The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Robben has admitted diving in the first half. I'd like to see a change in the rules that if a player goes down theatrically, he doesn't get the decision regardless(similar to the NBA flopping rule) and also the onus should be on the attacker to try to stay on his feet. If it looks like he went down too easily, no foul.

This behaviour filters down through the levels as well. I saw my 5 year old nephew at training, and they were all falling down and rolling around the place holding their faces any time they were touched. It was funny but terrible too.

muppet

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 30, 2014, 03:15:11 PM
Robben has admitted diving in the first half. I'd like to see a change in the rules that if a player goes down theatrically, he doesn't get the decision regardless(similar to the NBA flopping rule) and also the onus should be on the attacker to try to stay on his feet. If it looks like he went down too easily, no foul.

This behaviour filters down through the levels as well. I saw my 5 year old nephew at training, and they were all falling down and rolling around the place holding their faces any time they were touched. It was funny but terrible too.

I propose that a player found guilty of diving gets a period (say a month) imposed whereby he cannot be awarded a free or penalty in any circumstances. While sceptics may think it would lead to people kicking the crap out of the likes of Robben, for entire matches, I wouldn't see a problem with that.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I dunno. I like your tutu idea from the black card thread.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 30, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

The tutu would only work in Gaa.

If Robben wore a tutu no one would notice, it would actually seem right.
MWWSI 2017

NAG1

Quote from: muppet on June 30, 2014, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 30, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

The tutu would only work in Gaa.

If Robben wore a tutu no one would notice, it would actually seem right.

+1

Therein lies the problem, he is one of the stand out players of the tournament so far and yet what is the first thing we think about when he is mentioned.

His own worst enemy, but I'm he wont care if the dutch keep going.

Bingo

Special guest panellist on the RTE panel today - only the Great Colm Cooper! This will be interesting. The purists will be burning their Kerry jerseys after this.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on June 30, 2014, 03:53:54 PM
Special guest panellist on the RTE panel today - only the Great Colm Cooper! This will be interesting. The purists will be burning their Kerry jerseys after this.

Good Red.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on June 30, 2014, 04:04:56 PM

Good Red.

Racist or Hairist or whatever that is  >:(

Milltown Row2

Nigeria are doing all the attacking, couple of chances for France but Nigeria don't look out of place here, heat big factor also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on June 30, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

Good Red.

Tell that to the supporters of that American football team based in Washington DC.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on June 30, 2014, 05:29:24 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 30, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

Good Red.

Tell that to the supporters of that American football team based in Washington DC.

The Rednecks?

rodney trotter

2-0 Greizmann

Pogba's goal was the 146th goal of this World Cup, surpassing the ENTIRE total from the 2010 World Cup with 11 games to spare

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me