The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 08, 2014, 12:18:39 AM
You can never read too much into pre tournament matches. Wasn't really feeling much love for it over the past few weeks but looking forward to it now and my two elder boys are at an age now (7 and 10) to be really into it.
Yeah can't wait myself. Games are at a decent time as well which is great.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2014, 11:15:31 PM
Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 07, 2014, 10:45:20 PM
Game back on in 10 mins.

England will struggle to get past the group stages
I have a very small bet on them finishing last in their group.

WT4E

Can someone explain to me why?

I went to back Messi top scorer (7/1) and Argentina to win (4/1) and I was expecting to get odds of 28/1 (7x4) but its priced at 14/1 on PP.

Am I missing something?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on June 09, 2014, 12:08:44 PM

I went to back Messi top scorer (7/1) and Argentina to win (4/1) and I was expecting to get odds of 28/1 (7x4) but its priced at 14/1 on PP.

Am I missing something?

Its because both bets compliment each other. For eg if Messi lifts the golden boot there will be a good chance Argentina have reached at least the last 4.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rossie11

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 09, 2014, 12:15:13 PM

Am I missing something?

Its because both bets compliment each other. For eg if Messi lifts the golden boot there will be a good chance Argentina have reached at least the last 4.
Exactly. Bookies will say they are linked.
Similarly you cant back a double for Messi to score 1st and Argentina to win that game.

WT4E

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 09, 2014, 12:22:42 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 09, 2014, 12:15:13 PM

Am I missing something?

Oh right. Still think the 14 is a bit stingey!!!

Exactly. Bookies will say they are linked.
Similarly you cant back a double for Messi to score 1st and Argentina to win that game.

bennydorano

Blatter's produced the Racism card as to why people are rounding on Qatar ??? The last refuge of a desperate man.

laoislad

Quote from: Sidney on June 03, 2014, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: trileacman on June 03, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

Did I say they'd win it? They're all the talk this weather but honestly I think the Italians, Uruguayan's or Paraguayans look like sides who could do alot more than people think in this championship.
I think it's unlikely the Paraguayans will do more than Belgium, considering they haven't qualified.
And what a shame it is that there will be no Paraguay.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 10, 2014, 09:28:51 PM
Quote from: Sidney on June 03, 2014, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: trileacman on June 03, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

Did I say they'd win it? They're all the talk this weather but honestly I think the Italians, Uruguayan's or Paraguayans look like sides who could do alot more than people think in this championship.
I think it's unlikely the Paraguayans will do more than Belgium, considering they haven't qualified.
And what a shame it is that there will be no Paraguay.....

Probably on vibrate  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rossiewanderer

I would love to see England go well would be a great to see them in a semi or final,I think they will do alot better than people think perhaps a quarter final at least. :)

Bosnia will be the surprise team of the tournament.Possible quarter finalist.

CorkMan

Quote from: rossiewanderer on June 10, 2014, 10:27:53 PM

I would love to see England go well would be a great to see them in a semi or final,I think they will do alot better than people think perhaps a quarter final at least. :)

Bosnia will be the surprise team of the tournament.Possible quarter finalist.

Tbh I think England will struggle to get out of the group. Italy have looked poor in the warm up games but they have a good few quality players (Balotelli, Pirlo, Marchisio etc.). Uruguay don't appear to be the force they were 4 years ago but in Suarez ( if he's fit) they have one of the best players on the planet. Not a big fan of Cavani from what I've seen but apparently he's quite good. So I think England could struggle.

Bingo

Really looking forward to this starting, TV is shocking and the timing of the matches will ensure that its perfect for watching. Should be plenty of good matches, drama, fallouts, controversy, bad decisions, fallouts, shocks etc etc. Good entertainment.

And its in Brazil. The pressure on them will be incredible and if the tournament last year is anything to go by, their games will be massive events.

Brazil to win and Neymar to be the man.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on June 11, 2014, 12:07:12 PM
Really looking forward to this starting, TV is shocking and the timing of the matches will ensure that its perfect for watching. Should be plenty of good matches, drama, fallouts, controversy, bad decisions, fallouts, shocks etc etc. Good entertainment.

And its in Brazil. The pressure on them will be incredible and if the tournament last year is anything to go by, their games will be massive events.

Brazil to win and Neymar to be the man.
Agreed. Going to be class. I reckon Argentina have a great shout, all their games up to the final in the south...A Brazil Argentina final is set up if both win their groups. Spain will have a say too and they other semi spot could be anyone.

Croatia to spoil the party tomorrow night and get a draw...Rakitić and Modric in midfield are serious.

Happy in a way that Ireland didn't qualify..because A) Saving 10,000 that i don't have and B) Get to actually watch the games, missed a rake in Poland travelling or sculling pints.

rodney trotter

And C , Ireland would have been outclassed like the Euros. Portugal last night was pretty ugly.