The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyCake on June 29, 2014, 11:57:20 PM
That's what they get for inventing gayness.

;D

Insurance bet paid out. Match to go to pens 7-2.

Syferus

Great moment. Navas was absolutely immense. Packie Bonner times ten.

ONeill

Campbell no great shakes. Plenty of lamb-like energy but stupid.

Robben is a brilliant player. The diving is a bugger but he's carrying the Dutch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

The diving is a bugger? It's a fecking disgrace. Cheated a team out of a QF place. You can't defend that. Seriously, a 4 month ban.

Wildweasel74

Mexico weren't good enough to go through just like Chile the nite before, you cant score 1 goal and defend your hearts out and expect that to be enough to defeat opponents and win a world cup, that's the shit we always used to criticise the English about, some say Chile were better than Brazil, well unfortunately they didn't put it on the board and that what counts.

Brazil had more chances, just not a striker worth a damn to do any thing about it, Holland wilted in 39 degree heat, who the hell wouldn't, but Have the players to bring back a world cup, Mexico weren't better than them, but could take the conditions better than the Dutch. As for Robben diving he does, just like Xavi, Neymar, Ronaldo, the list goes on, for the penalty, Martinez only has himself to blame putting the foot into the challenge when he had him covered, he actually give away a penalty in the first which wasn`t given by doing the same.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on June 30, 2014, 12:49:39 AM
The diving is a bugger? It's a fecking disgrace. Cheated a team out of a QF place. You can't defend that. Seriously, a 4 month ban.

This is the second time you've posted this. It happens, he should have got one earlier. These things have a way of evening themselves out;-)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2014, 07:36:25 AM

This is the second time you've posted this. It happens, he should have got one earlier. These things have a way of evening themselves out;-)

if that wasn't said tongue in cheek, then i think its a ridiculous statement. 

Cheating is worse than what suarez done. Robben is a total and utter cheat, should be banned each and every time he does it, along with all the others who do it no matter what club they play for.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on June 30, 2014, 09:51:20 AM

Cheating is worse than what suarez done. Robben is a total and utter cheat, should be banned each and every time he does it, along with all the others who do it no matter what club they play for.

Where do we draw the line on cheating? call for corners when they clearly aren't, line balls? Handballs? should the referee book every player who gets up after a foul (considering he rolled 5/6 times) and sprints into the next tackle. I'm all for that but it won't happen unfortunately, even in Gaelic games now

ludermor

What a ridiculous statement ! It was a clear penalty, it was a stupid tackle by Marquez and he definitely caught Robben who most definitely made the most of it. Robben should have had at least one other penalty as well.....

Megaman

Quote from: ludermor on June 30, 2014, 10:42:01 AM

What a ridiculous statement ! It was a clear penalty, it was a stupid tackle by Marquez and he definitely caught Robben who most definitely made the most of it. Robben should have had at least one other penalty as well.....

If you where referring to my comment, i did not mention any incident, i was talking about diving / cheating - looking for a penalty.

Which btw can be dealt with retrospectively with IMO a banning !!!

Rossie11

It was never a peno. Marquez has his foot planted in the ground and Robben dived over it.. Shocking stuff..
He should have got one in the 1st half but so should Mexico for the kick in the head challenge..

Canalman

Will shortly be looking for a new telly as I am fit to put my foot through it if I hear again  the "there was contact" comment from a pundit after an incident. Since when did football become non contact.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 30, 2014, 11:18:02 AM

It was never a peno. Marquez has his foot planted in the ground and Robben dived over it.. Shocking stuff..
He should have got one in the 1st half but so should Mexico for the kick in the head challenge..

Very true

Shrewdness

Would be nice to see Van Persie and Van Gaal bringing World Cup Winners medals back to Old Trafford with them.