DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Dublin are pure doirt at present, not much better than the worst in Ulster and Armagh will coast this one so put your house on them.

Armaghgeddon

armaghniac

QuoteNFL D2 final was in Croke Park...

I am not at all sure that Dublin are that bad, but it is useful that the younger Armagh players have had a winning experience in Croke Pk.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

David McKeown

Of the likely 30 starting players I would wonder who has played most times in Croker. I remember meeting an Armagh statistician in 2005 or 2006 and he said that Armagh played more games in Croke Park between 2000 and 2005 than any other team including Dublin
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

lawnseed

wonder if my old park space is still there, somebody bring a consaw just incase :)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: David McKeown on July 12, 2010, 11:18:49 PM
Of the likely 30 starting players I would wonder who has played most times in Croker. I remember meeting an Armagh statistician in 2005 or 2006 and he said that Armagh played more games in Croke Park between 2000 and 2005 than any other team including Dublin

For Armagh im guessing in order of appearances at Croke Park it would look something like this...

2000-2006

1. McDonnell - Would be safe to say that he was at almost all of them.
2. R Clarke - From 2002 he has been at almost every Croke Park appearance
3. Hearty - Has played in goal for Armagh since 2003
4. McKeever - 2005
5. A Kernan  - 2005
6. P Duffy - Not sure
7. B Mallon - Not sure
8. A Mallon - Not sure

Also to add to that the U21 success in 2004 and in regards with the Cross players all Ireland club final appreances.

In 2008 initiation of Fin Mo; K Toner; C Vernon and M O'Rouke to the team.

And now in 2010 I would say all the team has played at croker.

Would say the Armagh team is more equipped for the big occassion.

armaghniac

6. P Duffy - 2006 v Kerry???
7. B Mallon - 2004
8. A Mallon - 2003

the Down game was helpful as it prevented the Wexford debacle being the last game.

Armaghgeddon

McDonnell has been to Croke Park twice this year. U2 concert and NFL final

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2010, 12:03:59 AM
6. P Duffy - 2006 v Kerry???
7. B Mallon - 2004
8. A Mallon - 2003

the Down game was helpful as it prevented the Wexford debacle being the last game.

P Duffy indeed played there against Kerry in 2006. Not sure about the Mallon's I can't remember how old they are.

INDIANA

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 12, 2010, 11:47:25 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on July 12, 2010, 11:18:49 PM

For Armagh im guessing in order of appearances at Croke Park it would look something like this...

2000-2006

1. McDonnell - Would be safe to say that he was at almost all of them.
2. R Clarke - From 2002 he has been at almost every Croke Park appearance
3. Hearty - Has played in goal for Armagh since 2003
4. McKeever - 2005
5. A Kernan  - 2005
6. P Duffy - Not sure
7. B Mallon - Not sure
8. A Mallon - Not sure

Also to add to that the U21 success in 2004 and in regards with the Cross players all Ireland club final appreances.

In 2008 initiation of Fin Mo; K Toner; C Vernon and M O'Rouke to the team.

And now in 2010 I would say all the team has played at croker.

Would say the Armagh team is more equipped for the big occassion.

If you think playing the current Dublin team is a big occasion then you must enjoy watching Derby County play Notts Forest on TV.

armaghniac

QuoteIf you think playing the current Dublin team is a big occasion then you must enjoy watching Derby County play Notts Forest on TV.

Both remind us of the good old days.

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2010, 12:28:20 AM
QuoteIf you think playing the current Dublin team is a big occasion then you must enjoy watching Derby County play Notts Forest on TV.

Both remind us of the good old days.

Ha Ha. I like that. ;D

Armaghgeddon

Regardless of the result this game isn't going to give any team the answers they need.

INDIANA

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 13, 2010, 12:34:07 AM
Regardless of the result this game isn't going to give any team the answers they need.

It will simply remind us of better days. Because both teams are so far away from 2002 and 2003 models its not funny.

mountainboii

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 13, 2010, 12:34:07 AM

We should probably ask them to redo the draw then. Waste of time this game, by the sounds of things.