscommon - 0

;) :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Pups

Oh yeh we mustn't forget to only count from the years Tyrone started winning AI's. How silly of us!! :-\

Kerry Mike

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 28, 2010, 06:43:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2010, 06:05:41 PM

Kerry - 36
Dublin  - 22
Down - 5
Tyrone - 3

Meath - 7
Cork - 6
Kildare - 4
Roscommon - 2

Yeah, but in the modern era...

...and Dublin and Down the cheeky upstarts.

Kerry - 4
Tyrone - 3
Dublin  - 0
Down - 0

Meath - 0
Cork - 0
Kildare - 0
Roscommon - 0

;) :D

2000,2004,2006,2007,2009 = 5 in the Modern era in anyone's book, or are we talking about when a football was kicked over the Armagh county bounds to Tyrone in 2003.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Cde

I thought Jack O Connor didnt count 06 and 07

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 07:36:37 PM
2000,2004,2006,2007,2009 = 5 in the Modern era in anyone's book, or are we talking about when a football was kicked over the Armagh county bounds to Tyrone in 2003.

Good man KM, although I was expecting a more vicious bite  ;)

I would count 2001 as the first year of the current Millennium (I know Y2K was celebrated as the beginning, but it actually wasn't the beginning, it was the end of the previous -- there was no year zero, except in Pol Pot's Cambodia).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote"The fall-out left me on the brink of retirement. It was the most disappointing and upsetting day of my years refereeing. It wasn't just the players who were on edge. The crowd also seemed geared up and there was a worryingly bad atmosphere. The stewards were local and there was no police presence. That was frightening," recalled Russell.

Look, lets call a spade a spade. Tyrone have thuggish crowds which we also witnessed, it wasn't just Dublin.

Aaron Boone

Mike Sheehy

louth were robbed of a Leinster title. The battle of Omagh and the game against us were just league games.
No excuse for that kind of behavior. You can tell that its more of a soccer crowd that ye have up there.

ONeill

Ach away over to the Kerry thread with ye. Your obsession with everything Tyrone reinforces the argument that Tyrone are the ghost that won't go away. Get over it. Even if the Dubs win on Saturday it still reads: Mickey Harte 3 Any Kerry manager/team 0

Club Rossa

And remind me again,was it a Tyrone supporter or a Kerry supporter that attacked Paidi on the sideline after we humiliated you in 03?
Roughest type of f**king animals :D

doohersarmy

see kevin mcstay tips the redhands on saturday, in the evening herald quoting 'Tyrone a step too far the Dubs', i'd be worried we are been set up for a fall.

How the tables have turn since 2008, tyrone quoted at 4/9 & the dubs 9/4 against by paddy power similar odds were being bet against Tyrone then.  i'd rather be the underdog

Kerry Mike

Quotei'd rather be the underdog

The second placed team of the last decade should be used to being favourites , its par for the course if you claim to be one of the greats.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

There's no doubt that Tyrone are facing new territory v Dublin in terms of playing in Croker as favourites against the hosts. But you have to think - if you want to be a really great team, this shouldn't matter. Kerry are lumbered with the favourites tag in every game. Tyrone are favourites because they have the pedigree.

Optimist:

Tyrone are light years ahead of Dublin in terms of development. Perhaps the Jacks won't concede as much as in the past but in terms of 1-15 Tyrone are on a different planet as regards ability and know-how.

Pessimist:

Cork was the game that told us this Tyrone side were done. They have been relegated since and won a very poor Ulster competition. Dublin will be the final nail in a few coffins.