DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Yeah, they'll hardly let it clash with the Ulster Final.

mountainboii

Happy enough with this draw. It'll be a step up from Fermanagh and Donegal, but still very winnable. The Dubs here don't seem to rate their team, but we're nothing special ourselves. It really is a 50/50 game.

We put in a good showing next weekend and, regardless of the result, this year can go down as a success. League promotion achieved; the same number of Championship wins as the previous three years combined; several young players introduced and reintroduced; and a couple of run outs in Croke Park. Anything else achieved from next weekend on can be regarded as a bonus.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2010, 07:55:42 PM
Isnt it amazing that Dublin got a home draw again?
Will it be in Parnell Park  :D ;D

It really should be to be honest, or say Navan, is it worthwhile opening Croke Park of 15,000? Not slagging the Dubs, no sets of fans are showing much support this year.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lynchbhoy

handy enough win for Dublin I'd expect !

Canalman

Imo won't be the cakewalk all pundits forecast. Armagh will be the roaring favourites and I think the Dublin fans will flock back to this game.

Really hope though we don't disgrace/shame ourselves like we did in the 2nd half of the 2003 game (and indeed in both halves of the 1st 2003 game).

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Canalman on July 11, 2010, 08:44:46 PM
Imo won't be the cakewalk all pundits forecast. Armagh will be the roaring favourites and I think the Dublin fans will flock back to this game.

Really hope though we don't disgrace/shame ourselves like we did in the 2nd half of the 2003 game (and indeed in both halves of the 1st 2003 game).
:D feckin 'arse-boxing' canalman !!!
LOL

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 11, 2010, 08:36:09 PM
I see you know as much about football as you do politics.  Good lad
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

put-it-up

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on July 11, 2010, 08:49:41 PM
I would rather a packed Parnell Park than the miserable atmosphere in Croke Park the other day. Armagh should defo go in as favourites but just because it is Dublin I reckon the bookies will have it even enough.

It is a pity they didnt get drawn away. Wouldn't it be great to get the Dubs playing an important game in somewhere like Newbridge or something. There would be a great atmosphere at the game.

Not being fancied to win though might suit Dublin and give them some freedom. However I imagine Stephie and Co. will fancy their chances big time of getting the better of the Dubs defence.

INDIANA

Quote from: put-it-up on July 11, 2010, 08:59:21 PM
I would rather a packed Parnell Park than the miserable atmosphere in Croke Park the other day. Armagh should defo go in as favourites but just because it is Dublin I reckon the bookies will have it even enough.

It is a pity they didnt get drawn away. Wouldn't it be great to get the Dubs playing an important game in somewhere like Newbridge or something. There would be a great atmosphere at the game.

Not being fancied to win though might suit Dublin and give them some freedom. However I imagine Stephie and Co. will fancy their chances big time of getting the better of the Dubs defence.

true but the brogans won't be quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing a defence demolished by Monaghan. As said above by AFS 2 very evenly matched average outfits. Could be very high scoring. 2 very leaky defences.

put-it-up

Will it be in Croker? Are the Dublin hurlers at home?

mountainboii

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 09:15:06 PM

true but the brogans won't be quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing a defence demolished by Monaghan. As said above by AFS 2 very evenly matched average outfits. Could be very high scoring. 2 very leaky defences.

Not sure about that. Monaghan and Down league game excepted, our defence has been solid enough this year. It's when we lose a man that things go belly up. If we're beat, it'll be because we haven't been able to get enough ball into our FF line.

INDIANA

Quote from: AFS on July 11, 2010, 09:27:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 09:15:06 PM

Not sure about that. Monaghan and Down league game excepted, our defence has been solid enough this year. It's when we lose a man that things go belly up. If we're beat, it'll be because we haven't been able to get enough ball into our FF line.
solid against div2 outfits though. Ours isn't much better

Denn Forever

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2010, 07:55:42 PM
Isnt it amazing that Dublin got a home draw again?
Will it be in Parnell Park  :D ;D

First team drawn out got home advantage.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mountainboii

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 09:44:16 PM
solid against div2 outfits though. Ours isn't much better

Aye, maybe. But I wouldn't dismiss their credentials on the back of the Monaghan game, where the second half circumstances did not allow for fair assessment.

Maguire01

I would rather a packed Parnell Park than the miserable atmosphere in Croke Park the other day.
Sure it'd be grand if they had a double header with the Louth Meath replay!  :P