The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2014, 08:25:26 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 24, 2014, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.

Haven't seen much of Argentina - Have they been better than Brazil?

They haven't set the world alight so far but still getting results.  Think they will really click in the knock-out rounds, its a change from them blowing their load in the group stages so far.

They last did that in '02. Hardly a frequent occurrence for these players.

EC Unique

ballinaman

EC Unique

He is being brought in to make a statement as we speak! :-X

meatsy86

Quote from: ballinaman on June 25, 2014, 10:03:17 AM
I think some sort of bite scale should be created....some sort of instrument to measure the depth of any perceived teeth mark, so we could assess a graze, nibble, chomp and ban accordingly....
Also 3D imagery could be used to match up teeth marks to the teeth of an accused player. The refs watch could beep the same way it does for when goal line technology comes into play.

I do believe something along the lines of bite mark technology could be required....

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10371453_513370728808464_945586249559587216_n.jpg

What yous think?

Orior

In a clever attempt to deflect the heat from Suarez, and apols if posted already.

Cameraman pushes idiot out of the way to get shot of gorgeous girl....

http://balls.ie/football/gif-pervy-cameraman-nudges-fan-way-get-better-angle/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

clarshack

i'm not defending suarez and yes i think he should get an appropiate ban - but why has no-one mentioned that the italians have now gotten 2 of the best players in the world at that particular time (the other player is zidane) to snap in crucial world cup games. it would be interesting to know how much provocation suarez received throughout the game before the incident - not that there is any excuse for biting.

it seems forgotten already that the tackle from Marchisio had the potential to be a leg breaker yet no-one is calling for a 2 year ban for him?

also the fact that Chiellini has called suarez a sneak is very ironic indeed.

there are 2 sides to every story but the british media are firmly focused on one side.

highorlow

Quoteit would be interesting to know how much provocation suarez received throughout the game before the incident - not that there is any excuse for biting.

Why are you asking then?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

maldini

Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2014, 02:13:31 PM
i'm not defending suarez and yes i think he should get an appropiate ban - but why has no-one mentioned that the italians have now gotten 2 of the best players in the world at that particular time (the other player is zidane) to snap in crucial world cup games. it would be interesting to know how much provocation suarez received throughout the game before the incident - not that there is any excuse for biting.

it seems forgotten already that the tackle from Marchisio had the potential to be a leg breaker yet no-one is calling for a 2 year ban for him?

there are 2 sides to every story but the british media are firmly focused on one side.

Why do people keep bringing up the media?

Suarez has bitten 3 footballers on the pitch in the last 4 years and the media have reported on it as is to be expected.
It isn't the media's fault he's an animal

clarshack

Quote from: maldini on June 25, 2014, 02:18:05 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2014, 02:13:31 PM

Why do people keep bringing up the media?

Suarez has bitten 3 footballers on the pitch in the last 4 years and the media have reported on it as is to be expected.
It isn't the media's fault he's an animal

i know that but it seems the english press want him banned for 2 years.  in the rte studio after the game none of the panelists seemed to be making a big deal of it and none of them thought that he would be banned.

Shrewdness

He also behaved shamefully against Ghana in the 2010 World Cup, racially abused an opponent, and is a habitual diver.

clarshack

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2014, 02:31:25 PM
He also behaved shamefully against Ghana in the 2010 World Cup, racially abused an opponent, and is a habitual diver.

he banged in 2 against england so he can't be all bad ;D

AZOffaly

How did he behave shamefully against Ghana? By stopping a shot with his hands, and giving away a penalty thus getting himself sent off? I think that one falls under 'taking one for the team'.

I also think his diving has become a lot less prevalent over the last few years. How many times have we seen him bundle the ball through tackles and keep on his feet, determined to score? He does that more than anyone.

However, he's a lunatic on the pitch, with serious issues when he loses control, and biting people is inexcusable.

J OGorman

Are you some kind of man nun? He took one for the team against Ghana. You wouldn't have?

supersub

The first and last are complete non runners in this particular argument.