The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2014, 02:28:14 PM
Quote from: maldini on June 25, 2014, 02:18:05 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2014, 02:13:31 PM
i'm not defending suarez and yes i think he should get an appropiate ban - but why has no-one mentioned that the italians have now gotten 2 of the best players in the world at that particular time (the other player is zidane) to snap in crucial world cup games. it would be interesting to know how much provocation suarez received throughout the game before the incident - not that there is any excuse for biting.

it seems forgotten already that the tackle from Marchisio had the potential to be a leg breaker yet no-one is calling for a 2 year ban for him?

also the fact that Chiellini has called suarez a sneak is very ironic indeed.

there are 2 sides to every story but the british media are firmly focused on one side.

Why do people keep bringing up the media?

Suarez has bitten 3 footballers on the pitch in the last 4 years and the media have reported on it as is to be expected.
It isn't the media's fault he's an animal

i know that but it seems the english press want him banned for 2 years.  in the rte studio after the game none of the panelists seemed to be making a big deal of it and none of them thought that he would be banned.

Calling for a 2 year ban is way OTT. I would think 15 to 20 games including all competitions would be more appropriate. 2 years blanket ban is career ending and that would be unfair.

gallsman

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2014, 02:31:25 PM
He also behaved shamefully against Ghana in the 2010 World Cup, racially abused an opponent, and is a habitual diver.

Whatever about Suarez, the fact this keeps being brought up is ridiculous. He is a professional footballer who did what needed to be done to win his team that match. He was caught for his professional foul and punished appropriately. Nobody moaned when Robbie Keane was scoring ridiculously awarded penalties.

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 03:06:30 PM
Calling for a 2 year ban is way OTT. I would think 15 to 20 games including all competitions would be more appropriate. 2 years blanket ban is career ending and that would be unfair.

::)

clarshack

a 6 month ban at international level would be adequate imo.

Mayo4Sam

More conclusive evidence

I say a lifetime ban in Spain
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

rodney trotter

What a start to the Argentina - Nigeria game

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: deiseach on June 25, 2014, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 03:06:30 PM

::)
What about putting mustard on his tongue? It stopped my young lad biting other children when he was a kid

Shrewdness

Plenty of Liverpool fans surfacing on the Last few pages defending the sporting standards of their 'hero'.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2014, 07:49:40 PM
Plenty of Liverpool fans surfacing on the Last few pages defending the sporting standards of their 'hero'.

Luis Suarez is a latter day Frankie, we shouldn't be so quick to judge.

;D

J70

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2014, 07:49:40 PM

Who? I haven't seen anyone defend what Suarez did.

Shrewdness

J70, i didn't specifically mention yesterday. Go back and check my second last post.

Capt Pat

Enough talk of the Suarez incident, back to the football. Messi was top class against Nigeria. Argentina won it 3-2.

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2014, 08:20:57 PM
J70, i didn't specifically mention yesterday. Go back and check my second last post.
It's boring enough having to read your posts once why would anyone want to read them a second time....
How's the cousins btw? They've gone very quiet on the transfer front.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shrewdness

Laoislad, they're not queit at all. Good for you if you find my posts boring. I'm just giving my opinion. Not bothered who finds it boring.

J70

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2014, 08:20:57 PM

Diving and the handball against Ghana?

Diving is cheating, yes, but its part of the game now and will be until retrospective punishment is finally introduced. No team has clean hands on that front. At least Suarez cleaned up his act somewhat last season.

The handball.... He took one for the team, a red card which cost himself a semi final spot. Ghana also got a PENALTY. It wasn't Suarez's fault Gyan missed. Had Gyan scored, the incident would probably never be mentioned again.