The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 11, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
And C , Ireland would have been outclassed like the Euros. Portugal last night was pretty ugly.

It wasn't exactly Ireland's first choice 11 in fairness.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on June 11, 2014, 12:59:04 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 11, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
And C , Ireland would have been outclassed like the Euros. Portugal last night was pretty ugly.

It wasn't exactly Ireland's first choice 11 in fairness.
Well that too! Have it recorded, will have a scan through later but not surprised that Ward got a skinning. The lad should be back with Bohs...atrocious.
Forde has a clanger in the locker every game, seriously jittery....
Our FIFA ranking is taking a hammering, likely to be 5th seeds for World Cup 2018 draw in September!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on June 11, 2014, 12:07:12 PM
Really looking forward to this starting, TV is shocking and the timing of the matches will ensure that its perfect for watching. Should be plenty of good matches, drama, fallouts, controversy, bad decisions, fallouts, shocks etc etc. Good entertainment.

And its in Brazil. The pressure on them will be incredible and if the tournament last year is anything to go by, their games will be massive events.

Brazil to win and Neymar to be the man.
THe missus was saying the same last night. I reminder her the WC was starting and she said she would rather watch nothing and if I was going to watch matches every night I could do it in another room. All a bit harsh I felt!  :D

supersarsfields

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 11, 2014, 01:08:38 PM
Really looking forward to this starting, TV is shocking and the timing of the matches will ensure that its perfect for watching. Should be plenty of good matches, drama, fallouts, controversy, bad decisions, fallouts, shocks etc etc. Good entertainment.

And its in Brazil. The pressure on them will be incredible and if the tournament last year is anything to go by, their games will be massive events.

THe missus was saying the same last night. I reminder her the WC was starting and she said she would rather watch nothing and if I was going to watch matches every night I could do it in another room. All a bit harsh I felt!  :D

You's watch TV in the same room?

ballinaman

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 11, 2014, 01:11:11 PM

Should do what Bobby Martinez does....has 2 TV's next to each other, he watches games with headphones on and the wife sits next to him watching her programs. He said it allows them to spend time together...absolute hero. ;D

thejuice

Why is David Forde in goals? He's not even from Donegal!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tony Baloney

;D Aye for general viewing we have fairly similar tastes. Usually banished to another room for sports and she knows to watch Coronation St. etc. when I'm not about. Works fairly well most of the time.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on June 11, 2014, 01:13:25 PM

Should do what Bobby Martinez does....has 2 TV's next to each other, he watches games with headphones on and the wife sits next to him watching her programs. He said it allows them to spend time together...absolute hero. ;D
I remember seeing that on MoTD or something - they have an L-shaped sofa so they can lie near each other facing at 90deg angle watching their own TVs. Class setup!

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 11, 2014, 01:19:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 11, 2014, 01:13:25 PM

I remember seeing that on MoTD or something - they have an L-shaped sofa so they can lie near each other facing at 90deg angle watching their own TVs. Class setup!
Yep, that's where I saw it too. Class

BennyCake

I see Rio is in Rio for the BBC. Surely he'll find the time to dance on the sand?

Billys Boots

Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2014, 11:05:21 PM
I see Rio is in Rio for the BBC. Surely he'll find the time to dance on the sand?

I love it ...  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

beer baron

Henry with the BBC also. Get ready for the Irish boycott.

mouview

Really hope South American setting can inspire a tournament to rival '70 and '86, while an '82 would be perfectly acceptable also.

All of a Sludden

We might not be there but that doesn't mean that World Cup fever isn't set to grip the nation ahead of tonight's opening game between Brazil and Croatia at 9pm.

Between betting, busters and just sheer general interest, we'll all have our say on the tournament over the next few weeks.

The big question remains whether Dundalk's very own Steve Staunton will have his record broken.

The former Liverpool and Aston Villa star – who played at Italia 90, USA 94 and Japan and South Korea in 2002 – has drawn more World Cup games than any player in the history of the tournament with eight.

The stat was revealed by the good folks over at Balls.ie, who also revealed that Robbie Keane (3) has scored as many World Cup goals as Cristiano Ronaldo (2), Lionel Messi (1) and Wayne Rooney (0) combined and that Ireland hold the record for the highest ever finish at a World Cup despite not winning a match (1990).
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.